What is the one thing about you that surprises people?

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    People are often surprised by nothing that I do
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Really? This surprises me
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Really? This surprises me

Search your soul and I think you'll find that you knew that all along
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I curse like a sailor and tell extremely inappropriate jokes.

Since I'm quiet and shy around people I don't know and pretty proper at work, it shocks people when I relax and become myself.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    leggup wrote: »
    I'm a swing dancer but my husband isn't. If the first fact doesn't surprise someone, the second one does. SO MANY people think you have to have all the same hobbies as your life partner.

This is pretty common in dance scenes. It's a tough dynamic with social dancers to keep relationship because of the small community. It's like dating at work.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    I was in the Army Reserves right after high school, I ride a Harley, and I do inspection on bridge & highway construction.
  • caco_ethes
    I'm a swing dancer but my husband isn't. If the first fact doesn't surprise someone, the second one does. SO MANY people think you have to have all the same hobbies as your life partner.

This is pretty common in dance scenes. It's a tough dynamic with social dancers to keep relationship because of the small community. It's like dating at work.

y9jsnubidn7f.gif
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    edited June 2019

y9jsnubidn7f.gif

35739637.jpg
  • caco_ethes

y9jsnubidn7f.gif

35739637.jpg

y42k03uirluf.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Nothing.

I'm average in every conceivable way.

• NotSo_LittleRichard
    edited June 2019
    probably everything
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    That I prefer metal/hard rock/heavy alternative music, pretty much exclusively.

For some reason, when I tell people that, they think I'm joking or being sarcastic. (Sarcasm from me is no surprise, however)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'm an artist, a security, a seminary student, and I'm 40. All of these things seem to surprise people. I've had more than one person tell me after getting to know me that I'm not at all what they thought.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    It depends on the people. Someone at work once asked if I even owned a pair of jeans. 😂. They never saw me in casual clothes until I wore jeans and a polo in during a hurricane. Some people are surprised that I do almost all of the repair work on my vehicles. I once swapped the rear axle in my truck on a work night and was at work the next day. I was tired, but at work.
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    There’s a lot that surprises people about me when they get to know me. Everyone who knows me says I am very sweet. But they seem to think sweet and innocent are the same thing. Then they get to know me and are surprised how far from innocent I am.;)
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Was born in Germany - all I got - I'm a pretty basic dude

Cool. What part? I’ve been to Fussen and Munich
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Was born in Germany - all I got - I'm a pretty basic dude

Cool. What part? I’ve been to Fussen and Munich

Frankfurt - also was in schwienfurt for about 3 years as a kid