July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    zamirasoni wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the welcoming @kgirlhart @bride001 <3 . Short story for my introduction. I recently got kick out of my running team. I was just not running enough. I gained about 30 lbs from my last half marathon and the extra weight takes a huge toll in your joints. So, I started slow and my plan was to increase my mileage and my knees felt better. So, my friends moved on to full marathon training and I'm just not on the right physical condition at this time :( It made me sad, not be a runner on their eyes.

That's awful! You will find that this group is very supportive. There are runners from every level in this group, from those just starting c25k to those running marathons and ultras. I've only been running about 2.5 years and have done a few HMs. I've learned a lot from this group.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    zamirasoni wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the welcoming @kgirlhart @bride001 <3 . Short story for my introduction. I recently got kick out of my running team. I was just not running enough. I gained about 30 lbs from my last half marathon and the extra weight takes a huge toll in your joints. So, I started slow and my plan was to increase my mileage and my knees felt better. So, my friends moved on to full marathon training and I'm just not on the right physical condition at this time :( It made me sad, not be a runner on their eyes.

Bad news: you ARE a real runner, despite what those former running companions might think.
    Welcome to the challenge!!

Yep. You are a runner if you run unless you find dead bodies, then you are a jogger, and we want to stay away from wherever you are jogging! :smiley:

Yep, what he said! Welcome @zamirasoni and other newbies. This group is the best group ever!
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome group!! <3<3<3
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    7/2/19-2.98
    7/3/19-3.00

exercise.png

Progress so far!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Oh wow @Elise4270 I'm so jealous about you seeing tarantulas in the wild. That is very cool. Also, I'm only seeing eight legs - where you have two marked close together on the left hand side, I only see one, but perhaps that's just me looking in my phone.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Mari33a haha! I like critters. They are better than bears or lions or anything else that might eat me. We have mt lions, but they don't bother people. Oh there are gaters in the lake now at texoma. I'll pass there. Take a tarantula any day.
    And doc update.
    Saw PA
    Warning for the squeamish. X-ray. @Avidkeo
    nqrsu505fyai.jpg
    Horrible photo of the computer screen. But it's noticably healed some since the last visit. Hooray!!!

Think I'll use the tm daily for about half a mile rather than trying to pile on the miles and regret it for a week. Leg is cranky today after yesterday's walk.

Woooo hooooo yeah looking really good!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I took advantage of another storm system blowing through and ran outside this afternoon. Got a little wind and some cloud cover which helped to make the temps a bit more tolerable. It was really nice to get off the treadmill for a day!

On the home front, we got a dishwasher ordered but of course it won't be here for 2 weeks. I wanted one to match our fridge and they didn't have it in stock. Luckily my in-laws live behind us so we can use their dishwasher and not be stuck hand washing dishes for 2 weeks. I know, I know, serious first world problems!!

7/1: 3.5 miles
    7/3: 3 miles

July total: 6.5 miles
    July goal: 66 miles

2019 Races:

Piney Woods Trailfest 5k - 2/2/2019 29.23
    Rodeo Run 10k - 2/23/2019 1:03.12
    Run Houston! Minute Maid Park 10k - 3/23/2019 1:01.28
    Brazos Bend 50 10k - 4/6/2019 1:15:33
    El Chupacabra de Houston 10k (night trail run) - 8/2019
    TWRC Run Wild Run Free 5k - 9/2019
    10 for Texas 10 Miler - 10/2019 registered
    Wine and Dine half marathon - 11/3/2019 registered

Run the Year 2019 - Team Five for Nineteen
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome @zamirasoni! I have a friend who started running a few years ago, she decided to train for a marathon, had a terrible experience but kept with it even though she thought she really couldn't and wasn't a 'real' runner. This last year she ran the Berlin Marathon and the Boston Marathon! Anything is possible! You are a real runner and you can do it - you never know you may end up surprising yourself!

@Elise4270 - I am no medical professional but your x-ray looks awesome to me! What a big difference! It is great to actually see it healing so well!

@girlinahat - you need to get to a dryer area to see tarantulas. My cousin in AZ had them as 'pets', not really pets but they lived around his house outside and he protected them. We would be sitting outside and they would come out and wander around. Pretty cool actually and I really don't like spiders.

No run for me today. Too many life issues and adulting requirements to allow for an early run with the pup before it got too hot. I will make up the scheduled run on my training plan tomorrow.