What is the one thing about you that surprises people?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

For my husband, it would be that he’s not as cool with smoking and drugs as people expect him to be. He has long hair and kids mistake him for a hippie and ask him to buy things for them, and he actually doesn’t do that sort of thing at all and isn’t okay with it.

I've known several guys like this! My ex husband was even asked by coworkers in his twenties if he could get drugs for them and he'd never tried anything like that in his life.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    People are surprise by my personality and the fact that I am really kind and caring. I have RBF that I can't seem to control and I'm very quite/shy when I first meet people so everyone thinks I'm mean or stuck up. I'm not I promise!
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    jenready wrote: »
    People are surprise by my personality and the fact that I am really kind and caring. I have RBF that I can't seem to control and I'm very quite/shy when I first meet people so everyone thinks I'm mean or stuck up. I'm not I promise!

I believe you!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    I have tattoos and body piercings but yet I'm a scaredy cat of getting a blood test
  • fishbonz75
    fishbonz75 Posts: 3 Member
    how good of a chef i am and never had one day of culinary training in a school setting
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm in nursing administration and a nurse educator. During the work day/week, it's all business clothes/dresses. I also ride a motorcycle, am a craftaholic (knitting, sewing, weaving, cross-stitch, vinyl/paper cutting), and play multiple instruments.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    "How much you bench press?" I don't and haven't for many years.

I'm not a fitness fanatic. I eat fast food damn near everyday.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I'm not sure anything I do surprises people.. family and friends know to expect the unexpected... I keep em on their toes.

The only thing I can think of is that although I'm an extrovert, love being around people etc occasionally I need to be alone and have quiet. (Though usually I'm plotting a prank or something) 😁
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    How much I pay attention. And how much I care. Most folks get the impression I don't care, so I don't pay attention.
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    How much I pay attention. And how much I care. Most folks get the impression I don't care, so I don't pay attention.

Same here.
  • rfitnessmfplulz
    rfitnessmfplulz Posts: 154 Member
    I've spread hundreds of thousands of duplicates over the course of my time in service. Duplication is a messy business.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    A few things -

I was a cop for a few years
    My resting b*tch face is just that, Im really a sweet caring person
    Im from NYC but live in Alaska.....oddly most are so surprised by this you'd think I moved from NYC to the moon lol.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Alia_R wrote: »
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Same here.

Glad I'm not the only one.
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Dan2668 wrote: »
    When I tell people I'm from Cornwall.

Haha, geddon, meht. Kernow bys vyken!

---

For me, it's probably when I say about what a little *kitten* I was, when I was a kid. You would have put me in a foster home lol.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    That I can use power tools. 😉
  • ready2lose2101
    ready2lose2101 Posts: 47 Member
    Even though I come off as a extrovert I’m actually an introvert.

This describes me perfectly! Also, many people are shocked that I'm a Professional Engineer.