Women 200lb+, Let's Aim High This July!!!

Options

Replies

• ashleyn4489
    ashleyn4489 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sw: 240 cw: 220 gw: 150 my goal in a month or two is 211. I don't have opportunity to exercise as much as I like so I'm making the best of it. And working on my bad habits
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    SW- 293 July 1st
    CW-293 (I'm only going to weigh myself once a month so I don't get discouraged)
    GW-199

Hello, I'm really hoping someone can offer me a bit of advice because I've been struggling. I have been on a 30 carb keto diet since July 1st, and have not had a single cheat, but the carb cravings have never gone away. Sometimes i lay in bed for hours, simply fantasizing about cereal. When i first started this diet, I was told the cravings would go away after 2-3 days, but it's been 22 days and they seem to be getting worse. I've been losing weight on this diet (i'm not weighing myself for the first time until aug. 1st) and I know this because my clothes are all too big now, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I made my diary public if anyone wants to take a look.

Please help!

When I get a craving I eat it (but a small amount). I’d recommend getting up and having 1/4 cup of cereal with 1/4 cup of almond or low fat milk and be done with it. Your body could be craving a nutrient. I focus on calories, slight redux in carbs and try to reduce sugar. You should find an eating habit that works for you longer term....my 2c.

• HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    SW- 293 July 1st
    CW-293 (I'm only going to weigh myself once a month so I don't get discouraged)
    GW-199

Hello, I'm really hoping someone can offer me a bit of advice because I've been struggling. I have been on a 30 carb keto diet since July 1st, and have not had a single cheat, but the carb cravings have never gone away. Sometimes i lay in bed for hours, simply fantasizing about cereal. When i first started this diet, I was told the cravings would go away after 2-3 days, but it's been 22 days and they seem to be getting worse. I've been losing weight on this diet (i'm not weighing myself for the first time until aug. 1st) and I know this because my clothes are all too big now, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I made my diary public if anyone wants to take a look.

Please help!

Do you check your ketones? If my carbs are too low, my ketones go up to “seek medical attention” levels and all I think about is bread ;-). For me, I need to be between 50-80 carbs to maintain the right level of ketones.

I’m inadvertently keto, though. A recent bout of strep and pneumonia threw my system completely out of whack and my blood glucose went from fine to crazy within a couple days. Apparently the carb level my body needs for blood glucose stabilization is keto. However, since my carb level is a bit higher to maintain a safe level of ketones, I can have a slice of toast now and then because veggies aren’t always enough to hit my 50 carb minimum!

• OneSourApple
    OneSourApple Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    natmadc wrote: »
    So I weighed in this morning at 199.4! Have not seen a "1" anything in a while! But as we all know the first time usually doesn't stick , meaning Ill probably see between 199-202 for the next couple of weeks. Can't wait until I am well into the 1's.

But I am happy to see it nonetheless.

Woo Hooo... Congrats!
  • Mouse816
    Mouse816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How do I get involved for August!!!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    For the final comments just above, we've been rolling forward each month - the group leader will post in this thread what the new month is named so you can search for it.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there brave, inspiring ladies!!! I plan to post on a regular basis, to keep myself motivated. Congratulations to all of you for even starting this journey, whether the victories are small or large.
    I haven't seen the '1' in so long. How great it would be to see that 199! But baby steps . . .
    HW: 295
    CW: 265
    GW: 170
  • finngirl61
    Options
    Do I need to request to join?
  • Mouse816
    Mouse816 Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    If anyone has an apple watch - let's connect for challenges!! Mouse816
  • Lbalyk
    Lbalyk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I am a bit late to the crowd but loving everyone's comment and trying to add as much support as possible so i thought I would add my info as well :)

starting weight: 279lb
    current weight: 233.5lb
    goal weight: 199lb

July Goals:
    stick to my meal plan
    log all food
    5lb loss goal
  • finngirl61
    Options
    Let's keep motivated ladies! Would be great to start August on a high note! 👍👍
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ♥️🧡💛 Hello, everyone! I just posted our group for next month and it's called

Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Feel free to finish up July here. See ya soon!! 💛🧡♥️
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    SW: 285
    CW: 269.2
    GW: 185

Goals for the month of July:
    Log every day - including water!
    Get minimum 10,000 steps a day
    Lose 10 lbs

Restarted MFP 30 days ago after a break of 14 months where I gained 50 pounds. Sigh... Further proof to stick with it if you want to meet your goals.

So here we are not quite at the end of July and how did I do?

Log every day - Nailed it! - 100% of goal
    Including Water: logged water 24 out of 29 days. 83% of goal
    Get minimum 10,000 steps a day - 19 out of 29 days. 65 % of goal
    6.5 lbs lost - 65% of goal
    Average score: 77%

Overall a good month, but there is definitely room for improvement!
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    SW 212.6
    CW 210.0
    GW 150.0

Here's to hoping July is better than June. I did manage to lose 2.6lbs, but I felt like the whole month was me losing the same 3-5lbs over and over again. I did, however, start a 30 day body weight challenge and am on day 4. I'm sore as heck (and think that might be part of the reason why I've "gained" 3lbs in as many days).

Goals for the Month:

Exercise 5 days a week
    Stop snacking
    Lose 5lbs

Well, I exercised for a little more than half the month. I stopped using the treadmill for a bit cause I got lazy. I've done well weight wise and am currently down 3.2lbs this month, but I have a feeling I'll get to the 205.0 mark to whilst my goal for this month by the 31st. Today I started the keto thing. I've got all meals planned and almost all logged for the next 2 weeks (except weekends. Weekends are hard) I've tried keto in the past and did sorta okay with it but I didn't try too hard. I told myself I'd give it 2 weeks and see how I do and go from there. I know 2 weeks isn't enough time to see much of a difference, but Itll give me a sense if I want to try this long term or not. I plan on keeping up the treadmill use too. Hopefully that will give me a boost. Feel free to add me! I'll see ya in thales august group!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    SW: 285
    CW: 269.2
    GW: 185

Goals for the month of July:
    Log every day - including water!
    Get minimum 10,000 steps a day
    Lose 10 lbs

Restarted MFP 30 days ago after a break of 14 months where I gained 50 pounds. Sigh... Further proof to stick with it if you want to meet your goals.

So here we are not quite at the end of July and how did I do?

Log every day - Nailed it! - 100% of goal
    Including Water: logged water 24 out of 29 days. 83% of goal
    Get minimum 10,000 steps a day - 19 out of 29 days. 65 % of goal
    6.5 lbs lost - 65% of goal
    Average score: 77%

Overall a good month, but there is definitely room for improvement!

Great work for July and I love the percentages idea. I might have to steal this!