Want your honest opinions, please

Replies

• Replying to the qu' of body fat, my scale gives me 18 measurement, and 2 for visceral

I'll try to do a photo

No not looking for ED cheerleaders. No.
  • And age question- I'm 41, with children.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    41? I know plenty of 31 and 21 year old women at your height who would /love/ to be your weight. Pics will help, but just the numbers are actually impressive, especially knowing your age and the fact that you have kids. forget about worrying if you're fat... you're in the 99th percentile of women in your situation.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Judging from your profile pic you look like a chubby Grey faceless alien person. That is my thought on the matter.
  • Okay. I have put a photo on my profile (but not as my profile picture). Please excuse the glamorous background
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    I'm 5ft 8" and my ultimate goal is about 140, your weight seems pretty low to me.

p.s. you can't see your pictures as your profile is closed to public.

x
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    I think 120 is very low for anyone except a teen who has not achieved her bone and muscle mass yet.

I prefer the look that strong muscles gives over a skinny look any day. Just my opinion.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Yeah... I exercise kind of a lot I guess... Couple of strength session per week plus minimum 35kms running ( broken up over 3 sessions)
    I just think I look better skiinny. Annoyingly, I look better a few pounds heavier in a bathing suit. But dressed I look better skinny. And you spend most of your time dressed... So.....
    But it's hard work to get the numbers low. Not much food. I wonder if life's too short to be hungry, or if life's too short to feel heavy..

Lifes too short to be thinking that lifes too short to be hungry or feel heavy!
  • Sorry... I have changed the privacy settings now
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Looking at your picture I would say that you have zero to lose and might actually look better gaining a bit and doing some strength training. Don't go to far and lose womanly curves, you really are very thin!

Good luck to you. X
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Based on the photo, body dysmorphia sounds about right.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    again, diagnosis over the internet is futile.

I looked at the photo. My absolutely honest opinion, not holding anything back, and being as critical as possible, since that seems to be what you want: You need to gain a little weight. You really should be focusing on tone and not the number on the scale. eat back every calorie you burn, and focus on strength training. The only problem with your body (and really it's not a big problem) is that you seem a little too skinny. I bet if you toned up and added about 5 pounds of muscle, you'd look /amazing/.

disclaimer: you wanted honest opinions. I'm intentionally not sugar coating anything. In reality, your body is perfectly fine as it is, you're just on the thin side of things and therefore not my type. To be truly hot in my eyes (the only opinion I can give), see above :)
  • My first 10 days being faithful to MFP and I am down 7 pounds. Makes me feel good to get this started!! Any tips are appreciated! The photo is a similar dress style I would like to fit in by July 2014.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Hello

I'm a 5'9" female, 133lbs.

I'd like to be about 120lbs. I've been around 126 in the past, but with a lot of effort. 130-135 seems to be my natural default.

Question: would you consider me big at this easily achievable weight or is it worth the effort to go lower, dormouse think? For my part, I feel fat at over 130lb

Thanks for any input/ advice

What's your body fat percentage? what are your measurements?
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    based off your picture you look healthy to me.

I think that you should stop looking at the scale!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Looking at your others pics on your profile, you are super thin. I wouldn't go any lower. IMO you need to gain a few pounds and maybe do some lifting to get definition.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Fit is the new sexy do not lose anymore weight just strive to get fitter daily.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Judging from your profile pic you look like a chubby Grey faceless alien person. That is my thought on the matter.
    I was given a strike for a comment like this.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    This seems a bit ridiculous. You either have body dysmorphia as others have said or you're fishing for comments on how thin you are. Maybe both?

You have some self-esteem work to do, not weight loss.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    You got a problem love, get yourself to a professional who can help you. You look very thin. You would possibly benefit from some strength training.
This discussion has been closed.