What happens when you eat 10,000 Calories in 1 meal?

Options
124»

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Alright - giving secret eaters a whirl :)
  • Clarisse_McClellan
    Clarisse_McClellan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If it were me, my stomach would rupture, and I'd be hospitalized, possibly dead.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    According to MFP many of us ate around that amount yesterday and didn't even realise it, nor did we notice a difference is the scales. Hee hee!
    I am another who could never eat that amount in one sitting. Just the thought of that much food makes me feel ill. It would be interesting to know how much I was eating in my previous life of binge eating though.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I think this topic got derailed by using the number 10,000 while the overall concept got hidden. The general premise was:

If I overindulge at a given meal (say Thanksgiving), does every single calorie actually count against me, or does some of it pass through, not necessarily undigested (like corn), but at least not stored at 100% efficiency?
  • JesNotJen
    JesNotJen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If it were me, my stomach would rupture, and I'd be hospitalized, possibly dead.

That’s two of us. I can’t even wrap my head around it. I know people do it (i.e. examples from above posts); however, I’m pretty sure that would lead to a pukefest for me at the minimum.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there is a way to calculate your maximum daily digestive ability, or if that is too individualized to be able to make general rules for. It would be so rare of an application that I don't imagine there will ever be really solid research on it. I mean, who needs to gain the maximum amount of fat possible in the shortest amount of time, right?