Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    no
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    No.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Good or bad in what context?

Personally, I believe in a balanced diet - there are micro-nutrients in fruits, vegetables, grains and pulses that are necessary for optimal functioning - and I will not skip Sushi day...ever.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Everything in balance.

If I'm 90km into a 100km bike ride, I don't need more protein, I need more carbs as I've probably gone through all my glycogen reserves during the previous 3 hours.

Carbs are bad* when I'm sitting on the sofa watching TV and doing very little. I really don't need to be eating a bag of chips or cookies at that time. I'm not using that much energy. But if I'm in the initial scenario and need energy for that last 10km of the ride, a banana or a candy bar, or some bread and honey is an excellent choice.

* a relative term.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'll go out on a limb and say I like some foods that are primarily carbs and dislike others because it's a very varied category and they don't all taste the same.

Mostly I like them, vegetables are one of the most important food groups and IMO most are tasty when properly prepared, most fruit is delicious, potatoes are great, beans are a tasty source of protein and fiber, fresh in season corn on the cob is a treat, pasta is delicious (but IMO only really when combined with fat and protein and other carbs). Steel cut oats can be a comfort food for me.

I would not consider foods that are basically half fat as carbs, so won't go on about them.

OP, do you really think all carbs taste bad? Hmm.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    Good or bad for what?

^^^This...