6/1 start date accountability/support group?

Options

Replies

• cactusdove
    cactusdove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I want to make this month count.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have a good group going!
  • lazygirlweightloss19
    lazygirlweightloss19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. This is a great idea!

I am 31, 5'9.

Starting weight: 316
    Current weight: 307
    Ultimate Goal: 175

My monthly goal is to lose 5-8 lbs monthly.

Recently had a few unwelcome health issues arise and have decided to try my hardest to fix/reverse.
  • EllieMcC6
    EllieMcC6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

SW: 208
    CW: 207
    GW: 133

I’m 26 and 5’4”.

This weeks goals will be to drink more water and start working out.

I’d love to lose 5-8 pounds this month, if I can get out of the 200s I’ll be thrilled!
  • ThisWillBeTheLastTime
    ThisWillBeTheLastTime Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day one is here!!! 🎉🎉🎉 I’m going to log EVERYTHING and stay away from sweets. I’ll check in daily here too. Thanks to everyone for joining in!
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    First day of June! Goal for me this week is to better appreciate the nice weather and go outside more often!
  • lilikoiskincare
    lilikoiskincare Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So happy to have found what I am looking for! A good support group. I know how to lose weight but since I have thyroid issues I need to be totally consistent Witt my diet which is hard for me but I am ready to commit after 2 weeks of binging on junk food ( I am prone to starve myself and then binge) I am going to do this the right way and make sure I eat enough healthy foods so that I don’t feel the need to binge on crap!

I am
    5’3”
    25 yo
    SW: 154.8
    CW: 143
    GW: 125

I use a scale that shows me BF% and muscle mass and I will log that info as well.

Current BF%: 31
    Muscle mass: 90.5
    Goal BF%: less than 25%
    Goal muscle mass: 100 lbs of lean muscle 💪🏼
  • lilikoiskincare
    lilikoiskincare Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! My name is jessica :)

Anyone have tips for losing fat with thyroid issues? I am not on medication since my TSH has improved greatly with just diet changes but I was wondering if anyone knows supplements, vitamins, or tips to really improve my metabolism ?

My doctor said minerals and healthy fats help a lot but does anyone have more insight on this subject? Thank u xoxo
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I am cautiously optimistic :smile: that things may be slowing down somewhat and I can pull a little bit of organization back into my life!

I'm 56 and enjoy anything outdoors! I feel like I make healthy food choices (for the most part), but mindless snacking in the evenings get me every time. If my motivation and self-control were as good in the evenings as they are in the mornings, I wouldn't be trying to lose 10-15 lbs.

My goals are to:
    1) "Discard" 10-15 lbs. I would say "lose", but I don't want them to find me again!
    2) Log every day
    3) Keep up my walking routine--I'm thinking that I should walk in the evenings so that I'm nowhere near the kitchen AND possibly join the gym again.
    4) Keep moving, be mindful of eating/food choices, and I promise that I will be cheering each and every one of you on towards your journey!
  • maryrlpetersen
    maryrlpetersen Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I think we’re doppelgängers @jbrinker23 ! Same problem here. I’m 55 and work full time so it’s only when I get home that I get off track! Restarted MFP cuz it worked five years ago.

CW:157
    GW: 137

1. Exercise Goals: walk 3x week at lunch; spin 3x week at home
    2. Log daily
    3. Curb alcohol intake to zero - one glass night (we make wine as a family boutique small vineyard so we have unlimited supply -haha!)

Would like to join up!
  • lazygirlweightloss19
    lazygirlweightloss19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! Today I am going to log everything I eat and do. I have a Fitbit but am unable to get to sync, but will be logging as close as possible.
  • carolinemharper10
    carolinemharper10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Current weight is 135. Goal weight is 126.
  • MattO229
    MattO229 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Would it be better making a discord group ? I can't keep track of posts that have lots of people lol
  • Mgogreen
    Mgogreen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!
    I would LOVE to have motivational support! Or even a place to go when that awful sugar crave takes over my world! My man can eat anything - has a speedy metabolism and very physical job = no weight gain. Me? I look at a cookie and gain weight! Plus I’m a chef so am constantly surrounded by yummy foods. But am also the manager so am sitting in front of a computer most working hours.
    So can I join? Will someone virtually kick my butt? I’m 48 and 5’9”.
    SW = 280
    CW = 280
    GW = 199

• cactusdove
    cactusdove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm 58, work full-time. I'm looking forward to being held accountable for my bad eating habits. I was never good at doing this alone. A group is perfect.

SW 205
    CW 174
    GW 140
  • belindajanemartin
    belindajanemartin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I’m wondering is it too late to join? I’m 45 and was only asking my husband tonight to support me (h can eat all he wishes to eat) so I can shift a bit and stay on the wagon. I largely eat well just snack and eat too much for my height/metabolism, also stress binge and hormonal eating. All this I just need to learn to control. Love the idea of supporting and empowering each other. I’m only 5f1in so cant carry much weight.

CW 151 lbs
    GW 130 lbs
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Can I join please? Or am I too late? Weight of this morning 199.4 Onederland 😃😁 6 weeks of being healthy, no sweets, crap etc and watching portions, started at 217 and hit Onederland this morning. Please feel free to add me folks, would love the extra support and friendship along the way ❤️ by they way, 37 yrs old, and only 5ft 3 so I’ve about another 40/50 lbs to lose x
  • ThisWillBeTheLastTime
    edited June 2019
    Options
    MattO229 wrote: »
    Would it be better making a discord group ? I can't keep track of posts that have lots of people lol

@MattO229 that’s a great idea! I’m on it!
  • ThisWillBeTheLastTime
    edited June 2019
    Options
    MattO229 wrote: »

@MattO229 that’s a great idea! I’m on it!

Ok everyone! I figured out the group setup! It’s called “Accountability & Support Group (start date 6/1/19)”. It’s a public group with a private board. Please join me in celebrating and supporting each other as we follow the path to a healthier lifestyle! Thanks for the suggestion, @MattO229

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    katiedoo82 wrote: »
    Can I join please? Or am I too late? Weight of this morning 199.4 Onederland 😃😁 6 weeks of being healthy, no sweets, crap etc and watching portions, started at 217 and hit Onederland this morning. Please feel free to add me folks, would love the extra support and friendship along the way ❤️ by they way, 37 yrs old, and only 5ft 3 so I’ve about another 40/50 lbs to lose x

Congratulations on reaching onederland! You've lost a lot in 6 weeks!