Lose 5lbs + in July 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'3", 58 years old
    I will be weighing daily, it keeps me accountable and motivated and shows trends
    Starting weight October 28.18 - 191
    July goal (since I hit 160 3 times in June) is 155
    Ultimate goal 115

July 01 - 163.1 - Still up from eating ribs in June, I will have to lay off those for at least a few months
    July 02 - 165.6 - !!! that is more than I was at the beginning of June. Hopefully just a blip.
    July 03 - 162.0
    July 04 - 160.8

Running loss/gain: Loss - 2.3

Phew that blip came off. Whatever you are doing is working. Keep at it! 💪🏻👍🏻
  • kahthompson1
    kahthompson1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am in, came close in June , lost 4.6 so let's see if I can do it in July

Staring July's weight is 241.2
    July's goal weight is 235
    Actual July's is
    Total weight is
  • jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Back again for another month. I have 2 months left before I turn 40 (aaaggghhh) years old. This month I have officially been on here a year and thought I would have met my goal and crushed it already, lol. I'm close, but have not hit it yet. I have also changed it and lowered it a couple of times so that may be the reason too. Good luck everyone! Let's make July a good one!

Original starting weight - 178
    June Ending Weight - 145.9
    July goal - 143.9
    Ultimate goal - 138

1st - 146.3 bump up on a Monday. Fully expected!
    4th- 145.9 a little bit down from last week
    11th -
    18th -
    25th -
    31st -
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    June 30 starting weight - 148.2 (ten-day rolling average weight 145.5)
    June goal - 143
    Ultimate goal - Range between 142 - 148

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight).

June 30 - 148.2 (145.5)
    July 7 -
    July 14 -
    July 21 -
    July 28 -

Total loss for July: June wasn't a good month. Halfway into the first week of July, I have lost a tiny bit. I will have to estimate a July 14 weight from a before-after because I won't be near a scale that day. I'm at the very top of my maintenance range, and I don't like that. I have sort of updated my goals, and I've expanded my maintenance range to 140-150, so that gives me a little room. I'm still trying to dial in the best maintenance range, and my original goal may have not been sustainable. We'll see. I have YEARS to keep trying this, right?

That’s right. We have to remember and accept that this is a lifetime commitment. It’s not just a diet to reach goals it’s a lifetime of healthy eating and staying active. You are doing so well. It’s great to know that there is no rush in finding and setting our maintenance range. Keep at it and you will find where you are happy.
  • djsl5
    djsl5 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Original starting weight - 155
    July starting weight - 143
    July goal - 138
    Ultimate goal - 135

1st - 143
    7th-
    14th -
    21st -
    28th -

Total loss for July -
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,260 Member
    Options
    69 years old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion... :D...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.

Heaviest: 192.2
    July GW: 139.0
    UGW: 132.2

07/01 - 140.4 at 6:30 a.m.
    07/08 -
    07/15 -
    07/22 -
    07/29 -
    07/31 -

Chris
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hi, first time doing a challenge with MFP. I started several years ago, actually gained weight instead of losing and quit after several months. I'm back, again trying to reverse the numbers. I was at the highest ever when I started June 3rd. I am almost 54 and really struggling to lose anything. Of course, as a full-time grad student, I also spend a LOT of time sitting, doing research, reading and writing my papers. Still trying to figure out how to get meaningful exercise in beyond walking the dog (which is more like a stop, sniff and pee fest).

Original starting weight - 185
    July starting weight - 181
    July goal - 175
    Ultimate goal - 145

1st - 181
    7th-
    14th -
    21st -
    28th -

Total loss for July -

Welcome! You’ve got this. Maybe you can start off with some small changes each day. Begin with drinking enough water each day, get a full 8 hours of sleep at night. Get in 30 minute walks each day without the pooch so you don’t have to stop then take the pooch out for a cool down. Make sure your nutrition in where it needs to be as it’s the most important factor in weight loss. Weight loss = 80% nutrition/20% exercise. Each day make a small change. Until you get onto a normal daily routine that works for you and your schedule.

Also practice NEAT each day . (Non-exercise activity thermogenesis)

1c3sacxuiwgm.jpeg

Here are a couple of articles about it....

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/breakingmuscle.com/amp/fitness/its-not-your-metabolism-its-your-neat-thats-stopping-your-fat-loss

http://www.fspirvine.com/10-easy-ways-to-increase-your-neat/
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    63 years old; 5’7” tall
    Original starting weight 2015 -236
    Starting Weight June, 2018 - 219.4
    July 2019 starting weight - 186.6
    July goal - 182.6
    Ultimate goal - 170 for now

1st - 186.6
    5th - 185.6
    12th -
    19th -
    26th -

Total loss for July -1 lb.
    Have a great week everyone!! We can do this!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'3", 58 years old
    I will be weighing daily, it keeps me accountable and motivated and shows trends
    Starting weight October 28.18 - 191
    July goal (since I hit 160 3 times in June) is 155
    Ultimate goal 115

July 01 - 163.1 - Still up from eating ribs in June, I will have to lay off those for at least a few months
    July 02 - 165.6 - !!! that is more than I was at the beginning of June. Hopefully just a blip.
    July 03 - 162.0
    July 04 - 160.8
    July 05 - 162.5 - oh well, 25 more days to hopefully get out of the 160s

Running loss/gain: Loss - 0.6
  • secotton13
    secotton13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 213
    July starting weight - 213
    July goal -200
    Ultimate goal - 160

5th - 213
    7th-
    14th -
    21st -
    28th -
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    Options
    Hi, first time doing a challenge with MFP. I started several years ago, actually gained weight instead of losing and quit after several months. I'm back, again trying to reverse the numbers. I was at the highest ever when I started June 3rd. I am almost 54 and really struggling to lose anything. Of course, as a full-time grad student, I also spend a LOT of time sitting, doing research, reading and writing my papers. Still trying to figure out how to get meaningful exercise in beyond walking the dog (which is more like a stop, sniff and pee fest).

Original starting weight - 185
    July starting weight - 181
    July goal - 175
    Ultimate goal - 145

1st - 181
    7th-
    14th -
    21st -
    28th -

Total loss for July -

Welcome! You’ve got this. Maybe you can start off with some small changes each day. Begin with drinking enough water each day, get a full 8 hours of sleep at night. Get in 30 minute walks each day without the pooch so you don’t have to stop then take the pooch out for a cool down. Make sure your nutrition in where it needs to be as it’s the most important factor in weight loss. Weight loss = 80% nutrition/20% exercise. Each day make a small change. Until you get onto a normal daily routine that works for you and your schedule.

Also practice NEAT each day . (Non-exercise activity thermogenesis)

1c3sacxuiwgm.jpeg

Here are a couple of articles about it....

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/breakingmuscle.com/amp/fitness/its-not-your-metabolism-its-your-neat-thats-stopping-your-fat-loss

http://www.fspirvine.com/10-easy-ways-to-increase-your-neat/

@mari_moulin Excellent articles. I read them too. Thanks so much for sharing. I think they are game changers!