Favorite Light ice creams?

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I think I tried the bars a while back..although it might have been Yasso brand. And I can't even remember which flavor..maybe sea salt caramel or cookie dough? I much prefer pints.
    I've never tried cold brew favor either. But I loved the brownies and cookie dough when I've had it. It's loaded with mix-ins!! Maybe I've just been lucky with the ones I've gotten. Anyway, I picked up one of those and one of the chocolate peanut butter today. It's hard to pass up when Ibotta gives you $3 back on each pint.
  • Ldiennor
    Ldiennor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love SKINNY-COW-Simply-Amazing-Salted-Caramel-Pretzel-Frozen-Ice-Cream-Candy-Bars!! 160 calories
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My service is awful right now and I can't upload the pic. But my Walmart only has 3 Enlightened pints: Chocolate peanut butter, Brownies and cookie dough, and Cold brew. They also only have 3 Enlightened bars: Mint chip swirl, Cookies & cream, and Sea salt caramel.

That's okay I always have trouble uploading photos on here too. Sounds good though! I asked enlightened if they are starting to carry in walmarts and they didnt answer clearly but said that "were still working on it" not too helpful 😏 lol
  • alexastoutxo
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    My service is awful right now and I can't upload the pic. But my Walmart only has 3 Enlightened pints: Chocolate peanut butter, Brownies and cookie dough, and Cold brew. They also only have 3 Enlightened bars: Mint chip swirl, Cookies & cream, and Sea salt caramel.

How are the bars, have you (or anyone else) tried them? I didn't care for Brownies and cookie dough ice cream, haven't tried cold brew. I have homemade cold brew every morning and it may not measure up.

I love their cold brew, you should try it out. I'm not a coffee fan but it's so smooth and has a very mild, sweet coffee like taste.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Yasso greek yogurt bars

I like these too! They do chocolate well.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Ldiennor wrote: »
    I love SKINNY-COW-Simply-Amazing-Salted-Caramel-Pretzel-Frozen-Ice-Cream-Candy-Bars!! 160 calories

I like that flavor combination, I'll keep an eye out for them!
  • Katmary71
    Options

How are the bars, have you (or anyone else) tried them? I didn't care for Brownies and cookie dough ice cream, haven't tried cold brew. I have homemade cold brew every morning and it may not measure up.

I love their cold brew, you should try it out. I'm not a coffee fan but it's so smooth and has a very mild, sweet coffee like taste.

OKOK, you twisted my arm, I'll try it!😀 Especially coming from a non-coffee fan, that says a lot!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I found Enlightened and Chilly Cow at Grocery Outlet. The two packs of Chilly Cow were 2 packages for three dollars. They had about 10 Enlightened flavors, most for $1.99. Smores was $2.49 and Triple Chocolate and Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch were $1.99. Triple chocolate was really good, I'm happy I had the chance to try it! Mint chip was there too, but I personally threw it away after trying it was so bad, and mint is up there with chocolate to me!

There were also bars, two kinds, one was Graham something and I don't recall the other. Don't recall which of the two brands they were as I wasn't interested in the flavors.
  • alexastoutxo
    Options
    I found Enlightened and Chilly Cow at Grocery Outlet. The two packs of Chilly Cow were 2 packages for three dollars. They had about 10 Enlightened flavors, most for $1.99. Smores was $2.49 and Triple Chocolate and Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch were $1.99. Triple chocolate was really good, I'm happy I had the chance to try it! Mint chip was there too, but I personally threw it away after trying it was so bad, and mint is up there with chocolate to me!

There were also bars, two kinds, one was Graham something and I don't recall the other. Don't recall which of the two brands they were as I wasn't interested in the flavors.

I really wish I had a grocery outlet near me, I would have bought out all of the enlightened they have lol. No luck with finding it in walmart though :/ I thought it would have been there by now.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options

The Chilly Cow vanilla graham ice cream is good! I thought the flavor would be boring too, but I love it.

My Grocery Outlet did not have the caramel oatmeal flavor last time I was there :(
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @alexastoutxo I wonder why your Walmart doesn't have Enlightened yet, that's weird. I'm in Northern CA and it's been about two weeks since bought it there. They only had a few flavors, but had my favorite.

