Less Alcohol - JULY 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue into July with a goal of 4-5 AF days per week. It is great to be able to check in here each day. Thank you for looking after us @MissMay : - )

May - 18 AF days
    June - 16 AF days - Really had to backload that one! It was nearing the end of the month and I was only at 12 AF days. Maybe going to try to get more in at the beginning of the month this time, so if invited for wine or a cocktail party with gfs later in the month I can actually go.

July 01 - AF
    July 02 - AF - Guess that I will start my tally at the bottom : - ) I realize now that 16AF days (4 per week) in a 31 day month is like having drinks every second day!
    July 03 - AF - Today was no problem to be AF, but yesterday was a long hard day and I really felt like kicking back and having a couple of drinks - I just didn't. I even bought some of that fake beer that I have heard some of you talking about (I got Grolsch) - but it didn't occur to me to go to the fridge and have it. I am not a beer drinker, so I guess that it wouldn't have really been a substitute for a brandy or a glass of red wine : - P
    July 04 - 3 drinks
    July 05 - AF
    July 06 - 3 drinks
    July 07 - AF
    July 08 - AF - Um, I saw Kombucha being made on a TV show, sorry y'all that like it, but whoa, ick! : - P
    July 09 - AF
    July 10 - AF - I had a nice steak for dinner and wanted a glass of Merlot or Cab with it, but didn't want to open a whole bottle (partially to prevent having drinks 2 days in a row) to have a glass or two. So I remembered the fake beer that I bought, the Grolsch and thought that might be a different thing to have. Firstly, it is 150 calories for one! I don't really drink beer anyway, but a light beer has like half of the calories of that. I figured maybe I would just drink half of it to save calories. Anyway, I poured out a bit in a glass and tasted it. Oh my, it was a Radler! I didn't like it, so didn't drink it. I may buy some more fake beer, but will be more careful at looking at the label. is there fake wine? Lol, I know that there can't be fake brandy, which is what I really prefer.
    July 11 - 3 drinks
    July 12 - AF - Had a fake beer, Labbatt Blue. It was actually pretty good. 50 calories, so it didn't break the bank. Mojitos planned for tomrrow, my mint is perfect in my garden. By this time last year I had many many Mojitos. This will be the first for this summer.
    July 13 - 3 drinks

Running total: 10 AF days out of 13 days so far.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,551 Member
    Options
    Time for a moment of self congratulation!
    Feeling pretty darned proud of myself!

You deserve to to be damned proud of yourself. Excellent self control @katiesmom_99 .

• MissMay
    Options
    I will attempt to make like a group recognition of everyone that has been posting.

So many goals achieved-

So many plans in the works-

So much self control-

You, I and they know who you are in each of these important accomplishments! BRAVO.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to continue into July with a goal of 4-5 AF days per week. It is great to be able to check in here each day. Thank you for looking after us @MissMay : - )

May - 18 AF days
    June - 16 AF days - Really had to backload that one! It was nearing the end of the month and I was only at 12 AF days. Maybe going to try to get more in at the beginning of the month this time, so if invited for wine or a cocktail party with gfs later in the month I can actually go.

July 01 - AF
    July 02 - AF - Guess that I will start my tally at the bottom : - ) I realize now that 16AF days (4 per week) in a 31 day month is like having drinks every second day!
    July 03 - AF - Today was no problem to be AF, but yesterday was a long hard day and I really felt like kicking back and having a couple of drinks - I just didn't. I even bought some of that fake beer that I have heard some of you talking about (I got Grolsch) - but it didn't occur to me to go to the fridge and have it. I am not a beer drinker, so I guess that it wouldn't have really been a substitute for a brandy or a glass of red wine : - P
    July 04 - 3 drinks
    July 05 - AF
    July 06 - 3 drinks
    July 07 - AF
    July 08 - AF - Um, I saw Kombucha being made on a TV show, sorry y'all that like it, but whoa, ick! : - P
    July 09 - AF
    July 10 - AF - I had a nice steak for dinner and wanted a glass of Merlot or Cab with it, but didn't want to open a whole bottle (partially to prevent having drinks 2 days in a row) to have a glass or two. So I remembered the fake beer that I bought, the Grolsch and thought that might be a different thing to have. Firstly, it is 150 calories for one! I don't really drink beer anyway, but a light beer has like half of the calories of that. I figured maybe I would just drink half of it to save calories. Anyway, I poured out a bit in a glass and tasted it. Oh my, it was a Radler! I didn't like it, so didn't drink it. I may buy some more fake beer, but will be more careful at looking at the label. is there fake wine? Lol, I know that there can't be fake brandy, which is what I really prefer.
    July 11 - 3 drinks
    July 12 - AF - Had a fake beer, Labbatt Blue. It was actually pretty good. 50 calories, so it didn't break the bank. Mojitos planned for tomrrow, my mint is perfect in my garden. By this time last year I had many many Mojitos. This will be the first for this summer.
    July 13 - 3 drinks - haven't had the mojitos with my own mint yet, maybe next weekend.
    July 14 - AF

