Options
    beebva4 wrote: »
    a8pb69l83xzl.jpg

She has the cone of shame <3

She’s beautiful!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @GretaGirl8 We are here, and many have struggled with depression and anxiety--both of which are often medicated/numbed with alcohol. Please check out the resources here. This is a wonderfully supportive and non-judgmental community. I've been laid off several times and it can not only be concerning financially, but really can mess with your self-esteem. You are not your job. Take advantage of this time to take stock of your life and where you want to go from here. Sometimes it's easier to exercise without a taxing work schedule--the more you exercise, the less you'll want to sabotage your progress with over-indulgence.
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    @globalhiker It sounds like filling your days with some amazing hikes is a FABULOUS way to fill some of the void left by loved ones who are no longer part of your daily life. And we can't design our meaningful lives while in a numb state. Or probably even a comfortable state. Thanks for sharing...
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    7/4 - AF
    7/5 - bad :(
    7/6 - kept to my goal of waiting till night time, however had more than I wanted. But better then the night before so thats good.

Today's goal is allowing one night cap but ultimately I will push for AF today.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue into July with a goal of 4-5 AF days per week. It is great to be able to check in here each day. Thank you for looking after us @MissMay : - )

May - 18 AF days
    June - 16 AF days - Really had to backload that one! It was nearing the end of the month and I was only at 12 AF days. Maybe going to try to get more in at the beginning of the month this time.

July 01 - AF
    July 02 - AF - Guess that I will start my tally at the bottom : - ) I realize now that 16AF days (4 per week) in a 31 day month is like having drinks every second day!
    July 03 - AF - Today was no problem to be AF, but yesterday was a long hard day and I really felt like kicking back and having a couple of drinks - I just didn't. I even bought some of that fake beer that I have heard some of you talking about (I got Grolsch) - but it didn't occur to me to go to the fridge and have it. I am not a beer drinker, so I guess that it wouldn't have really been a substitute for a brandy or a glass of red wine : - P
    July 04 - 3 drinks
    July 05 - AF
    July 06 - 3 drinks

Running total: 4 AF days out of 6 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @mainelylisa
    What a fabulous photograph!! You definitely wouldn't want to stay out on the lake with a storm like that, but so beautiful.
    You have an hour to edit a post, in the top right there is a little icon that looks like "settings" which you can click and a drop-down of "edit" appears and you have to click it.
    Your post wasn't a bummer, we are all sharing stuff : - )
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    @MissMay I'm so very sorry for your situation...can't imagine. You're such a support to us here, but please make sure you get support and take care of yourself. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. Hugs and more hugs...we are here for you too...
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    That is a sucky situation @MissMay
    I am sorry that you are having to live with that. So not fair!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to continue into July with a goal of 4-5 AF days per week. It is great to be able to check in here each day. Thank you for looking after us @MissMay : - )

May - 18 AF days
    June - 16 AF days - Really had to backload that one! It was nearing the end of the month and I was only at 12 AF days. Maybe going to try to get more in at the beginning of the month this time.

July 01 - AF
    July 02 - AF - Guess that I will start my tally at the bottom : - ) I realize now that 16AF days (4 per week) in a 31 day month is like having drinks every second day!
    July 03 - AF - Today was no problem to be AF, but yesterday was a long hard day and I really felt like kicking back and having a couple of drinks - I just didn't. I even bought some of that fake beer that I have heard some of you talking about (I got Grolsch) - but it didn't occur to me to go to the fridge and have it. I am not a beer drinker, so I guess that it wouldn't have really been a substitute for a brandy or a glass of red wine : - P
    July 04 - 3 drinks
    July 05 - AF
    July 06 - 3 drinks
    July 07 - AF

Running total: 5 AF days out of 7 days so far.
  • mainelylisa
    Options
    @fitchick37 That's an awesome accomplishment. Don't over-analyze it--just keep enjoying the benefits of not having a glass (or more) everyday!