Grab and Go Breakfast Under 400

Options
13»

Replies

• slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    oat muffins made with eggwhite rolled oats and some flavor add like banana and PB or zuchinni pest etc, around 75 calories each. Egg cups with blended egg whites and cottage cheese mixed with lightly sauteed vegetable of my choice, around 50 calories, more if you add cheese. I make oats eggwhites and cottage cheese bread that is 75 calories a slice for the size I cut. Add a fried egg and a slice of cheese for right at 300 calories. same bread with 1TBS of peanut butter is 250 calories.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Or on how to politely consider suggestions. 😕
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Carnation instant breakfast mix + cup and a half of 1% milk/almond milk. 300 ish calories right here, and satisfying too boot.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just bought these egg frittata things by Jimmy Dean (in frozen foods). They are 250 calories for 2 of them. They are the size of a small muffin and are surprisingly tasty. They heat up in less than 3 minutes and are very filling. You could probably make something similar from scratch if you were wanting to control the ingredients.
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    laurelh8 wrote: »
    And another vote for overnight oats. I did a quick number crunch of a basic recipe with no added sweetener or toppings. Not a bad building block, IMO.
    0qwakllh0ogr.png

Your oatmeal calculation seems off to me. Only 75 calories for 1/2 cup rolled oats seems really low. Is that cooked or uncooked?

I eat oatmeal most mornings and 45 g of uncooked old fashioned rolled oats is at least 170 calories.

I stand corrected! It should be 150 for 1/2 cup uncooked. 75 calories is 1/2 cup cooked, a toddler's portion. 🙄
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Overnight oats are fun because they're portable and can be customized to taste and preference. They personally don't fill me up, though, so I'd pair with a hard-boiled egg or something like that. But, hey, you might be okay with it on its own.

I've also seen people prep breakfast sandwiches in advance. Eggs, cheese, choice of protein or veggies, toasted on an English muffin or roll, then kept wrapped in paper towels in the freezer. Just warm the next day and enjoy! I've personally never done this myself (I usually just prepare my eggs the same morning), but I'd like to experiment with this method.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Really, you can make anything a grab and go if you make it the night before (or a few nights before such as on the weekend). Overnight oats, protein shakes, protein muffins or pancakes, egg muffins, oatmeal bakes, yogurt parfaits, etc. If you plan it well enough, you should have a variety of options.

As for myself, I usually put aside about 450-500 calories for breakfast. I either make something the night before or wake up 15 minutes earlier to be sure I can workout, shower, and make a quick breakfast.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I boil a dozen eggs at a time and pair an egg with 3 pieces of microwaved Oscar Mayer Uncured turkey bacon and a banana. I also make a broccoli and cheese crust less quiche with half eggs and egg whites. It heats up so easy in the microwave and gives you 8 days of breakfasts (I freeze individual pieces in baggies after day 3, so it stay fresh and just microwave it quickly to defrost and reheat). I also pair that with a piece of fruit (honestly usually a banana).
    My daughter and I have been doing smoothies lately. It’s quick if you prepackage the frozen fruit in individual baggies. So many variations of this. You can use triple zero vanilla yogurt and strawberries with almond milk, coconut water, cashew milk, or water. Obviously you can do protein powder instead of yogurt. My favorite is acai purée, pineapple, coconut water, mango, red raspberries or peach and baby spinach. You can add chia or flax seed to it. Then I eat a hard boiled egg or turkey bacon with it for protein.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Carnation instant breakfast mix + cup and a half of 1% milk/almond milk. 300 ish calories right here, and satisfying too boot.

So there ARE people who can just drink their breakfast and be satisfied!

This sounds like my personal hell, but I'm glad it works for someone. I feel like a potential weirdo but I've noticed that I don't feel satisfied without the act of chewing, to some degree.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options

This sounds like my personal hell, but I'm glad it works for someone. I feel like a potential weirdo but I've noticed that I don't feel satisfied without the act of chewing, to some degree.

Yeah me too. Even when I have a smoothie, I usually pair it with protein like an egg or turkey bacon. My protein shakes are for after weight lifting, but it never replaces a meal!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

You're not weird. Unless we both are. ;) I need to actually *eat* calories to get even somewhat satiated. For me, drinking them is a waste of perfectly edible calories.