Running total: 11 AF days out of 14 days so far.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in. I did drink both Saturday and yesterday, but I spaced them out and did pretty well with it. My next goal is to be AF through the rest of July. We're going to the beach early August, and I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll be AF. I'm thinking I will. I never drink as much on vacation as I do at home because it's a different environment so my guard is up more. I'm definitely looking forward to a trip away!
  • MissMay
    Options
    pennyks88 wrote: »
    By the way, I love how supportive everyone in this thread is. No one ever makes you feel bad or guilty for having some drinks. We just pick ourselves up and keep going! I'm grateful for you all. :smile:

Thank you @pennyks88. Ironically the only people we are hard on, is ourselves.

Glad you are finding some techniques to throw in between your drinks. Spacing, water, what ever works.☺
  • MissMay
    Options
    🍒🌰🍒🌰🍒🌰🍒🌰 LOVE THIS IDEA @globalhiker.
    Best of luck on your goal process.
    Can't wait to hear how it works put for you.
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    July 14, 2019 12:13PM
    7/4 - AF
    7/5 - bad :(
    7/6 - kept to my goal of waiting till night time, however had more than I wanted. But better then the night before so thats good.
    7/7 - AF
    7/8 - 3 drinks
    7/9 - AF - YAY! :)
    7/10 - 1 small drink
    7/11 - drank
    7/12 - drank
    7/13 - AF
    7/14 - AF - man did it feel good going af for TWO days! I can't remember last time I did that! I feel good, I didnt even feel like or think of wanting anything yesterday. I'll be keeping it up today going AF!

Now to just get down the snacking habit :s
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May - 18 AF days

July 01 - AF
    July 04 - 3 drinks
    July 05 - AF
    July 06 - 3 drinks
    July 07 - AF
    July 09 - AF
    July 11 - 3 drinks
    July 13 - 3 drinks - haven't had the mojitos with my own mint yet, maybe next weekend.
    July 14 - AF
    July 15 - AF

Running total: 11 AF days out of 15 days so far.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy you are doing so well with having 11 days AF in over the past 2 weeks.
    You have come a long way since October 2018 when you confided you were having drinks every night.
    Very inspiring.
  • beebva4
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @beebva4 way to go! Woot woot confetti, balloons and yes a juggler 🤹‍♀️ for you.
    The snacking habit will drift off to. It is your body saying HEY WHAT ABOUT SOME THING TO REPLACE THE BOOZE? Ya just have to slap that voice now and then. Lol

Must be! I need to pound back some more water during the day and hopefully that'll help curb the munchies! 😆
  • beebva4
    edited July 2019
    Options
    July 15, 2019 2:02PM
    July 14, 2019 12:13PM
    7/4 - AF
    7/5 - bad :(
    7/6 - kept to my goal of waiting till night time, however had more than I wanted. But better then the night before so thats good.
    7/7 - AF
    7/8 - 3 drinks
    7/9 - AF - YAY! :)
    7/10 - 1 small drink
    7/11 - drank
    7/12 - drank
    7/13 - AF
    7/14 - AF - man did it feel good going af for TWO days! I can't remember last time I did that! I feel good, I didnt even feel like or think of wanting anything yesterday. I'll be keeping it up today going AF!
    7/15 - AF

Feeling pretty darn good and proud of myself! My husband has ONE beer last night since he got a new craft beer he wanted to try, he only had one which is good. But I still managed to go AF! I'm really enjoying this streak and I plan to keep it up all this week. Time to start planning how to handle the weekend 🤔 any tips?!