Labor Day Mini Challenge!

SuzOh
SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
After losing 20 lbs since late March, I've been struggling with some inconsistency
this month and haven't lost any lbs for over 3 weeks.

Yesterday I booked a Labor Day weekend trip to visit my best friend of almost 28 years!

Specific time frames always help me, so today I'm setting a mini goal to lose 8 - 10 lbs over the next 4.5 weeks.

Food wise I'll be continuing with my current 1,300 daily calorie goal (I eat at least part of my exercise calories back.). I'm cutting out the occasional diet coke, and will watch my sugar and sodium more closely.

For exercise, in addition to my boosted walking routine, I'll be adding a new standing only, low impact HIIT routine I found on YouTube as well as some more weights and abs (planks, etc)

Anyone want to join me for accountability and support?

Replies

• jodiobenchain0402
    jodiobenchain0402 Posts: 5 Member
    I would like to join my boyfriend comes home 19th of August from Korea! I would like to lose 11 lbs!! I keep falling off the wagon 😬

Current stats:
    5”3
    Goal weight: 149lbs
  • SuzOh
    I would like to join my boyfriend comes home 19th of August from Korea! I would like to lose 11 lbs!! I keep falling off the wagon 😬

Current stats:
    5”3
    Goal weight: 149lbs

I understand completely, I've fallen off the wagon so many times! So let's do this short challenge and see what happens! So far it's just the 2 of us, but that's fine with me. Just want someone to help keep me accountable. nj5e

I normally don't weigh myself very often (usually every 2 weeks or even once a month) because I get too obsessed with the scale, but for this short challenge I think weighing in once a week would work for me. What do you think? I'm going to weigh-in on Fridays (starting tomorrow) and post my results, how about you? I'll also share how I am doing with food and exercise.

I sent you a friend request as well.
  • l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    I want to lose 5-10 lbs by my 60thh Birthday on 9/3.

Current weight 213
    Goal weight 160
    5’ 8”
  • jessiedawn8400
    jessiedawn8400 Posts: 37 Member
    I'd like to lose about 7-8 pounds by then. I weigh weekly on Fridays. I'm 5'2" and want to be 190 by 8/30 (my bday)

7/19 - 197.4
    7/26 -
    8/2 -
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    I need something like this. I fell off the wagon about a year ago. Relentless aches and pains kept me from running, and I've now gained back a lot of what I had lost.

My mini goal will be 10lbs before we go camping August 24th.

Starting weight 276
    Mini challenge start weight 259.4
    Mini challenge goal 249
    Ultimate goal 190
  • SuzOh
    I want to lose 5-10 lbs by my 60thh Birthday on 9/3.

Current weight 213
    Goal weight 160
    5’ 8”

Awesome goal! I'm sending you a friend request.

• SuzOh
    I'd like to lose about 7-8 pounds by then. I weigh weekly on Fridays. I'm 5'2" and want to be 190 by 8/30 (my bday)

7/19 - 197.4
    7/26 -
    8/2 -
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

I'm loving the birthday goals! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • SuzOh
    pdo27789 wrote: »
    I need something like this. I fell off the wagon about a year ago. Relentless aches and pains kept me from running, and I've now gained back a lot of what I had lost.

My mini goal will be 10lbs before we go camping August 24th.

Starting weight 276
    Mini challenge start weight 259.4
    Mini challenge goal 249
    Ultimate goal 190

That is a great goal! I understand the aches and pains, I was also running before some life changes and putting on about 25 - 30 lbs. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • SuzOh
    I'm excited to see others like mini/short term goals like I do!

I want this challenge to be as informal as you'd like. Weigh-in and post when it is convenient for you personally as we all have different schedules. This is a no judgement, supportive challenge, whether we lose or gain, either way let's cheer each other on! If you have any tips you want to share about food or exercise,etc, please do.

Thank you for joining me in this quick 4-week challenge! We got this!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    I'd like to join. I've had an incredibly difficult year and am trying very hard to focus on my health and weight again. I'm 5'1", 48 yrs. and currently weigh 168.5. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself so my goal is to log my calories everyday and stay between 1300-1500, and walk at least 4x a week. I'd like to lose 9 lbs. by Labor day.

Starting weight: 168.5
    Labor day goal: 159.5
    Ultimate goal: 130
  • SuzOh
    AquaFan wrote: »
    I'd like to join. I've had an incredibly difficult year and am trying very hard to focus on my health and weight again. I'm 5'1", 48 yrs. and currently weigh 168.5. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself so my goal is to log my calories everyday and stay between 1300-1500, and walk at least 4x a week. I'd like to lose 9 lbs. by Labor day.

Starting weight: 168.5
    Labor day goal: 159.5
    Ultimate goal: 130

I'm sorry you've had a difficult year, I can relate. That sounds like a great plan! And no pressure, we're all just here to support whatever goals we each have. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    I’ll try this. I’m restarting from the exact same weight I was years ago. Breaking a vertebra really makes it difficult to keep in maintenance.

SW (again 🙄) 208
    CW 198
    Goal by Labor Day—190

Eventually I want to be back to 165.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Hi. Me too!
    I'm trying to rehab a hip injury. PT starts Monday.
    CW 166
    GW 159 by labor day!

Let's do this!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    sounds good to me! Labor day marks the start of the fall semester, so it'd be nice to lose more before stepping back into the classroom.

SW: 263
    CW: 243.6
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)
  • SuzOh
    swonn wrote: »
    I’ll try this. I’m restarting from the exact same weight I was years ago. Breaking a vertebra really makes it difficult to keep in maintenance.

SW (again 🙄) 208
    CW 198
    Goal by Labor Day—190

Eventually I want to be back to 165.

I can relate! I was essentially immobile and on the verge of getting a walker due to severe back issues about 7 years ago. I also regained up to my heaviest weight after keeping most of it off for about 12 years! Ugh! That is the past though and we got this! I'm sending you a friend request!
  • SuzOh
    Hi. Me too!
    I'm trying to rehab a hip injury. PT starts Monday.
    CW 166
    GW 159 by labor day!

Let's do this!

Yes, let's do this! Good luck with rehab too! I'm sending you a friend request!
  • SuzOh
    amkita wrote: »
    sounds good to me! Labor day marks the start of the fall semester, so it'd be nice to lose more before stepping back into the classroom.

SW: 263
    CW: 243.6
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)

Yes, it will be a great way to start back to school! I'm sending you a friend request!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2019
    By any chance does anyone use Fitbit? If so, and you would like to be friends let me know. Thanks.

Most of my current Fitbit friends have dropped off the radar.
  • SuzOh
    I do!