Anyone want to do a 30 Day challenge with me for June?

Replies

• Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 182 Member
    saundraxo wrote: »
    Does work count? I deliver for a living so for 6 to 10 hours im on the go - usually 12-15k steps a day 4 days a week. I just got a treadmill so that can be on my off days??

Hi, @saundraxo. Obviously I can't speak for
    Karen but, what would be a challenge for you?

If you normally find it difficult to do 30 minutes of activity on your off days then you might feel that is enough of a challenge, without adding an extra 30 minutes activity goal to your work day.
  • 1Di5
    1Di5 Posts: 33 Member
    @karenps21 I completely need this motivation! I hope I am not too late to join the challenge, I just saw the posting. I'm recovering from an abdominal hysterectomy and tumor (benign) removal. So to have somewhere to be held accountable for my walks, would be fantastic! My goal will be at 30 minutes of daily exercise (walk) and 8K in steps. I'm slowly working myself back to 10K in daily steps.
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    Ellevated wrote: »
    Does work count? I deliver for a living so for 6 to 10 hours im on the go - usually 12-15k steps a day 4 days a week. I just got a treadmill so that can be on my off days??

Hi, @saundraxo. Obviously I can't speak for
    Karen but, what would be a challenge for you?

If you normally find it difficult to do 30 minutes of activity on your off days then you might feel that is enough of a challenge, without adding an extra 30 minutes activity goal to your work day.

@Ellevated I am not even sure honestly. I can do 30 mins its just boring even with music. I wanna switch it up in sections.

15 mins
    5 min break
    Four times to make the hour

Or 2x 30 mins with a 10 min break. Honestly my challenge is just keeping up with it everyday. Eating slightly better isnt bothersome to me. I want to do 1 hour a day maybe 6x days a week (plus 20 mins before bed to keep me sleepy so i can reduce my melatonin intake)
  • Ellevated

@Ellevated I am not even sure honestly. I can do 30 mins its just boring even with music. I wanna switch it up in sections.

15 mins
    5 min break
    Four times to make the hour

Or 2x 30 mins with a 10 min break. Honestly my challenge is just keeping up with it everyday. Eating slightly better isnt bothersome to me. I want to do 1 hour a day maybe 6x days a week (plus 20 mins before bed to keep me sleepy so i can reduce my melatonin intake)

Do what works best for you. As long as it feels like a stretch rather than putting you into panic or overwhelm. What feels good to you?

I don't know how long you've been doing that particular job, but if you're finding it a challenge to just keep up with that level of activity it's worth considering building it up gradually.

It's great that you've come up with a strategy to work around the boredom. Another way would be to switch up what kind of physical activity you do on your days off work. Just an idea.

Feel free to add me!
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Late to the game but i'm in!
  • iliciag7781
    iliciag7781 Posts: 45 Member
    45 min walk, 225 cal burn B)
  • karenps21
    karenps21 Posts: 9 Member
    How is everyone doing after 1 week? I did 8 days straight of workouts but I did miss today. It just got so busy. I will be back on again tomorrow morning!
  • Ellevated
    Aaron949 wrote: »
    Late to the game but i'm in!

Welcome!
  • Ellevated

Nice going!
  • Ellevated
    karenps21 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing after 1 week? I did 8 days straight of workouts but I did miss today. It just got so busy. I will be back on again tomorrow morning!

Never mind, it happens. 8/9 is better than 0/0 because there was no goal to start with! Great going!
  • Ellevated
    I did a 50 minute walk with inclines today.
  • 1Di5
    1Di5 Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2019
    I walked 3 miles in 52 minutes today.
  • iliciag7781
    Walked 65 min, burned 330 cal
  • riacox1
    riacox1 Posts: 1 Member
    Ten days late to the party, so I'll go until July 10th. I'm in!
  • evangelene12
    evangelene12 Posts: 196 Member
    Ten days late too. Will post starting weight tomorrow and go on till July 10th.
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi! Hope it’s not too late to join . Love this idea and would like to hear more on how to be healthy, lose weight. Here’s to accountability and encouragement.
  • iliciag7781
    10015 B)
  • Ellevated
    Welcome, newcomers!

28 minutes walking and 5 minutes of yoga today. 10/10 so far!

There's severe weather here so I doubt I'll manage activity outdoors tomorrow! Anyone else in the UK on this thread dealing with the same thing?
  • evangelene12
    evangelene12 Posts: 196 Member
    30 minutes of Zumba today.
  • iliciag7781