Calories and carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So true Lynn so true lol his paws are huge lol.
    His sisters a tiny 5”2 gal 112lbs soak y wet with a sz 6 foot .
    He’s catching up fast with her lol. Funny part is everyone laughing at how much padding my home has but he trips over his feet so much it’s the best option you know the saying bigger they are harder they fall!
    North have you seen that JimmyKimmel guys episode where they ask people if they think we should save homosapiens from extinction got a lot of No’s lol. Yeah doing all the homework I can my great grandpa was 8ft tall man. Got a cousin who texts with me a lot his mama tries to remember stuff for me (For 90 she has a great memory) he’s 7ft tall his wife too. Trying to get family members measurements to go by best I can to run stuff past them problem is we’re all old now so things like BMI y starvation diets are well not in our data base sort to say lol. Cousin who’s actually a 3rd cousin y me find apps together for everything we need from grocery lists to weight loss he opted for Ketos but I got a headache on it had to stop. The DMV sent me their manual for employees for the little one so I know the rules to laws they measured him for us think he’ll outgrow his car seat super early. We’re on our 4th car seat now the insurance company sent us 2 more that are bigger for older kids to grow into only charged $35 each or so. We bought a taller person home but he can still reach lol so not easy to put stuff out of reach. We buy taller everything we can so he can’t reach the fridge handles that open without ease to get into the pickle jars lol.Opens easy from the inside only. All I do is research praise God it’s out there but not going by the latest fads.Old tried and true when I can .
    https://youtu.be/WfEqAolZFB0
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://www.texaschildrens.org/departments/weight-management-obesity/body-mass-index-bmi
    Hospitals in Texas are bad about using it to Kids Doctors y schools.
    I think Texas needs to stop using BMI on kids,especially babies!
    My son they say is over 100% found a newer app that includes his head to body measurements says he’s 85% for BMI
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    I thought the wheat or whole wheat breads /pastas are supposed to be healthy their on the type2 diabetic lists even. My gastronologist says stay away from white bread he made me switch. Lol he was eating McDonald’s burger y fries while he added no fried foods lol. You bet I made him give me some fries.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If weight lost is truly calories in vs calories out. Why are we told to limit carbs and sugars to avoid gaining weight?

I just watched a video of a doctor saying that eating sugar/carbs causes the body to store fat and use sugar for energy.

Not being a scientist I can only talk from my own experience.
    I dont believe that 'carbs' have some magic quality about them which causes my body to store fat and use sugar for energy (Im not sure this is physically possible anyway)

But I do know that carbs/sugar/starches for me personally causes me to crave eating lots of food, it makes me feel hungry, want more and more and more.

So personally I reduce the amount of these. I do have ryvita for breakfast and I eat lots of veg and some fruit (not mega keen on some fruit) which I find helps me control my appetite. Therefore I am not on a 'low carb' diet.

I could twist this and say that not eating as high carb based products is making me lose weight but its not exactly that simple.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    I think it’s more mobility that effects a lot. I used to eat like a bird but drink enough tea that my bosses had a big containers with my name on them to keep me around lol. I was the most active hyper person you’d meet. Ask my day it would include a farmers market to climbing a ladder at an orchard even in the night was with my teen at an all night diner having cheese fries y teas after a midnight movie at the theater. If you walked into a dusty book store or museum you’d see me leave find me at the bank before you. Lol I tired folks out. Now I’m a home body gardening to taking care of baby only picking fruit/nuts off my own trees. I’m still a sugary tea addict could make everyone tea in an apocalypse any type you like I got a bag.Never watched what I ate was eating organic to junk daily. Now I count calories like a walking calculator.
    Thanks for the tortilla info was thinking of trying those will tell hubby to stick with what we know. Of course smelling food makes me gain a pound anymore lol. Just be glad I’m typing not talking out loud I’m also a giggly bubbly sort of a Woman not fun if your not a morning person. Come by it naturally or is it all the sugary tea? Who knows. Right now potty training fun someone want to hold his Pooh Bear while he sits...let’s hope Pooh won’t need a bath.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Got fruit trees out back my hubby reaches the high ones me medium baby what’s on the ground I drop. I find it more palatable to add 1/2 store bought to the real oranges only because I feel their too tart if I don’t. Got some Chinese figs or banyan haven’t figured what they are they taste good. But afraid if drinking to much cause of sugar since I added store bought to it. I love good carbs I can’t cut out all carbs I tried that Keto got headaches. I couldn’t pass up a potatoe if I tried love potatoes in. My soups