Imagine if it were no longer available tomorrow: what food item are you hoarding?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Chocolate, ice cream, chocolate ice cream. Healthier sweet potatoes, salmon, vegetables.
  • annelieserecovers
    annelieserecovers Posts: 10 Member
    Pink lady apples
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Trader Joe's Ketchup. Seriously. It's the best-tasting ketchup out there and I use it on everything.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Plain yogurt, except it wouldn't last. Most of the things I would really miss are perishable (olive oil, avocados, tomatoes, garlic, cheese, ...) , so not much point to hoarding.

It's actually hard to think of a nonperishable food that I couldn't substitute something else for or make myself if it disappeared. Like, I love Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, but I could throw peanuts in the blender with a little salt if it disappeared. And I could live without peanuts if peanuts disappeared but the peanut butter didn't.

Oh, OK. Bacon. (It freezes well, so I would also need multiple large freezers dedicated just to bacon. Maybe a spare house filled with freezers filled with bacon.)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Chocolate.

I thought that was implied ;)

You and I have both been here long enough to know chocolate is my answer to everything :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Right now, pasta. I'm on a testing spree.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited July 2019
    Right now it would be Built Bars. After years of looking for the perfect protein bar, this is it for me! Love them!
    Funny thing is, I keep ordering them cuz I’m halfway worried about them being discontinued, so I kind of am hoarding .

I would be very sad if there were no more Nutella 😥
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    All foods that combine peanut butter and chocolate. Chocolate dipped nutter butters, nutty buddys, reese's cups, chocolate & peanut butter milkshakes, buckeyes, peanut butter brownies.

If I had to pick one manufactured food instead of a category: nutty buddy wafers.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Right now it would be Built Bars. After years of looking for the perfect protein bar, this is it for me! Love them!
    Funny thing is, I keep ordering them cuz I’m halfway worried about them being discontinued, so I kind of am hoarding .

I recently bought a huge amount of these and although I like them they're too candy bar like for me. My favorite protein bars are still Kirkland from Costco and Sweet Cream Primal Thin from Julian Bakery. 👍

Now......to make it through 30 more Built Bars....lol.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    What food does everyone miss that they don't make anymore?

I really miss Twix cookies & crème. I don't like any other type of cookies & crème chocolate bar at all...people always think they're gonna introduce me to a new one that will rival the Twix I loved. Nope. I think they only made it for a few years when I was a teenager. So sad!
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Hot Cheetos Lime.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

I recently bought a huge amount of these and although I like them they're too candy bar like for me. My favorite protein bars are still Kirkland from Costco and Sweet Cream Primal Thin from Julian Bakery. 👍

Now......to make it through 30 more Built Bars....lol.

Lol, that’s what I like about Built Bars, that they are like a candy bar. The protein is secondary to me. But, at 110 calories, and 15 grams of protein, I am very happy with them. I like other protein bars, but the calories are sometimes hard to fit in.
    Good luck getting through them though 😉
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,847 Member
    edited July 2019
    Now I’m paranoid that companies are going to start discontinuing my favorite foods. 😂

Or worse, reformulate them so that they are still available, but now terrible :#
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,847 Member
    What food does everyone miss that they don't make anymore?

I really miss Twix cookies & crème. I don't like any other type of cookies & crème chocolate bar at all...people always think they're gonna introduce me to a new one that will rival the Twix I loved. Nope. I think they only made it for a few years when I was a teenager. So sad!

Individual Reese's peanut butter cups dark chocolate from my supermarket. I see they are still a thing, but I don't want to by 7 plus oz at a time.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Ketchup or Dill pickle potato
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Now I’m paranoid that companies are going to start discontinuing my favorite foods. 😂

Or worse, reformulate them so that they are still available, but now terrible :#

*cough cough* Quest 😆