Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Viv UK <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nana_Anne – caring for others can take a toll on is. Taking care of ourselves is essential. The hard times always seem to come in groups. One step at a time.

Souchie – welcome! There are some wonderful ladies on here, and it seems people are at different places regarding weight loss. The nicest part is that we are at similar life stages.

TucsonJane -I know what you mean about lumpy/bumpy. I thought at my age (64) that wouldn’t improve regardless of weight. Glad to say, I am noticing a difference.

Carleecat1221 -desk job and not being 25 anymore are my biggest challenges.

Scale good to me this am- hit 145, my first goal. Since I did maintenance for a couple of weeks earlier this month while on vacation, I set new goal of 140. It only makes a 20 calorie difference, so it is worth the try. Will keep activity the same because it is doable for me. While my body definitely feels and looks better, mid section is not comfortable. Since the 17 since March came off at about .6 a week average, there is still some body fat there I can live without. And if it is too much of a struggle, I can stay right where I am. See my internist next month so we will see what blood numbers are and get his thoughts on weight. He is really a very thorough doc so I value his opinion.

Have a good Monday all.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,001 Member
    Options
    Pilates this morning ... we're focusing on my triceps, shoulders and hamstrings!!

An hour of walking ... half outside, half inside.

And just 4 flights of stairs.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    up, showered, had tea, watched joyce, fed the dog. and will work 10-5 today and then have the next 2 days off.
    over indulged this weekend and it shows on the scale but no worries gonna lay low today and have some celery and almond butter and zero water mixed with water..
    I feel much better got my place cleaned up and it doesn't look to bad right now lol
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa's Comment ~ "Men tend to compartmentalize each task as a separate job. Women see things more as a whole."

That was very thought provoking! I can totally see how that applies to my husband and myself.

Carol in GA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,761 Member
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD ... Hello! Always makes me happy to see your posts!

New Ladies ... Welcome! Following Kelly's lead ... I am 57 years old, married (35 years in August), two sons (32 year old who is physically disabled and 21 year old in school pursuing his dream in Nashville), and work part-time. Originally lost 80 pounds, then gained 44 back, recently lost 28 of the 44, need to lose 60 more. I'm hearing impaired (profoundly) trying to acclimate to hearing aides so I can get ready for a cochlear implant. It isn't going well. I am an intermittent faster. I fast at least 19 hours every day and then try to eat healthy in a 5 hour window. I have lost 28 pounds since the beginning of the year with this lifestyle change and love it. My main form of exercise is the treadmill and kettle bells.

Kelly ... I ate vegetables yesterday and my gut was so happy!! It was a great re-set to what I hope will be a successful week.

My oldest has now been in a "certified" housing arrangement for over three months and it has not been a good fit so far. Many, many issues that qualify as negligence. We are meeting with officials who operate the house this week. I am hoping they actually hear our concerns and make tangible efforts to remedy deficiencies. As communication has been poor thus far and that which we've received has been lip service, we shall see. In the meantime, I'm readying our house in the event our son needs to come home. Having lived independently for 8 years prior to this current arrangement and knowing his desired activity level, moving home is an emergency option only.

Beth near Buffalo ... where it is 62 degrees this morning! Yay!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,379 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! Here's to a great week!! <3

Kelly - I dreamed about your haircut! B) The details are fading fast but I think I was there with you. Being with girlfriends & shopping or spa time is so very enjoyable and I haven't done that in years. So it was fun being with you, lol. I think the stylist took one look at my curly frizz and said "no hope". Sounds like a great time with Lauren and family, so glad you and Joaquin were able to spend time together.

Lisa - my hair used to be short as yours is in the photo you posted. Loved it, it was wash n wear. Out of the shower and it would dry on the way to work. These days I want it more like Carol's, a little fuller around my face. Draw attention away from my turkey neck. :pLisa - great to have Corey home. Congrats on both of you for stopping the smoking!

Barbara AHMOD
    - so tickled to see you back here! All is well! We were getting concerned, you know. I've used the "dump garbage in receptacles around town" scheme before. When our fridge/freezer died a few years ago, I had a laundry basket full of stuff, mainly meat and fish and things I couldn't compost. So I stuffed everything in small bags and made an early morning trip to Walmart, the strip mall, you name it. I still do this during warm weather when I have shrimp or crab shells and no room for them in the big freezer until garbage pickup day. All of those plastic Walmart and Safeway sacks come in handy, lol. They still haven't banned them here.

Heather
    - I'm excited for you to attend your class reunion. When was the last one you attended? I missed mine which was this past Saturday, but folks are starting to post photos on Facebook. So far I've recognized everyone. :D I attended my 30th, this one was my 50th. We've lost many classmates since then. And I'd be anxious too trying to pack for a trip with company around, I don't do well with distractions like that. Good luck!

Welcome to the new folks here! Keep posting, keep reading. We talk about everything here it seems, avoiding politics and religion. Don't feel you have to respond to everyone, by the way.

That's it for now. Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette
    Sunny & cool (48f) SW WA State - we'll probably see the mid 80's by late afternoon. I need to start watering a few things. B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lisa AR- Same here I don’t friend on Social stuff or in real life anymore (burnt too many times by that) y MFP my only Social anything.

