Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

1235

Replies

  • glassyoglassyo Posts: 3,632Member Member Posts: 3,632Member Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    I'm team pineapple. Need to lose the jalapenos tho.
  • AllgaunAllgaun Posts: 150Member Member Posts: 150Member Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I've never heard of mayo on a hotdog.

    Re ketchup: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-08-04-1993216204-story.html

    I've never heard of mayo either. I always thought ketchup and mustard was the standard hotdog topping everywhere.

    Chicago is strongly against ketchup on hotdogs.

    But Chicago eats that funky yellow mustard, NYC goes for the Golden's
    edited June 6
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Posts: 918Member Member Posts: 918Member Member
    Allgaun wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I've never heard of mayo on a hotdog.

    Re ketchup: https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-08-04-1993216204-story.html

    I've never heard of mayo either. I always thought ketchup and mustard was the standard hotdog topping everywhere.

    Chicago is strongly against ketchup on hotdogs.

    But Chicago eats that funky yellow ketchup, NYC goes for the Golden's

    Don’t forget the unnecessarily-green relish.
    hvfqp10osknz.jpeg
  • Keto_VampireKeto_Vampire Posts: 1,440Member Member Posts: 1,440Member Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    Man, you're asking for trouble on this one
    hkl356pdi5na.png
  • whmscllwhmscll Posts: 1,923Member Member Posts: 1,923Member Member
    I’m wondering why people have to put additional dressings/toppings on everything and can’t just eat the food the way it comes.
  • shaf238shaf238 Posts: 2,155Member Member Posts: 2,155Member Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    Pineapple does not belong on pizza.

    They say everyone is entitled to an opinion but...
  • bennettinfinitybennettinfinity Posts: 837Member Member Posts: 837Member Member
    By definition, cookies cannot be polarizing... Pancakes, on the other hand...
  • COGypsyCOGypsy Posts: 347Member, Premium Member Posts: 347Member, Premium Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    I’m wondering why people have to put additional dressings/toppings on everything and can’t just eat the food the way it comes.

    I just find most food way too bland without some flavor added—-salt, chile, dressing, sauce....I just need something there to make it pop!
  • MrsTitus2MrsTitus2 Posts: 37Member Member Posts: 37Member Member
    Street tacos <3

    mlnmow7f6j5l.jpg
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 1,524Member Member Posts: 1,524Member Member
    Pizza should absolutely have pineapple. That sharp sweetness cutting through the savoury, salty unctuousness - lovely!

    It should also have feta, olives, jalapeno and sweetcorn.

    ...actually, it should have pepperoni, but I'm mostly vegetarian these days...
  • confidenceinrainconfidenceinrain Posts: 98Member Member Posts: 98Member Member
    I LOVE the cookies in the OP, but now I live in the UK and they don't seem to really exist here.

    Speaking of pineapple on pizza we are having pizza tonight, and it will be pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno like the photo: with the cheese already on it you get all the different taste areas, so good!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 2,469Member Member Posts: 2,469Member Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    Needs ranch. And probably tabasco....but mostly ranch.

    I never knew people ruined pizza by dipping it in ranch before MFP. Blows my mind!
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 2,469Member Member Posts: 2,469Member Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    I'm team pineapple. Need to lose the jalapenos tho.

    Either is fine, but I've never tried them together on a pizza. Would be open to doing so, however.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 2,469Member Member Posts: 2,469Member Member
    By definition, cookies cannot be polarizing... Pancakes, on the other hand...

    How are pancakes polarizing? (I want to learn!)

    Chili, BBQ -- polarizing.

    Also, although I like Chicago style hotdogs better than other hotdogs (and no ketchup, although I'd go mustard (which can be brown), onions, and non sweet relish (I hate sweet relish), and will have the pickle on the side. No celery salt for me. I do like giardiniera, which is sometimes available and good on almost everything (not pizza or ice cream).

    However, I will admit that I would almost always choose a brat over any hotdog.
    edited June 7
  • dm01234_1dm01234_1 Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    xaxtyx2w62nj.png

    All personal. For me - I wouldn't call this food... It's utter fake crap. I love cookies and desserts and all of it.. However, this example is a total waste of calories.
  • COGypsyCOGypsy Posts: 347Member, Premium Member Posts: 347Member, Premium Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    Needs ranch. And probably tabasco....but mostly ranch.

    I never knew people ruined pizza by dipping it in ranch before MFP. Blows my mind!

    Ha! I'm a recovering Texan......ranch is basically a food group down there. I don't usually eat ranch on pizza the first day I have it. I live alone, so ordering pizza is basically food for the week. Ranch helps leftovers tremendously.
  • funjen1972funjen1972 Posts: 945Member Member Posts: 945Member Member
    Blech! 😝
  • ladyreva78ladyreva78 Posts: 3,971Member Member Posts: 3,971Member Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    What about...

    pepperoni-pineapple-jalapeno-pizza.jpg

    Man, you're asking for trouble on this one
    hkl356pdi5na.png

    I never claimed to be normal :yum:
Sign In or Register to comment.