Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The sugar problem

Tandyman23Tandyman23 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
Make sure to closely monitor sugar intake even if you are watching calorie intake. The effect sugar has on insulin level and fat isnt correlated with the amount of calories you are consuming. I personally try not to exceed 10g of sugar a day if that. Counting calories means absolutely nothing if you are still consuming 30g+ of sugar a day.

Replies

• L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Posts: 7,196Member Member Posts: 7,196Member Member
    30 grams? 3 tablespoons?
  • magnusthenerdmagnusthenerd Posts: 723Member Member Posts: 723Member Member
    Tandyman23 wrote: »
    Make sure to closely monitor sugar intake even if you are watching calorie intake. The effect sugar has on insulin level and fat isnt correlated with the amount of calories you are consuming. I personally try not to exceed 10g of sugar a day if that. Counting calories means absolutely nothing if you are still consuming 30g+ of sugar a day.

Why?
  • DerpesDerpes Posts: 2,001Member Member Posts: 2,001Member Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    New account... 2nd post... does not engage commenters on a debate thread once crazy proclamation has been made. Hmmmmm.....

The other post is a duplicate of this one in the Success forum. I agree with your Hmmmmm :)

1xbqxe1uid79.jpg
  • dbanks80dbanks80 Posts: 3,451Member Member Posts: 3,451Member Member
    I dont eat or drink a lot of sugar because it makes hungrier and thristier shortly after. Unless you are diabetic there is nothing wrong with sugar.
  • hesn92hesn92 Posts: 5,491Member Member Posts: 5,491Member Member
    Ok then.