Favorite Light ice creams?

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    Well I'm embarrassed to admit that I specifically made an ice cream run, though I bought some veggies with it for balance. Walmart only had Halo Top and Enlightened, so I picked up my favorite Enlightened plus a new one. Winco had two kinds of Chilly Cow bars only so I picked the caramel. They only had Halo Top, so I picked Candy Bar and S'mores and will give the brand one more chance. I'm set for a week, will try to find the other brands next week!
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Halo Top pistachio all the way!
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think Arctic Zero is *terrible* and want to warn the whole world.
    I've gotta try Enlightened after all of these raves!

I usually go for smaller portions of regular ice cream, but I do like Halo Top! Favorite flavors so far have been pistachio, birthday cake, and mochi green tea (I think that last one was d/c'd). I was not as crazy about the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor but it was okay!

I didn't like Arctic Zero at all either!

I forgot about the mochi green tea by Halo Top, I love that one too!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Well I'm embarrassed to admit that I specifically made an ice cream run, though I bought some veggies with it for balance. Walmart only had Halo Top and Enlightened, so I picked up my favorite Enlightened plus a new one. Winco had two kinds of Chilly Cow bars only so I picked the caramel. They only had Halo Top, so I picked Candy Bar and S'mores and will give the brand one more chance. I'm set for a week, will try to find the other brands next week!

^^Life goals right there.

I only have one Enlightned pint and a couple bars left. Sounds like I have an excuse for an ice cream run!

Also good to know that the Chilly Cow website isn’t accurate because it shows ZERO stores near me. I’ll keep looking. We don’t have Winco here.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I tried Halo vegan ice cream and should've read the label. It's made of coconut cream so if you're not a fan of coconut like me, don't buy it!
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Walmart sells enlightened now??
  • Katmary71
    Options

Walmart sells enlightened now??

I think so! I may have mixed the two up, I went to Winco last. Shoot, now I'm not sure, sorry! I'm going to Winco this week so if they have Enlightened choc peanut butter I'll know for sure and will update.

Just have to add the Chilly Cow Brown Butter Salted Caramel bars are awesome! Thanks for the recommendations everyone!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my Walmart just started selling Enlightened very recently.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I used a hand full of frozen berries, good quality yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon or orange, a little lemon zest and a food processor. Comes out icy cold but should be eaten right away. Low in calories and the flavour I like.
  • alexastoutxo
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

No way! I've been waiting for so long for them to start selling it! What flavors were they carrying?
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

No way! I've been waiting for so long for them to start selling it! What flavors were they carrying?

Not too many. I got Chocolate Peanut Butter and Brownies and Cookie Dough. They had maybe 3 or 4 other flavors in the pints and a few different flavors of bars.
  • alexastoutxo
    Options

Not too many. I got Chocolate Peanut Butter and Brownies and Cookie Dough. They had maybe 3 or 4 other flavors in the pints and a few different flavors of bars.

Which were the other flavors in the pints other than the two you bought? Sorry I'm a huge enlightened fan and the only store i have near me is walmart so I'm excited to be able to buy it from there now
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I like frozen yogurt, especially the cherry/chocolate chip
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Which were the other flavors in the pints other than the two you bought? Sorry I'm a huge enlightened fan and the only store i have near me is walmart so I'm excited to be able to buy it from there now

I can't remember. Those were the two I was hoping for, so when I saw them, I just grabbed them and never bothered to check the others. Next time I'm there, I'll look again.
  • alexastoutxo
    Options

I can't remember. Those were the two I was hoping for, so when I saw them, I just grabbed them and never bothered to check the others. Next time I'm there, I'll look again.

Oh okay thanks for telling me about them! Ill have to go check my walmart tommorow
  • Katmary71
    edited June 2019
    Options

Oh okay thanks for telling me about them! Ill have to go check my walmart tommorow

I did get Enlightened at Walmart, I bought chocolate peanut butter (my fav). Winco only had Halo Top, though they have two kinds of Chilly Cow bars. Walmart didn't have a big selection. Safeway has Enlightened on sale right now plus I used a $1 off coupon I got from joining the mailing list.
  • alexastoutxo
    Options

I did get Enlightened at Walmart, I bought chocolate peanut butter (my fav). Winco only had Halo Top, though they have two kinds of Chilly Cow bars. Walmart didn't have a big selection. Safeway has Enlightened on sale right now plus I used a $1 off coupon I got from joining the mailing list.

Are they barely starting to carry it? My walmart doesnt have enlightened yet
  • alexastoutxo
    Options
    If someone goes to walmart and sees enlightened there, please snap a picture and share here please!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    My service is awful right now and I can't upload the pic. But my Walmart only has 3 Enlightened pints: Chocolate peanut butter, Brownies and cookie dough, and Cold brew. They also only have 3 Enlightened bars: Mint chip swirl, Cookies & cream, and Sea salt caramel.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    My service is awful right now and I can't upload the pic. But my Walmart only has 3 Enlightened pints: Chocolate peanut butter, Brownies and cookie dough, and Cold brew. They also only have 3 Enlightened bars: Mint chip swirl, Cookies & cream, and Sea salt caramel.

How are the bars, have you (or anyone else) tried them? I didn't care for Brownies and cookie dough ice cream, haven't tried cold brew. I have homemade cold brew every morning and it may not measure up.