Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Weight loss by Xmas?

TaraJerardTaraJerard Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
I’m currently 80kg (176lbs) I’m 5’2 and the weight is mostly in my stomach and chest. Could I realistically get to 55kg (120lbs) by Christmas? 56lbs in 5 and 12 months seem possible but hard. I just want to lose weight before Christmas and all my fault comes down that I haven’t seen in a while. It’s summer here in New Zealand at Christmas and I want to be able to wear nice summer clothes for once instead of hiding in layers trying to hide my rolls and muffin tops... the whole bakery that is my body at the moment.

Can anyone suggest a realistic goal?
Can anyone suggest work out? Cardio, strength... both?

Can anyone suggest Marcos? I’ve done keto and I don’t mine the low carb deal... but I’m scared of the high fat situation as my family has a really bad history of high cholesterol and heart disease.

Thank you so much in advance.

Replies

• jdog022jdog022 Posts: 648Member Member Posts: 648Member Member
    1% loss per week is a good rule of thumb. You could definitely make significant improvements by Xmas but you’ll find the last 10-15 are slow and likely go into next year.

The best thing for high cholesterol is to be at a healthy weight. It’s fine to consider macros but as long as your protein is high then your carbs and fats can be whatever you feel fits the food you like and keeps you full. .8-1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass is sufficient. Calorie deficit being the only true requirement for weight loss .

Personally I would prioritize resistance training over cardio to help retain muscle as you cut. Pick a program from the stickies
    edited July 14
  • spiriteagle99spiriteagle99 Posts: 2,237Member Member Posts: 2,237Member Member
    It's 24 or so weeks until Christmas, so if you are careful and consistent, you could lose 20-35 lbs before then. More than that is unlikely, since a loss of 2 lbs a week is hard to maintain. Cut back too much and people tend to binge to make up for what they are missing. Also as time goes by the weight loss slows since you need fewer calories. What you can do is work out to tighten what you have. That will make you feel and look better when wearing summer clothes.
  • gottswaldgottswald Posts: 64Member, Premium Member Posts: 64Member, Premium Member
    No matter what you end up losing, the investment in yourself is worth it. Everything jdog said I would echo and personally would suggest focusing on that is multi-joint with minimal down time. (Some people call it circuits here?)
  • hixa30hixa30 Posts: 153Member Member Posts: 153Member Member
    I've found that the most people can lose per week is around 1% per week. That calculates to 63.5 kg at Christmas.