Hi newcomers Summer wave 👋 🌊 .
    Starter Weight 195
    CW 166.4
    Daughter in Navy,2yr old Son (Post Menopause Baby 👶),y raised kids that aren’t mine biologically so 9 total in the whole of things.
    Just working on mobility after a placental abruption that was described as looking like a bomb went off on me as they fixed intestines to bladder. If I get some of my old figure back Wooohooo if not of well part of getting old! I don’t dye me hair or use unnatural products well not into anything beauty productish. Still need to use the last facemask I stupidly bought on a whim but the thought of it on my face making me drag my feet 🦶.

Not sure what to eat today but I need to use up my squash.

Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I quit smoking 10 years ago using Champix. I never had any side effects to it except everyone around me noticed how much happier I was. Turns out one of the active ingredients in it is the same as in an anti-depressant that worked well for me three years later when I needed it.

I don’t multitask as well now as I used to. I’ve read some studies saying that it’s not the best way to do things and your way is more efficient.

Ginny - you are doing so well! Hard work and dedication pays off!

I know there was more but I can’t remember.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    Options
    Lisa what I notice in my DH is that for him to find something in the refrigerator it has to be right where he sees it. If it get buried in the back or is behind something he cannot find it.

Your other assessment is spot on. He loves to correct me too when I do not give him explicit enough directions. It used to drive me crazy. I have learned to ignore his comments or sometimes I do give him step by step instructions. The teacher in me helps with that too. You are sooo correct about the mutli-tasking.

If I have many things to keep track of at once I do talk to myself out loud to keep what I have to do straight. That is one of my clues that I have too much to do and need to prioritize.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    TucsonJane wrote: »
    I'm 52 and just saw this group. I only really look sporadically at group posts, but I'd welcome friend requests from other ladies. I'm in Arizona, I work in a hospital lab, love tribal fusion belly dancing, have a husband, two grown kids (no grandkids), and three cats (maybe four very soon).

I started this on June 7 and I've lost 8 pounds so far. I'm motivated by a desire to have my clothes fit better, have smoother curves (as opposed to lumpy/bumpy), and have less pain in my back and knees. My tendency to obsess over numbers makes food logging an effective way to attain my goals! lol

I work in hospital lab too! Well, I did until I decide I wanted to teach in an MLT program. Congrats on the first 8 pounds and welcome to the group!!

Connie in KY

my kirby works as a pharmacy tech at virginia mason hospital in seattle, did you guys ever know that? oh well, u do now
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    ws3orj20uksp.jpeg

Got new item organic Peekaboo ice cream supposed to have vegetables in it.
    Chocolate/cauliflower 230calories
    Vanilla/Zucchini 190calories
    Cotton Candy/Beets 200calories
    Mint Chocolate Chip/Spinach 270calories
    Strawberry/Carrots 170calories
    $10 for a small carton online 14oz approx if ordered online from the company.
    Not in store at my Walmart yet,but hopefully soon it will be.

Until then sticking to my sugar free fudgsicle 40cal to healthy choice fudge pops 100cal.

To homemake your own sugar free Jello pudding pops :
    Can use off brands of Jello sugar free pudding any flavor to unsweetened almond milk (30cal )- Can make pops as low as 60calories .
    I’m using Hill Country Fair 30cal fat free/sugar free pudding mix with 30cal unsweetened almond milk. I

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,001 Member
    Options
    For dessert, we go with these:

33xjjlyymv1p.png

Nutrition Information
    Servings per package: 10
    Serving size: 64g
    Nutrition Avg Qty Per Serving
    Energy 396kJ

396 kJ is 94.6 calories.

I used to go with Skinny Cow, and will occasionally do that if they're on sale at a really good price, but these are nice and they go on sale with much more frequency than Skinny Cow products. :)

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Instead of hot yoga I’m sitting at hot DMV, also known as waiting at the dmv with no ac to get the New York enhanced license! Or “sweating with the oldies” ;) Oh joy, lucky me!

After that, Grocery shopping and clean up day around the house but will really focus on my closet, purging some old things. Last but most important, the gym for a cardio in glorious air conditioning

NYKAREN
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Our last funeral guests left this morning. I find myself unprepared for my diet today. No chicken thawed and no overnight oatmeal. It's harder to get back on the wagon than I thought. I ought to at least make my calorie limit today and then tomorrow go back to making protein and fiber minimums too. This is such a good program, it really helps me to know the fiber and protein. Otherwise I eat blindly and run out of calories but still hungry.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Annie - 11monutes frozen chicken in the microwave on a plate with high sides or bowl defrosts it for cooking or put it in an ice bath for 20-30minutes on your counter longer if bigger piece. I got a 2yr old happens daily for me lol Oh yeah my sugar free pudding I forgot that 2 cups divided into 4servings rule so with unsweetened almond milk is 45calories per serving.
    I had a box of skinny cow 🐄 but ate it all with Daughter y my Dad. The Halo 😇 brand wasn’t as great as hoped but their peanut butter ones a great treat was the only flavor I liked out of 3 types bought.
    Hubby has the popsicle sugarfree fruit pops with fruit pieces in it 40calories instead of his usual Mexico Brand

Amber Tx