Options
    Bump.
  • Rachelphobia
    Options
    Bump!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The fiber on these is so low in comparison to the Quest bars, that's disappointing. Otherwise, the recipe seems like a decent substitute.
    What about adding ground flax seed ?
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    The fiber on these is so low in comparison to the Quest bars, that's disappointing. Otherwise, the recipe seems like a decent substitute.
    What about adding ground flax seed ?
    Yeah, or a bit of fiber. I don't mind the lower fiber, love the recipe, looks delicious.:heart:
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    saving for later, Quest bars are the only protein bars I like. Thanks!
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    Cool! Can't wait to try these :)
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    bump to try later
  • DGPebbles
    DGPebbles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump to try later. Thanks
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    this could be awesome!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    bump. This looks easier than some of the other recipes I have tried
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    *bump* for later; will add clear fiber powder to recipes
    http://www.sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html
    Variations:
    -Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: use vanilla protein powder and sunflower butter, and chocolate chips/cacao nibs
    -Cinnamon Roll: use vanilla protein powder and add 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
    -Chocolate Brownie: use chocolate protein powder and add 1-2 tbsp cacao powder
    -Vanilla Almond Crunch: use vanilla protein powder, almond butter, and add 2 tbsp of almond pieces
    -Peanut Butter Supreme: use vanilla protein powder and peanut butter
    -Chocolate Peanut Butter: use chocolate protein powder and peanut butter
    -Coconut Cashew: use vanilla protein powder, cashew butter and unsweetened coconut
    -Lemon Cream Pie: use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and 1 tbsp lemon juice
    -PB & J: use vanilla protein powder, peanut butter and add 1/4 cup dehydrated strawberries (thinly sliced strawberries placed on a cookie sheet and left in the oven overnight on the lowest setting)
    -Mixed Berry Bliss: use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and dehydrated blueberries and strawberries
    -Strawberry Cheesecake: use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and dehydrated strawberries
    -White Chocolate Raspberry: use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and dehydrated raspberries
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of buying the ingredients for these so if anybody tries these before I do, please comment back and let me know how they are :)
  • sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump. Eat em every day!!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    These look awesome! And waaaaay cheaper.
  • shell3986
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    <<---- The smallest one in the pic is a lemon quest bar.

Made 2 batches, Almond Crunch & Chocolate PB. They are the exact size & weight as a real quest bar. Yes I opened one & measured LOL. Its a bit more chewy in texture and sticks to teeth, could be due to to much liquid (almond milk instead of water). Used ON French Vanilla.

For Almond Crunch used almond butter vs PB as suggested. Think this improved the taste.

Nutrition is not exactly what the real bar has. Almond Crunch: 231 cal / 24 Protein / 11g Fat / 9g Carb / 3g Fiber.... Chocolate PB: 203 cals / cal / 24 Protein / 9g Fat / 6g Carb / 2g Fiber ...

Overall not bad at all taking into consideration how easy it was to make & few ingredients.

Thanks for the post