Less Alcohol - JULY 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @Womona Thanks for the encouragement. You just inspired me to call about tennis lessons! I need something physical/social and challenging, and just remembered we have a giant indoor/outdoor complex here. And congrats on your melted pound!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue into July with a goal of 4-5 AF days per week. It is great to be able to check in here each day. Thank you for looking after us @MissMay : - )

May - 18 AF days
    June - 16 AF days - Really had to backload that one! It was nearing the end of the month and I was only at 12 AF days. Maybe going to try to get more in at the beginning of the month this time.

July 01 - AF
    July 02 - AF - Guess that I will start my tally at the bottom : - ) I realize now that 16AF days (4 per week) in a 31 day month is like having drinks every second day!
    July 03 - AF - Today was no problem to be AF, but yesterday was a long hard day and I really felt like kicking back and having a couple of drinks - I just didn't. I even bought some of that fake beer that I have heard some of you talking about (I got Grolsch) - but it didn't occur to me to go to the fridge and have it. I am not a beer drinker, so I guess that it wouldn't have really been a substitute for a brandy or a glass of red wine : - P
    July 04 - 3 drinks
    July 05 - AF
    July 06 - 3 drinks
    July 07 - AF
    July 08 - AF - Um, I saw Kombucha being made on a TV show, sorry y'all that like it, but whoa, ick! : - P
    July 09 - AF

Running total: 7 AF days out of 9 days so far.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    @beebva4 if you can, try to get out into the sunshine and take a nice walk, listen to some music, maybe both at the same time... this usually helps me to change my mood for the better :)
  • gbwill48
    gbwill48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. So how does one go about joining this challenge...I go the challenge section in the app and can't see any challenges to join...🥺🤔
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @gbwill48 You're here--so you're joined--welcome! This is more of a self-challenge with support. We're not formal or judgmental.
  • gbwill48
    gbwill48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've since discovered challenges within the app are only available to US subscribers...🤔🥺
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    @gbwill48 hit the little star at the top right and turn it yellow and then it is easy to get back to.
    We are all trying to drink less in this challenge.
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    For me it is still morning, 9 am central time.
    You guys have been so chatty and I have felt so away that I couldn't find my starting point. I finally decided not to try to catch up but just jump back in.
    I'm not sure why I've been away. Maybe I needed it to let my brain rest by eliminating one of my "to-do's". Maybe it was easier to by-pass this group because that first day or two I had indulged a bit too much.
    But here is what I am really finding that I would like to share with you...…..after six months of sharing with you guys, and hearing your stories, I am finding the AF days MUCH easier. Finally!! LOL. I bought a bottle of wine last Friday...…...first time to stop on a Friday night at the liquor store for wine......it's been beer the last couple of years. I have had wine at the house in the past couple of months though, thanks to those wine parties …. but, I am really finding how much better I feel for not "jonesing" as my husband calls it, after needing that beer or glass of wine. I am making progress!! This group is the main reason!! Thank you!
    I am finally over my head cold. Not sure if I told you all, but we had our third death to deal with this week. My husband's brother's wife passed away. The house will be full of guests again. All before we leave on a 2 week vacation next week. I am strong, I will not be a whiner. Mostly, I will not be getting drunk this weekend!
    Have a great Thursday ya'all!
    Love ya,
    Teri

I'm just getting back into it as well! Happy to see you back! I am so sorry to hear about another passing, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! I am so glad to hear how this group has helped you, it makes me look forward to keeping it up in here again on my part. Its helped me as well, this last week I've been having more AF days. Seems to be every other day right now, which is better than it was before! Its progress nonetheless and now when I do drink I dont over do it anymore! Have fun on your cruise!
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    7/4 - AF
    7/5 - bad :(
    7/6 - kept to my goal of waiting till night time, however had more than I wanted. But better then the night before so thats good.
    7/7 - AF
    7/8 - 3 drinks
    7/9 - AF - YAY!
    7/10 - 3 drinks. The day started rough but got better. I enjoyed myself with my husband the rest of the day and we had a few drinks. It's not AF but it is progress for me! The urge to drink is subsiding, when I do it's a lot less, and I have more AF days a week this week than I had previously. It's all progress! The goal today is AF!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,551 Member
    Options
    Have a great Thursday ya'all!
    Love ya,
    Teri

o5vnd7dx7v6g.jpg
    We love you too Terri and so appreciate all you bring here to us! Congrats on your progress.
  • MissMay
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Welcome @gbwill48

Nice to hear from you too @looneycatblue

@dawnbgethealthy yeah that fake beer is expensive and has hidden calories. I personally am not a beer person if I do have a drink. I have tried Op'douls and it was not bad.

@beebva4 glad your day endedup on a good note.

@Anabirgite I can just see you like a mad scientist measuring away! Sounds very familiar. Good job this past weekend.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Well, yeah, the fake beer is more expensive than tap water, and has many more calories...but at least you can remember whatcha did the night before while consuming it, and your liver is happier.

What would we do without YOU @forestdweller1 ? Glad you are making mindful decisions on when and what to consume.
    Also I had a typo I wanted to write O'douls fake beer.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    It's Friday, I am on holiday's. My goal today is to be AF.