TV moments that made you cry. Possible Spoilers.

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When Rose leaves 10 in Doctor Who. Ugh. The whole episode really... what happened with Donna didn't help.

Torchwood when... heck when all the guys who died died.

I cried the whole first episode of Broadchurch too.

Lost, a bunch of them, I don't really remember, but definitely Jin and Sun.

The doc who died in Stargate Atlantis.

I know there are a ton more, but I can't remember right now...

The worst was probably the finale of Quantum Leap though.

ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot about the ER ones. Ugh...
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    The death of Jesse this year is tough to watch. Writer is a dear friend and said people will flip out.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    That one Waltons episode (I think it was called "Day of Infamy") about the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Mary Ellen stays home from church to pack because she's a nurse and she's leaving in a huge hurry to meet her husband who is stationed in Hawaii. She's listening to the radio and the announcer breaks in with news about the bombing and she later finds out he's been killed.

What made that really poignant was that the broadcast they were playing was a real broadcast from that time. I only saw it once, about 20 years ago, but it just really choked me up.
  • strangewebby
    Options
    For TV:

After she turns into Illyria on Angel, when they do the flashback of Fred leaving her parent's house in Texas for L.A. She's so hopeful and you know how she ends up, its so sad.

The episode of Buffy with Joyce's funeral, especially the scene with Anya trying to figure out how she is supposed to feel/act.

The last five minutes of Six Feet Under when they show how ever major character dies.

On Farscape pretty much anytime Aeryn cries.

On Grey's Anatomy when George signed the 007, he wasn't my favorite character but his death was really well written for the shock factor. And also on Grey's when Lexi dies. It took me awhile to cry because I was in shock and was so angry that they killed off my favorite character. I am still so bitter about it that I haven't watched the most recent season yet so I didn't know until five minutes ago that apparently her body was eaten by animals.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Last episode of MASH
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Friends Finale
    There has been a few Grey's Anatomy episodes.

Don't judge me.

My husband cries at sappy stuff and I think it's the sexiest thing about him. Sensitive guys are hot :flowerforyou:

Now for me, the finale of "Lost" made me bawl my eyes out. I know a lot of people hated the ending but I loved it SO much!
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"and did anyone see the series of american biggest loser when there was a woman on who had lost her whole family in a car accident - husband and 2 kids- every time they showed her talking about it i woudl well up.... it was a blonde woman, she did really well, if anyone knows who i mean?"

[/quote]

Abby!! :sad: oh my gosh we both sobbed every time she was on!
  • ALekaeHay
    ALekaeHay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ANYTIME Will Smith cried on Fresh Prince.. in particular the ones where Carlton accidentally takes the speed and is in the hospital, and the one where Will's dad doesn't show up. Gah.

ANYTIME the "sad puppy" commercials come on.

The end of Armageddon, Steel Magnolias (Shelby's funeral), and a Lifetime movie called Mom at Sixteen. (The end just gets me!)

The beginning of P.S. I Love You leaves me HYSTERICAL I tell ya!

.... And, when Opie dies on SOA.
  • ALekaeHay
    ALekaeHay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm man enough to admit that I teared up a little at the end of The Fresh Prince of Bel-aire episode where Will's father leaves him and he expresses his anger to Uncle Phil by telling him how far in life he's made it without him and says "THE HELL WITH HIM!", but then breaks down and says "Uncle Phil, why don't he want me?" and Uncle Phil just hugs him and the camera pans to the statue of the sculture of a father holding his son.

Oh, who am I kidding...I bawled like a freaking baby!

YESSSS!!!! This is the one I meant!
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    when Mike was killed on Desperate Housewives. When Noah and Ally died together in The Notebook.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Will's father walks out on him for the umpteenth time.

And since people are mentioning movie moments, it would have to be when Mufasa died, and Simba is trying to wake him up in the Lion King. I still get choked up over that!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm man enough to admit that I teared up a little at the end of The Fresh Prince of Bel-aire episode where Will's father leaves him and he expresses his anger to Uncle Phil by telling him how far in life he's made it without him and says "THE HELL WITH HIM!", but then breaks down and says "Uncle Phil, why don't he want me?" and Uncle Phil just hugs him and the camera pans to the statue of the sculture of a father holding his son.

Oh, who am I kidding...I bawled like a freaking baby!

YESSSS!!!! This is the one I meant!

Haha!Someone beat me to it!!!!
  • tonafoto
    tonafoto Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When JR was shot in 'Dallas'
    Every time Al Bundy comes home

Film
    When Ben Stiller's thing is stuck in his zipper in 'There's something about Mary'
    When Travolta and Jackson talk about a footmassage in 'Pulp Fiction'

Crying my eyes out
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    the finale of Dawson's Creek when Jenn dies when her Grams is there in her room in the hospital with her. Jen looks over at her (as far as i remember, been years ago now) - she sheds 1 single tear, then rests her head back on the pillow and fades out. they had been making a video for her baby - earlier in the episode - knowing jen was dying - so that would help the baby remember her mom - and jen granted custody of her baby to her bff jack. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *choked up now*

also and OMG - the final episode of Roseanne! - when she's looking around the table revealing the 'truth' about all the people in her life.....and then she gets to Dan's chair....and it's empty!!!! find out he had DIED from the heart attack he had at darlene's wedding....but she wrote him in as a cheater because she wasn't ready to deal with the actual fact of his passing felt easier to deal with him being gone because he was kicked out. man talk about SOBBING FEST! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *bigger lump in throat now*
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Not really sure how much I should really admit here .... but there is a scene at the end of "The Champ", as an 8-year old boy stands by the bedside of his dying father, pleading with the doctor "Wake him up doc, wake him up".

That has taken down everyone that has every seen it, without fail!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I loved a Spooks character once. And a Game of Thrones character.
    Stupid, stupid, stupid decision. Never do that. *sob*

I usually don't cry during sad parts in movies/shows, though. I get insanely angry instead. I have screamed at my laptop when certain characters have died. However, I did get a little misty-eyed in Duma when Xan lets his cheetah go... haters gonna hate.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    When George died on Grey's.

yes just commented on someone else's post about episode. and when Denny died, and when McSteamy died and when Lexi died...they kill off too many good characters

haha I'm on like season 3 of Grey's on netflix, this is freaking me out!
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    When Charlotte dies in "Charlotte's Web".
    Practically every episode of "Army Wives"
    Every episode of "Undercover Boss"
    "Schindler's List"
    "Life Is Beautiful"
    "The Memory Keeper's Daughter"
    "Radio"
    "The Color Purple"
    "Spirit, Wild Stallion Of The Cimarron"
    "Lost" (When Jack tells Kate he loves her)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Opi in prison, y'all know what I mean

Any season ending in Supernatural and most episodes

Dogtown makes me sob, just about every episode, I'm not allowed to watch it anymore.

Doctor Who:

Donna Noble's last episode, holy sob fest.

The Angel's Take Manhattan- god, so much crying.
  • Wreckyard
    Options
    When the German Shepherd died in I Am Legend. Well, I didn't cry but teared up.

The funeral on "End of Watch" is really sad. I choked up.