Bananas and fruit sugar in general?

OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
I eat three bananas a day sometimes, always one at least but sometimes 2 or 3. Obviously that puts me over on sugar every time with the app. I just ignore that because its natural sugar in fruit with all types of other benefits. I have lost 70 pounds doing things like this but I would like to know what you guys think. Fruit natural sugar good, not good? Going over sugar for the day because of natural sugar bad or not? In general what do you think?

Replies

• OAS5
    Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. I agree with all said here. I kinda best myself up just a bit over sugar but I guess based on this I shouldn't. I love bananas by the way. I switched to organic and love them even more.
  • OAS5
    Thank you guys for the replies. I love bananas so I can't give them up, sugar or not.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I love bananas also. I often eat about 2 per day. So versatile.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I love bananas! Unfortunately, my tummy will only allow me one a day. Otherwise I'd eat a bunch a day.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Mmm bananas! I eat at least one every day. Lost weight just fine:)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I swapped out Sugar and Sodium for Fiber and Iron, as those are more useful for me to track.
  • jrh_this_better_work
    jrh_this_better_work Posts: 92 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I swapped out Sugar and Sodium for Fiber and Iron, as those are more useful for me to track.

Just did this exact swap myself. Although, now I can see that my iron intake is very low. Guess I'll start working on that!