Lose 5lbs + in July 2019

Options

Replies

• LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    61 years old; 5'2"
    Original starting weight - 158.5 (12/30/2018)
    June ending weight 148.3 (June loss 1.3 lbs)

July starting weight - 148.2
    July goal -145.2 (adjusted)

Ultimate goal - 135.0

I generally do a Friday weigh-in. I've pinned the weekly weigh-in days for the challenge. Friday/Monday weigh-in will be interesting :wink:

📌 1st - 148.2 (Trend Weight 149.2)
    3rd - 148.7 (Trend Weight 149.1)
    4th - 148.1 (Trend Weight 149.0)
    5th - 148.1 (Trend Weight 148.9)
    6th - 148.3 (Trend Weight 148.8)
    📌 8th -
    12th -
    📌 15th -
    19th -
    📌 22nd -
    26th -
    📌 29th -
    📌 31st -

Thoughts: I've adjusted my July goal down from 5 lbs to 3. I think that is more realistic given my rate of loss, yet still challenging. Hanging in there. Averages looking down, but had most of a whole day with FitBit sitting on charger. Switched out exercise routine for yard work that isn't logged. I'm up 2/10's of a pound today, likely due to a late dinner, but the trend weight dropped. Headed out to get in trouble with the husband today, and more yard work scheduled for Sunday. Everyone have a good weekend!

July Game Plan & Goals:
    • Continue weekly meal planning
    • Log daily in MFP - focus on daily calorie deficit goal of 500
    • No calorie intake after 8pm
    • Hit Fitbit step goal of 5000, then increase to 6000 - 7 day average 3166 ⬇
    • Hit active minutes goal of 25 minutes daily, then increase to 30 - 7 day average 18 ⬇
    • Hit strength building exercise goal of 6 days, then increase to 7 - 7 day average 2 ↔

30 Day Progress:

4w.png

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'3", 58 years old
    I will be weighing daily, it keeps me accountable and motivated and shows trends
    Starting weight October 28.18 - 191
    July goal (since I hit 160 3 times in June) is 155
    Ultimate goal 115

July 01 - 163.1 - Still up from eating ribs in June, I will have to lay off those for at least a few months
    July 02 - 165.6 - !!! that is more than I was at the beginning of June. Hopefully just a blip.
    July 03 - 162.0
    July 04 - 160.8
    July 05 - 162.5 - oh well, 25 more days to hopefully get out of the 160s
    July 06 - 162.5

Running loss/gain: Loss - 0.6
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Not usually a hotdog fan but that looks super tasty!! :):)
  • LisaW57
    Options

Yesterday hubby took us to a sports shop and I got me a few workout outfits and a new toy! So excited to start using it today. I did my usual walk this morning and tonight when the tv comes on, (finally starting to watch stranger things) I’m hopping on my new stepper! Wishing you all a blessed Sunday! [/b]

You've got a keeper! I have one of those, with no resistance bands on it - but I bet I could hook some up!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Female, 5'3", 58 years old
    I will be weighing daily, it keeps me accountable and motivated and shows trends
    Starting weight October 28.18 - 191
    July goal (since I hit 160 3 times in June) is 155
    Ultimate goal 115

July 01 - 163.1 - Still up from eating ribs in June, I will have to lay off those for at least a few months
    July 02 - 165.6 - !!! that is more than I was at the beginning of June. Hopefully just a blip.
    July 03 - 162.0
    July 04 - 160.8
    July 05 - 162.5 - oh well, 25 more days to hopefully get out of the 160s
    July 06 - 162.5
    July 07 - 162.2

Running loss/gain: Loss - 0.9
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @LisaW57
    You don't count yardwork as exercise? I sure do, I track it under gardening. Cutting the grass, digging, squatting, lunging etc. ... it is a good workout. You are keeping track of active minutes, you must count it there.
    Early in the spring I was burning 1200 calories gardening some days. This time of year it is more like maintenance, although I still have to weed every day.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    LisaW57 wrote: »

Yesterday hubby took us to a sports shop and I got me a few workout outfits and a new toy! So excited to start using it today. I did my usual walk this morning and tonight when the tv comes on, (finally starting to watch stranger things) I’m hopping on my new stepper! Wishing you all a blessed Sunday! [/b]

You've got a keeper! I have one of those, with no resistance bands on it - but I bet I could hook some up!

Cool! Do you use it modern or does it tend to get boring?
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Wow, I haven't seen one of those steppers since the 80s! Fun! Thank you for the photo with it, you look fantastic. For some reason though I am craving a hot dog though, and it is only 9am : - )

It was very fun and I actually put on some 80’s tunes to go with to. I genuinely enjoyed that session 30 minutes and my thighs were burning!! Hope you get your hotdog fix soon! This one I had was with the calories!

an7obgrma8gu.jpeg

• LisaW57
    edited July 2019
    Options
    LisaW57 wrote: »

Cool! Do you use it modern or does it tend to get boring?

Modern? I use it a couple of times a week - trying to get to 10+ minutes. I have trouble with my knees and balance, so it's a slow process. Not doing it long enough for boredom to set in yet 😏 Congrats on the whosh! 🎉🎉