Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 1,603Member Member Posts: 1,603Member Member

Replies

• PhirrgusPhirrgus Posts: 1,904Member Member Posts: 1,904Member Member
    *IF* I liked them (gag) I would fit what I could where I could - cookies like that are just too rich and sweet for me.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 12,120Member Member Posts: 12,120Member Member
    I've never eaten that brand, but they look similar to ones I have. Bland, simple, only-sweet, generally awful. Bleaagh, no thanks.

You can have my share.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,266Member Member Posts: 2,266Member Member
    Hate em. Cookies are my weakness. Not lofthouse.
  • BecomingMoreAwesomeBecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 135Member Member Posts: 135Member Member
    I think that brand may go by a different name here, but hose cookies are strictly school party fare. I love cookies, but those are too “kid-friendly” for my tastes. The ones at my grocery store are usually peanut and treenut free though, which is why they make an excellent class party treat.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 3,321Member Member Posts: 3,321Member Member
    Re the food in the OP, ick, not my thing. I'm picky about sweets.

Re "polarizing":
    aokoye wrote: »
    Wait - those are polarizing? I thought you were going to say something like mayonnaise, ketchup on hamburgers (or hotdogs), or candy corn. Unless you're talking about the dialectical differences pertaining to whether or not you call what's in the above picture cookies or biscuits.

Heh, I thought it was going to be bread, corn, or potatoes, although ketchup (esp on hotdogs, which is a travesty) and mayo are good ideas, and now that I'm thinking about it, cilantro, of course. Or soybeans.

I went out to dinner tonight, and my friend and I agreed at great length that marshmallows are one of the worst foods ever, so them too.
  • mph323mph323 Posts: 3,319Member Member Posts: 3,319Member Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Re the food in the OP, ick, not my thing. I'm picky about sweets.

Re "polarizing":
    aokoye wrote: »
    Wait - those are polarizing? I thought you were going to say something like mayonnaise, ketchup on hamburgers (or hotdogs), or candy corn. Unless you're talking about the dialectical differences pertaining to whether or not you call what's in the above picture cookies or biscuits.

Heh, I thought it was going to be bread, corn, or potatoes, although ketchup (esp on hotdogs, which is a travesty) and mayo are good ideas, and now that I'm thinking about it, cilantro, of course. Or soybeans.

I went out to dinner tonight, and my friend and I agreed at great length that marshmallows are one of the worst foods ever, so them too.

THANK YOU! Until I moved from New York to California I never realized that ketchup on hot dogs was even an option :o