Alcohol

2»

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,522 Member
    This has definitely been a sticking point for me. I honestly just got serious and decided that I'd cut out drinking unless I REALLY wanted to, but I realized I love food more than booze...

A friend once remarked that when I was wining and dining the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

It became clear that I was going to have to choose- eat or drink. I chose eating. No one was more surprised than I was.
  • iRyanS
    iRyanS Posts: 42 Member
    Fortunately, I was able to cut back on alcohol consumption during my weight loss journey. I'm not a casual drinker (again fortunately). Mainly a social drinker whose consumption mainly came on a day or two on the weekend.

I didn't completely phase it out however. If I knew I'd be drinking, I did everything humanly possible to account for it. Biggest thing I would do is, leading up to the social event, cut my caloric intake a couple hundred calories for a couple days prior to the event. That, and\or do an additional 5-10 minutes of cardio in some capacity. There are ways to "combat' it, but sustaining that practice is the challenge.

If over-consumption happens, it happens. No need to beat yourself up over it! Tighten up the diet and cut back. Plan for it when you can.
  • splashdjp
    splashdjp Posts: 1 Member
    @streakcheer7 I was having this though this week as well. Reading thru comments I see many I can relate too. The munchies and poor food choices that accompany it are haunting. And just 1 glass of wine leads to another. We love cocktail hour at our house. Going to try to just sub a smarter choice during this time.