Imagine if it were no longer available tomorrow: what food item are you hoarding?

pancakerunner
pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
edited July 2019 in Food and Nutrition
In other words... what food couldn't you live without?

I actually had to think about this, but if I knew I would never be able to get it again I would 100% be stockpiling grated Parmesan cheese. Or reduced sugar ketchup... or cottage cheese. It's a hard question! Makes you think about the foods we take for granted.

Replies

• ohcobblers
    ohcobblers Posts: 52 Member
    These zimvniwhyn3m.jpg
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Fresh mozzarella or medium cheddar.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Seafood, sadly I'd have to eat it all in a very small window of time.
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Quest bars. Most of the flavors. I need them!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    They changed the recipe on the Fiber One brownies and snack cakes and completely ruined them.

I hit Amazon and all my local retailers looking for the old packaging and now have approx 220 Fiber One brownies in my spare bathroom :lol: I'm hoping they come to their senses and change them back in the next year!

Every once and awhile I don't have either oatmeal or overnight oats for breakfast, and I always end up missing it, so that would probably be the worst one.

I'm not really picky, so I could pretty easily roll with the punches if one major thing were no longer available. At least off the top of my head :smile:

I did this when Twinning changed the formula of Earl Grey. I was able to get a 2 year's supply of regular, but not decaf.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Almonds
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2019
    My favourite cereal is already not available where I live (which is bad but also good since I'd eat it all the time). I'd have to say wine which we already hoard. I mean I could learn to make my own but meh it wouldn't be as good as the real good stuff.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    My favourite cereal is already not available where I live (which is bad but also good since I'd eat it all the time). I'd have to say wine which we already hoard. I mean I could learn to make my own but meh it wouldn't be as good as the real good stuff.
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    Cheese. I cannot live without cheese.

A world without wine or cheese would be so sad :cry:

Must start stockpiling NOW!
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Bubblicious watermelon bubble gum.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    These four items right here are my highest priority staples, along with a few other things. I would load up several moving trucks if they were going to be discontinued. I already stock up a deep freezer as each one goes on sale. 😁
    jtm0kutc8ie0.png
    ugngc4f2xh9t.png
    jdi8ciw05vzu.png
    a8d26nnqykd3.png

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Chocolate.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Chocolate.

I thought that was implied ;)

You just reminded that I would stockpile Cocoa Pebbles. I may have to start this weekend.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited July 2019
    all the Morningstar stuff I like...spicy black bean burger especially...sausage, corn dogs, all of it except the chick'n whatever because I don't like that.

Also, Target's natural creamy peanut butter...mainly because it's so cheap (and tastes good). For some reason in the past year at my local store it went from $4-ish, almost $5 to $2.79 for a large jar and I'm not mad.

I'm not drinking currently but I sorta wish I'd hoarded the Shock Top Twisted Pretzel beer because it was fantastic in a horrible guilty pleasure way. RIP
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Chocolate.

I thought that was implied ;)

You just reminded that I would stockpile Cocoa Pebbles. I may have to start this weekend.

Mine is Cocoa Krispies :'(
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Sticky white rice. Gotta have my Kokuho Rose. I buy it in 20 pound bags.

Lindor Chocolates. I would actually go bankrupt buying those if they just stopped making them.