Options

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Well, the worst light ice cream is Slim Twins. I tried the Cookies and Cream last night and it was awful. Not worth the calories!

I haven't come across some of the brands mentioned. I'll keep an eye out!

I’m not a fan of Slim Twin. It’s always at my Grocery Outlet and I understand why they can’t seem to sell it.

Enlightened cookies and cream is pretty good, and it comes in bars if you would rather have that instead of a pint.

That's where I picked up Slim Twins. Lesson learned!

Sounds like Enlightened is good across the board. I'll keep an eye out for more flavors.

Yeah, not everything at Grocery Outlet is good :)

We have three GOs in the area and one of them is really outstanding. They currently have Enlightened in triple chocolate, chocolate chip cherry, French toast, and glazed doughnut, plus red velvet bars. I highly recommend the triple chocolate and the red velvet. GO here also gets Halo Top regularly, but it tends to be unpopular flavors. I also got Chilly Cow cookies and cream there recently, which was good, and they have vanilla graham cracker in that brand too. I haven't tried the graham cracker yet.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's has a light ice cream that's delicious!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    placeboBL wrote: »
    There are certain flavors of Halo and Enlightened that I really enjoy, but the best of each don’t compare to the worst Chilly Cow. Chilly Cow is by far the best.

Have you tried the chilly cow cones? Peanut butter Marshmallow .... Yum I totally agree, Chilly Cow is the best. Love the bars, especially the brownie batter.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I tried Breyers vanilla yesterday. Pretty good!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    There are certain flavors of Halo and Enlightened that I really enjoy, but the best of each don’t compare to the worst Chilly Cow. Chilly Cow is by far the best.

Have you tried the chilly cow cones? Peanut butter Marshmallow .... Yum I totally agree, Chilly Cow is the best. Love the bars, especially the brownie batter.

I've never seen Chilly Cow in the stores, where are you finding it?
  • apullum
    Options

Grocery Outlet has it here. That's the only place near me that carries it. I'm in northern(ish) California.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

Grocery Outlet has it here. That's the only place near me that carries it. I'm in northern(ish) California.

I find it at Safeway here, but I'm in Alaska so that might not be any help.
    Chilly cow is hands down the best light ice cream. I love Umpqua fat free frozen yogurt though, it is better than most regular ice creams.
  • Katmary71
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hm, I didn't see Chilly Cow at Grocery Outlet or Safeway, I know for sure it wasn't at Grocery Outlet. I'm in Northern California too. If it's in with the other pints at Safeway I should come across it.
  • apullum
    Options
    Hm, I didn't see Chilly Cow at Grocery Outlet or Safeway, I know for sure it wasn't at Grocery Outlet. I'm in Northern California too. If it's in with the other pints at Safeway I should come across it.

I haven’t seen it at Safeway, but they do tend to have a good Enlightened selection :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    My Walmart has Chilly Cow.
  • chloerebeccaxx125
    chloerebeccaxx125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Halo salted caramel is to die for
  • Katmary71
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I'll have to check out Walmart then!
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

The one here does too, and it’s significantly cheaper there than other grocery stores around here.

• Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Chilly Cow has a store locator on their website, see here: https://chillycow.com/where-to-buy
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I really like the Bryers delights creamy chocolate ice cream I know it’s kinda plain but it doesn’t feel low cal at all at 270 calories per pint (that seems to be about what one scoop of regular ice cream is) but it is also 20 grams of protein per pint too. I didn’t like the mint chip one tho it was very chalky. I’m also not a halo top fan (just call me ice cream picky) I also like my store’s version of the low cal ice cream called scandalous but I don’t know stores other than Shaws that have that possibly Albertsons or Safeway I believe they are all under the same company umbrella. Hope you find one you like.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    Chilly Cow has a store locator on their website, see here: https://chillycow.com/where-to-buy

Thank you for posting this! It only showed Winco stores, which is cool as I've been shopping there along with Sprouts. I'll grab a couple flavors next time I go!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Yellerie wrote: »
    I really like the Bryers delights creamy chocolate ice cream I know it’s kinda plain but it doesn’t feel low cal at all at 270 calories per pint (that seems to be about what one scoop of regular ice cream is) but it is also 20 grams of protein per pint too. I didn’t like the mint chip one tho it was very chalky. I’m also not a halo top fan (just call me ice cream picky) I also like my store’s version of the low cal ice cream called scandalous but I don’t know stores other than Shaws that have that possibly Albertsons or Safeway I believe they are all under the same company umbrella. Hope you find one you like.

I'll keep an eye out next time I go to Safeway. I love mint so thanks for the warning on Breyer's delights. I'll have to try the chocolate!
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Just a warning about the chilly cow site locator it is not very accurate at all. The store I buy it at & the flavor I buy it claims aren't available near me. But my freezer disagrees lol
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Yellerie wrote: »
    Just a warning about the chilly cow site locator it is not very accurate at all. The store I buy it at & that flavor I buy claim they aren't available near me

Well shoot, I guess I'll wait until I need more than ice cream so I don't waste a trip. This thread had me rushing around to try different ice creams last week and I'm down to half pints of not very good flavors. I have a long list to try thanks to all of you, it's been fun!