Friends With Benefits, your experiences or thoughts

Options
12346»

Replies

• bohomaze
    bohomaze Posts: 12
    Options
    It all started with being just friends with benefits-now we are togheter. Ive never been happier :)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    ......stds are not a consequence of fwb, stds are a consequence of sex....period! and this consequence can occur even among married people.
    Why do they have an STD?

Some STDS show no symptoms for years, and some STDS can be transmitted even with condom use. There is ALWAYS the possibility of not knowing you have something or passing something without knowing. STDS are SCARY beasts.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ......stds are not a consequence of fwb, stds are a consequence of sex....period! and this consequence can occur even among married people.
    Why do they have an STD?

Some STDS show no symptoms for years, and some STDS can be transmitted even with condom use. There is ALWAYS the possibility of not knowing you have something or passing something without knowing. STDS are SCARY beasts.

IMPORTANT -
    This Thread isn't a STD thread... May I suggest that anyone who has not 'married' their first sexual partner NEVER has sex again... We could be chatting about 'Hair Lice' - Don't put your head on a cushion that someone else used.

This Thread is about FWB, std is a aspect ALL sexual relations (married, dating etc) have to deal with... This thread is about your experiences, or thoughts, not general sexual health aspects.
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    I'm way too crazy to succeed at this one. I try but something always goes awry - either I get attached or he does, or I want more benefits than he does, or the friend part gets awkward. It's fun for a time or two if I want to take the edge off of those long dry spells in the arena but more than twice is playing with fire :devil: :smokin: I'm just a keeper girl
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Long before I knew the term FWB, I had many. :laugh:

My experience is that the easiest, guaranteed to work ones, are with people already in open, emotional relationships with someone else, because then you know you're not expected to fulfil that role.

I was only free and single for about 2-3 years total before I met my DH, so I don't know how it would have been with a ticking biological clock to contend with.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I believe that we as mammals are genetically programmed to be attached to (and protective of) a mate, to improve the survival rate of our offsprings. But, people are different. Personally it's not easy for me to be attracted enough to a woman to sleep with her, but not attracted enough to build a relationship. I can't imagine sleeping with any woman unless there's something in her personality that I like, otherwise it's gonna feel like humping a doll. Now, if I like her personality, then I run a high risk of getting attached.
  • MORECHABLIS
    Options
    I have two currently.

One is married and loves his wife, she just doesn't enjoy sex, so I help him out in that area. I get what I want, he gets what he wants and no messy emotions involved. We have been FWB for a little over 4 years.

The other is quite a bit younger than me (I'm 43 he's 23) so a FWB works best for us, I think it would be too hard trying to be in a relationship with someone that much younger than me, but we have fun and hang out when we both have free time.

As long as all parties involved know that it is all for fun, no emotional baggage allowed, it works out great.

Good for you girl... I used to FWB a girl that had a few more than me as a FWB... I was quite happy, we enjoyed our times out and IN, until we had just had enough...
  • angelgoone
    Options
    I had a FWB for a few months and it was great. We occasionally talk and he introduced me to a new world of sex and he was my best friend and teacher. No emotions got mangled. Now we are just friends although I do miss the sex.
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    No, my body isn't a theme park that everyone gets a ride on lol. But seriously, I can only imagine someone getting hurt in the end and losing a good friend and it's really not worth it to me. I'd rather save that for someone that I'm seriously involved with. I apploud everyone else that can make it work :flowerforyou:

^^ my thoughts exactly. :wink:
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    always sounds like a good idea. I have only heard other people talk about it like people in this post. I was never lucky enough to get an FWB. All the girls I have met seemed to want commitment. Who knows may be in future..
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea, I can agree! But then most things always sound better than they actually are. :ohwell:
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    After years of research, b!tches be crazy.

Made me lol :laugh: :laugh:
  • MORECHABLIS
    Options
    Currently doing the fwb it works for us we dont have sex with anyone else but have the freedom to go out and do what ever we please and not have to worry about anything, Hmmmm should call him tonight lol

I hope you called him... Until you are ready for a long term commitment, FWB best option compared with what else is available to singletons.
This discussion has been closed.