WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    ws3orj20uksp.jpeg

Got new item organic Peekaboo ice cream supposed to have vegetables in it.
    Chocolate/cauliflower 230calories
    Vanilla/Zucchini 190calories
    Cotton Candy/Beets 200calories
    Mint Chocolate Chip/Spinach 270calories
    Strawberry/Carrots 170calories
    $10 for a small carton online 14oz approx if ordered online from the company.
    Not in store at my Walmart yet,but hopefully soon it will be.

Amber Tx

Veggies in ice cream ... No. No. No. Just sayin' ....
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    From reading the reviews, plain pea protein does taste vaguely like peas. But I use a vanilla flavored brand from Bob's Red Mill which tastes good to me. It's sweetened with monkfruit.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday from cooler Nebraska. This 70's I enjoy. Yesterday we went to Kansas to see DH's sister and I was so upset. They are not following the hospice nurse and she is so weak and confused. It's not going to be an easy death and the family is believing she will get better. I feel so bad for DH but done all we can. I did call the hospice nurse this morning and ask what they can do. Please keep them in prayer.

Shop says our car should be done Thursday or Friday. It has been 3 weeks today. Guess once they opened the hood they found a lot more damage and part of the deer. I could of done without hearing that.

Viv--congrates on your winnings and I hope you find a design that you really really like.

Katla--Happy B-lated birthday. Your ideas for your gift from DD sounds like what I tell my family.

Rebecca--I understand how you feel about your sister, glad to know that you can vent here. I like to watch funny things on TV.

Evelyn--Beautiful blanket, what a great gift.

Jac--Welcome to this great group. Lots of support and freindship here.

Welcome to all the new ladies, glad to have you with us.

Kelly--Sounds like you had a great family visit and lots of memories. Haircut looks really nice.

I am up to page 72 and done for today. Have a meeting after work and my stress is getting the best to me.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I didn’t know that Kirby is a Pharmacy Tech at a hospital. My childhood neighbor’s dad was also a pharmacy tech. I hold the profession in high regard. :star:

Kate UK: Lovely dress! :smiley:

Rita: Congratulations on your new clothing size! 8/9 is awesome!!! :flowerforyou:

I have picked and blanched a bunch of beans today and they’re in the freezer at this very minute. I freeze them flat on waxed butcher paper. When they’re frozen I’ll put them in freezer bags. Blueberries are coming next.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    Just got a call ftom Customer Care at Tesco, the big supermarket where I bought the cheese that caused my allergic reaction and emergency ambulance admission.
    They are having difficulty tracing the complaint. :#:#:# The manager of the store is going to call me tomorrow. I am not looking for compensation, but I want to know the result of the testing of the cheese I returned to the store and I want to protect further customers.
    I do know, from my own Internet research that the rind is sprayed with histamines and a uni in the USA is using it in their research because it is so high in histamines. The labelling on the back which says the rind is not edible is far too small. I just wonder whether mine was a rogue batch with a gun ho sprayer!
    Anyway, it's good they are now paying attention after my emails.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ I wasn't my dress. It was Kate in UK! :) I haven't sewn in years.

Karen in VA ~ I guess my Singer is a Featherweight. I really don't remember.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Kate UK love the dress!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Pip: I didn’t know that Kirby is a Pharmacy Tech at a hospital. My childhood neighbor’s dad was also a pharmacy tech. I hold the profession in high regard. :star:

Rita: Congratulations on your new clothing size! 8/9 is awesome!!! :flowerforyou:

I have picked and blanched beans today and they’re in the freezer at this very minute. I freeze them flat on waxed butcher paper. When they’re frozen I’ll put them in freezer bags. Blue berries are coming next.

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I put bread crumbs in air fryer no spray or oil for 5-7min instant Croutons healthier than store bought can use any bread . Made a salad 🥗 no dressing.Where the bread crumbs come from? JRs Peanut Butter Sandwich crusts Lol found a use for them.I record it as toasted bread cause nothing’s added it’s toasted to a crisp!

Red Onion y Red Potatoe 350*-355* for 40-60min in a stove covered in garlic salt,sea salt,pepper,y garlic butter.

Steak 🥩 4oz a treat for myself just pepper y lemon juice in the steamer.

Served with 4oz tea y water
    re8e3gas6746.jpg

Annie- Yeah I got to to’s in the fridge for the emotionally drained days.Sometimes some simple Bag if steamable broccoli 🥦 to peanut butter y breads a life saver. Just heal from the funeral one off day won’t be so bad diet wise.Grab something easy to make log it in.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

I have picked and blanched a bunch of beans today and they’re in the freezer at this very minute. I freeze them flat on waxed butcher paper. When they’re frozen I’ll put them in freezer bags. Blueberries are coming next.

When I first met him, he wouldn’t gimme any of the cool drugs that he had (and still has) access to, he’s too honest. Oh well I tried
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Janet ~ I wasn't my dress. It was Kate in UK! :) I haven't sewn in years.

Karen in VA ~ I guess my Singer is a Featherweight. I really don't remember.

Carol in GA

My apologies Carol, I started out to tell you I loved your hair cut, and realized I had already done so. I knew it was Kate's dress but failed to change the name. Duh, sorry.

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Kate Uk- love that dress would love a dress with pockets!!!
    Heather- is that Johnny? He is such a good sport those children just love you both to pieces..
    I am home and in jammies and have a nice thunderstorm going on. I'm all.tucked in and enjoying it with the pooch.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather OMG your husband is the best! LOL!!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the comments on my NSV ladies.

Do any of you remember the “pinch an inch” add campaign? I’m working towards that but not by eating Special K lol.

Funny how in 2010 a company promoting a sugary snack tried to disclaim the pinch an inch:
    Seems like our bodies belong to add companies and conflicting info through media confuses everyone! No wonder the obesity rate worldwide is climbing!

RV Rita
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    2mpyno7kz2gu.jpeg

RV Rita - Lol we started Special K because it was better than what we were on lol 😂. I like the different flavors.Will call it SK while I type lol 😂.

Pinch an Inch I forgot how ridiculous commercials were ...oh they still are NVM lol
    .My tummy more a pinch a few feet my butt too lol.Having kids have made my feet disappear permanently lol. Even after loosing 28.6 lbs so far the weight coming off everywhere but my tummy y butt. Lol maybe it’s genetics 🧬 going to blame genetics 🧬 let me float down that river of denial or is it the Nile.
    r3b0mw62t2qy.jpg
    Yes that’s my stomach weird shape but it’s a stomach.

SK vanilla almond, cinnamon pecan, chocolatey Delight , Red Berries (strawberry) 140,150,160,170cal we got 1 of each calorie. Red Berries is the 140calorie but the others taste better.
    buyo3cn020m3.jpg
    Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    Katla - what a lovely surprise! I used to go to the demolition derby’s all the time when I was younger and before we moved to Alberta. What great memories.

Kate - Love the dress!

Rita - you look amazing! That must feel so nice! Hope you get things fixed soon though!

On page 74 need to come back
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.14min, 15amph, 150mhr, 1.55mi= 78c
    apple watch- 61c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 50.31min, 14.6amph, 150mhr, 12.32mi= 539c
    apple watch- 451c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.17min, 144mhr, 10.37min mi, .49mi= 68c
    apple watch- 56c