I don't know if you have a Safeway, but I used my coupon from joining the Enlightened mailing list plus they were on sale for $3.99 this last weekend. I received a dollar off cashier coupon so I'm hoping they're still on sale.
  • alexastoutxo
    Options
    @alexastoutxo I wonder why your Walmart doesn't have Enlightened yet, that's weird. I'm in Northern CA and it's been about two weeks since bought it there. They only had a few flavors, but had my favorite.

I don't know if you have a Safeway, but I used my coupon from joining the Enlightened mailing list plus they were on sale for $3.99 this last weekend. I received a dollar off cashier coupon so I'm hoping they're still on sale.

I know I keep going back to check but still nothing yet :/ it might take a while I guess. At your walmart, did they just suddenly appear or was there a sign on the display that said they were new?
  • Katmary71
    Options

I know I keep going back to check but still nothing yet :/ it might take a while I guess. At your walmart, did they just suddenly appear or was there a sign on the display that said they were new?

There was no sign, they were just there among all the Halo Top. I hadn't looked there for it before though. I've had bad luck with Halo Top so I was happy to see it!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

The Chilly Cow vanilla graham ice cream is good! I thought the flavor would be boring too, but I love it.

My Grocery Outlet did not have the caramel oatmeal flavor last time I was there :(

If you like caramel, you have to try Caramel Oameal Cookie Crunch! It's caramel ice cream with swirls of caramel, it's rich especially for light ice cream, I think it's my new favorite Enlightened. There was a bit of cinnamon and a touch of oatmeal, but should be called something like caramel heaven it was so caramelly! I'll try hot cocoa next time I go. I have a Grocery Outlet coupon from joining the mailing list. I don't think it'll be hard to spend $25 to use the coupon!
  • apullum
    Options

If you like caramel, you have to try Caramel Oameal Cookie Crunch! It's caramel ice cream with swirls of caramel, it's rich especially for light ice cream, I think it's my new favorite Enlightened. There was a bit of cinnamon and a touch of oatmeal, but should be called something like caramel heaven it was so caramelly! I'll try hot cocoa next time I go. I have a Grocery Outlet coupon from joining the mailing list. I don't think it'll be hard to spend $25 to use the coupon!

I wish I could find that one! I always scope out the Enlightened flavors whenever I go in a new store, and I haven't found that flavor anywhere at all. I used to be able to finish off a pint of Haagen-Dazs dulce de leche (and still could, if I was willing to spend the calories...) so that sounds great!
  • Katmary71
    Options

I wish I could find that one! I always scope out the Enlightened flavors whenever I go in a new store, and I haven't found that flavor anywhere at all. I used to be able to finish off a pint of Haagen-Dazs dulce de leche (and still could, if I was willing to spend the calories...) so that sounds great!

I went to Grocery Outlet today and was nice enough to leave one pint of caramel oatmeal cookie crunch behind, so if you're in the Sacramento area I know a store that has it! I picked up the Graham chilly cow and hot cocoa Enlightened. Chilly Cow is still 2 for $3. Enlightened was $2.49. No more bars in either, and not much selection anymore. I'm sure Dulce de Leche Haagen Daz is amazing! I liked Ben and Jerry's triple caramel.
  • apullum
    Options

I went to Grocery Outlet today and was nice enough to leave one pint of caramel oatmeal cookie crunch behind, so if you're in the Sacramento area I know a store that has it! I picked up the Graham chilly cow and hot cocoa Enlightened. Chilly Cow is still 2 for $3. Enlightened was $2.49. No more bars in either, and not much selection anymore. I'm sure Dulce de Leche Haagen Daz is amazing! I liked Ben and Jerry's triple caramel.

I'm farther down on the Central Coast. Sacramento would be a bit of a trek to get some ice cream :) I made a Safeway run yesterday and picked up two flavors of Halo Top (chocolate PB and key lime), and two of the Safeway brand Scandal-less pints (chocolate caramel and caramel sea salt).
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I am revisiting breyers chocolate low cal. so good. and since i prefer having "fun stuff" I just put in my own cookies. FABULOUS. I think i'm on to something ;) Chocolate PB cookies. first time i tried cookies were still warm from the oven. but just as good on a second try with cookies from freezer.

on a side note - i generally have good control but apparently pb choco chip cookies are my kryptonyte. This was NOT what i intended for tonight and means i'll be skipping my bedtime snack. an issue for me to handle in a few hours :P Will need to find people to take these cookies off my hands before i eat them all...
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I put my own add ins t the ice cream pints as well- Great minds and all that