Anyone want to do a 30 Day challenge with me for June?

Replies

• THEGYMWIMP
    THEGYMWIMP Posts: 3 Member
    I am in too .... started on my own June 1 just moving for 10 minutes - and now its the 4th and im getting my motivation back slooooowwwwwllllly .. so thank you all in advance for the inspiration
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 182 Member
    karenps21 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, how is everyone doing? I have been doing On Demand workouts at home on my television the last 2 days just to get something done even when I can’t get to the gym. I plan to go to a Zumba class tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing great! Please check in and let us know how you’re doing so far!
    Karen

How was Zumba today?
  • Ellevated
    Hello to all the new joiners of this challenge!

Today I got absolutely soaked on my walk, as the heavens opened moments after I stepped out. I decided to enjoy it anyway, though!

4/4
  • Harley123xyz
    Harley123xyz Posts: 9 Member
    I think today is a bust for me. No exercise :(
    Also exceeded my calorie budget.
    But it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Tomorrow I'll be back on track.
    How'd everybody else do today?
  • Ellevated
    I think today is a bust for me. No exercise :(
    Also exceeded my calorie budget.
    But it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Tomorrow I'll be back on track.
    How'd everybody else do today?

Great attitude to have. That's why it's called a challenge. It's ok! :)

• iliciag7781
    iliciag7781 Posts: 45 Member
    Walked outside and inside, 7200 steps. B)
  • Ellevated
    edited June 2019
    Didn't have time to hit my full quota while walking today (28 minutes), so did some yoga to make up for it. I was intending to reintroduce yoga to my routine anyway so this was a great opportunity to do so!

How's everyone else doing?

PS. In case you didn't know, you can add this thread to 'favourites' with the star 🌟 icon (the bar at the top, on my Android phone, at least), which should mean it goes to your notifications (whenever you check into the 'Community' area of MFP) when someone posts here on the thread.
  • iliciag7781
    edited June 2019
    Walked 45min/5k B)
  • Ellevated
    Walked 45min/5k B)

Nice work!
  • Ellevated
    Got my activity in today too.

Where's everyone else at?!
  • upr3160
    upr3160 Posts: 7 Member
    I have been walking almost every day at least 10,000 steps to help lose weight and so far it is working well. Changed my diet to exclude bread & pasta. Trying to eat more vegetables & fruit. I know a lot is common sense but now I'm more aware. I try to log everything but measurements are sometimes off. Luckily my company encourages walking with designated paths and many people take part.
  • iliciag7781
    edited June 2019
    Walked 45 min twice, morning and afternoon... about 500 cal burn today B)
  • Ellevated
    edited June 2019
    upr3160 wrote: »
    I have been walking almost every day at least 10,000 steps to help lose weight and so far it is working well. Changed my diet to exclude bread & pasta. Trying to eat more vegetables & fruit. I know a lot is common sense but now I'm more aware. I try to log everything but measurements are sometimes off. Luckily my company encourages walking with designated paths and many people take part.

Well done! It's so great that you have the support of your employers with designated paths. While it's fantastic that you're trying to log everything, I'm curious what you mean by the measurements being off. How are you measuring? I only ask because, yes, a little underestimating here and there is fine, but if it's a daily occurance then 'compound interest' begins to intervene and can potentially take you off course.

How are you finding excluding bread and pasta? Some people (not just those with an intolerance, allergy or Coeliac's Disease) find that it can make them sluggish after eating it (myself included).
  • Ellevated
    Walked 45 min twice, morning and afternoon... about 500 cal burn today B)

Way to go!
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2019
    karenps21 wrote: »
    Hi! I’m Karen and I would like to start a 30 Day Challenge for the month of June, where we do at least 1 physical activity for 30 minutes every day of this month! I had started Intermittent Fasting 6 months ago on Dec 1 and I WAS doing really well! I had lost 8 lbs but then I fell off the wagon and started drinking too much soda and eating too many baked goods. So I gained a lot of that weight back! I want to get serious again and would love to have a few people join me with this 30 Day challenge! Today’s June 1, so I’m already at the gym! Here’s to 29 more days of dedication! Please join me!

Does work count? I deliver for a living so for 6 to 10 hours im on the go - usually 12-15k steps a day 4 days a week. I just got a treadmill so that can be on my off days??
  • iliciag7781
    Walked 45 min, burned 225 calories B)
  • Harley123xyz
    Harley123xyz Posts: 9 Member
    After tonight's trudge, I'll have 30-30'd six of the seven days into this challenge. Feeling pretty proud at the moment!
    Who else wants to share their well-deserved feelings of accomplishment?!
  • iliciag7781
    Walked 45 min, 225 calories burned B)
  • iliciag7781
    Walked 45 min, 225 cal burn B)
  • Ellevated
    I did 1 hour 43 minutes walking on Thursday, but there's been flashflooding here so it wasn't feasible to go walking yesterday. I did 30 minutes of yoga instead.

Today I did 29 minutes of walking (so close) and 2 minutes strength building by carrying 2 litre bottles around the house! 😂

💪😎