Want your honest opinions, please

Options

Replies

• Deadman1231
    Options
    You look wonderful! I agree that some strength training would tone but do NOT lose any more weight.
  • blh0285
    blh0285 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I agree that some strength training would tone but do NOT lose any more weight.

I agree.
  • monkepinay
    monkepinay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Normally I wouldn't feed the trolls, but you look like you could use a steak and a smile. May don't worry about weight, worry about BMI, and not just that Height vs Weight stuff. take it all into consideration. Are you at a healthy BMI? Because in the end, your health and not your looks is what really matters. What's the point in starving and working out all the time, if you are just going to put your health in danger? Life isn't too short for anything. It's actually really long. Do you want to ruin the rest of your life because you thought you looked better super skinny in clothes? Get older and see all of your friends have happy healthy babies and then come to find out you can't because you ****ed yourself up trying to be something unnatural.

For me, my BMI is soooo not healthy. But that's what we're all here for right?
  • monkepinay
    monkepinay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    120 for 5'9 seems really low. I'm aiming for 120 - but I'm only 5'1. Those extra inches really do make a difference. If you're feeling fat, try body composition rather than losing poundage.

(If it helps, I was complaining about being short this morning. I'd KILL to be 5'9!!!)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

with every attempt possible to not sound creepy... post a pic of yourself. it's ridiculous to try to diagnose something like body dysmorphic disorder over the internet, but it does certainly sound like you have a lower opinion of your body than what you should.

Agreed.

ETA: from your pictures, do not lose a single pound. Eat slightly above maintenance calories, and strive to add some muscle to your beautiful frame.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If that is you first change your name and then just stay exactly how you are.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I guess this would depend strictly on your body fat percentage at this point.

jk looked at your pictures. i have no idea why you want to lose.
  • krishibbs
    krishibbs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'9, female, 33 years old. I weight 141 pounds with a goal of 130-135 pounds. With that said, my frame is not the same as yours. It looks, based on the pictures you posted that you are a very petite frame. As others that have said, there is no need for you to lose weight and may benefit from adding a few pounds to something that is easier for you to maintain. It sounds like you do get adequate exercise and there is certainly no need for you to feel hungry. Focus on being healthy and not the scale! Good luck!
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    120 would be unhealthy. 133 is fine. Actually you could go up to 168 and still be in the healthy/normal range, because you are tall. As other's have said, work on toning if you aren't crazy about the way you look (although I imagine you look just fine to everyone else.)
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should focus on the weight showing on your scales.

Measure your body fat (there are plenty of online calculators just taking tape measurements, you don't need calipers or fancier methods to get a rough idea).

If it's comfortably in a healthy range, then adjust if you need to, but from the look of you I reckon you'd feel great just adding definition with some strength training.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I think what you need is some good heavy lifting hun!
    The weight on the scale is probably not the problem. If you are unsatisfied with the way you look you need to reshape your body, and lifting will do that.

I once wanted to weight 115lbs. I'm 5'2. I now weight 130 and love my nice guns hehe ;)
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    It depends on your age I think. I'm 5ft 8 and at 19 years old I was happiest at around 124lbs. At 47, however, I'm aiming to get down to 134lbs (started at 148lbs) - any thinner is not a good look in your forties! xx
  • Francis_beland
    Francis_beland Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would say the exact same thing than the others. No weight to lose here. Honest opinion based on my taste: you're too thin. As other posted, if you want more definition, do some weight lifting and stop worrying at the scale.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Judging from your profile pic you look like a chubby Grey faceless alien person. That is my thought on the matter.

^^^ too funny LOL
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You asked for an honest opinion and you are getting them. Take the majority of advice and do not drop that low, I agree that you may have body dismorphia. Be careful..
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I looked at your pics. You are already very thin. I am 7 inches shorter than you and weigh more than you. Don't fight so hard for an irrelevant number. If your clothes fit and you feel happy be done with it.
  • rachaelk247
    rachaelk247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nikoruo, and many other poster are right on. Try to include some weight training into your routine that and healthy eating will help you obtain the lean but fit look you want. Good luck!
  • cyrostien
    cyrostien Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here is a website full of body images that will help you see what people look like at the height you choose. I'm 5'9 and my goal is 145! If I were 120, I'd have no shape.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I hope you choose to listen to the advice you asked for. Please do not lose any more weight.
This discussion has been closed.