how my boobs are going to react

Options
124»

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your 18 year old boobs. You’ll look back fondly on them in the future, when it is pretty much a guarantee they will sag.
  • ashleyn4489
    ashleyn4489 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise stuff do you use. I've lost a cup size after my kids and since I've started my journey. Mine look awful to me after the kids...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So it sounds like you're normal weight at 1.73cm / 72kg but are feeling that you have some fat on you (but unknown amount) and are feeling sluggish as compared to when you were in your earlier teens when you didn't exercise but were very active?

I am not sure that focusing on a major weight loss of 15kg that would take you to the lowest end of the healthy weight range is the best way to recapture that feeling at 18!

Forgetting whether you should or should not clean up your eating (so you were eating carbs before... why is that bad? Eat carbs, just add some vegetables and fruits and healthy fats and proteins :smiley:), forgetting even if losing a very small amount of weight might make improvements to your "excess" fat storage, your issue is the reduction of activity as you've grown older!!!

And your current plan does not address that!

People in their early 20s, or younger, and not obese have a lot of things they can and should do that will have a positive impact on their weight and body composition and long term outlook. Restricting calories to lose 33lbs is not at the top of the list!!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I had a child's body at 14. My 9th-grade year I was the height I am now, but I was 92lbs and I had measurements of 32-22-32. For reference, my 4-year-old has a 19" waist.

By my senior year, I was 115lbs (essentially the same I am now), a 32DD/DDD (same I am now, the shape has changed though), and had much more womanly hips. Don't remember the measure. I've since had three kids, so my hips and breasts have changed, but I am at the same weight and bra size I was at 18. Not the same boobs, same bra size.

A 14-year-old is a child, and more than likely has a child's body. You ate a lot and didn't gain weight because you had a child's growing metabolism. Also why you had so much energy, I haven't met a child who did not.
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would guess you'll be fine. There are exercises that you can do to firm the pectoral muscles to help support your breasts.

My concern is sagging skin. My pics are already showing that, especially in my comparison pics. Right now, I'm okay with that because I'm losing inches and I feel better too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I would guess you'll be fine. There are exercises that you can do to firm the pectoral muscles to help support your breasts.

My concern is sagging skin. My pics are already showing that, especially in my comparison pics. Right now, I'm okay with that because I'm losing inches and I feel better too.

Give it a year or two at goal weight, maintaining. And some of us (like me) look worse part way to goal, because a small amount of squishy subcutaneous fat is still conspiring with gravity to keep the skin stretched, until that fat mass depletes nearly completely.

But that's off-topic for this thread. Apologies, OP.
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Give it a year or two at goal weight, maintaining. And some of us (like me) look worse part way to goal, because a small amount of squisy subcutaneous fat is still conspiring with gravity to keep the skin stretched, until that fat mass depletes nearly completely.

Thanks for the encouragement! 🙂

• taessane
    taessane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Give it a year or two at goal weight, maintaining. And some of us (like me) look worse part way to goal, because a small amount of squishy subcutaneous fat is still conspiring with gravity to keep the skin stretched, until that fat mass depletes nearly completely.

no, I find it really helpful I don't mind it at all
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    When I was losing my excess weight people always swore up and down and assured me I’d lose breast volume, I was actually looking forward to this because my chest has always been heavy. My breasts did not budge an inch. Not a single inch. They stayed exactly the same throughout my 43 pound weight loss and I lost from everywhere else but there. Since then I’ve had a mammogram and found out I have very dense breast tissue so they are unlikely to be affected by weight loss (barring starvation of course) so I’m stuck with ‘em. You are probably too young to have had a mammogram yet so you don’t know how dense your tissue is but really the only way to know for sure how your body will react is to actually lose the weight, maintain for a couple of years and then you will have your answers :)