Labor Day Mini Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    AKTipsyCat wrote: »
    OK all - Happy Friday. Is today the day we're starting? OK... so here we go. My focus is pretty simple - 1. I'm going to do as many Hot 26 (Bikram) Yoga classes as I can (the difference in my body over just 3 weeks is amazing, can't wait to see what I can do by Labor Day. I touched my forehead to me left knee this week! SQUEE) 2. I'm going to stay between 1200-1500 calories; mostly low carb 3. I'm going to keep averaging over 10K steps a day. So - pretty much keep doing what I've been doing since the beginning of last month but with a bit more INTENT and focus.

SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 -
    8/2 -
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

I never set an "official" start date as I know we all have different schedules and preferences for weighing-in. I'm a Friday girl myself. Wow, you're quite the limber lady! I like what you said about INTENT, that's perfect!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this! I am struggling to lose lately and I’m up about 10 lbs from what I was maintaining.

CW 174
    Labor Day goal 165

Welcome! Let's do this!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    amberrea82 wrote: »
    Okay, I need in on this as well! The summer has been kicking my motivation to the curb...I have been steadily gaining back what I've worked so hard to rid myself of and it's gotta stop! I'd love to be down 20 by the time September rolls around.

HW - 322
    CW - 270ish
    GW - 250
    UGW - 175

I'm impressed by your loss so far and your 20 lb goal for this challenge! Welcome!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    I am focusing on weekend eating. My tendency is to splurge with friends on the weekend then recover all week. I can do better!

That's a good choice to focus on!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    33fv4tqsfr1p.jpg

First day of the challenge for me and I got a late night workout in. I really had a long day and didn't have time to exercise earlier. I wanted to go to bed, but thought about the goals I've set and decided to get one in before bed. Glad I did, thanks for the motivation!

I hope everyone had a good day and has a great weekend!

P.S. Never, Ever, Ever, EVER, QUIT!
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm in if I'm not too late to the party. I lost 40 pounds last year but gained it back 😟 I'm working on long term changes. My birthday is 9/8 and I'd love to lose 5 pounds by then.

CW/SW 234
    1st Goal: 215
  • WoodAndCastIron
    WoodAndCastIron Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If not too late, I would also like to join
    Current weight 7/26 - 189
    Labor Day Goal - 177
    Goal weight for end of year and 50th birthday - 150
    My first big challenge will be a 2 week family vacation in the middle of August... this is where I really need some encouragement..
  • cbenoit05
    cbenoit05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    7/27 160.5
    By labor day goal is to lose 5. I'm going to focus on cutting back on sugar, especially icecream sundaes!!! Thanks for the motivation!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    I'm in if I'm not too late to the party. I lost 40 pounds last year but gained it back 😟 I'm working on long term changes. My birthday is 9/8 and I'd love to lose 5 pounds by then.

CW/SW 234
    1st Goal: 215

Not too late! I've struggled to keep off the weight permanently as well, so we're in the same boat. I say we let this be the start of a real life change!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    If not too late, I would also like to join
    Current weight 7/26 - 189
    Labor Day Goal - 177
    Goal weight for end of year and 50th birthday - 150
    My first big challenge will be a 2 week family vacation in the middle of August... this is where I really need some encouragement..

Welcome! I'll be 55 in September and also want to between 150 - 155 by the end of the year! Let's do this!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    cbenoit05 wrote: »
    7/27 160.5
    By labor day goal is to lose 5. I'm going to focus on cutting back on sugar, especially icecream sundaes!!! Thanks for the motivation!

Oh wow, sugar is my nemesis and ice cream is probably my favorite thing to eat! I'm never giving it up, just learning to eat it in moderation. Welcome to the challenge!
  • Jozie526
    Jozie526 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join you in your mini goal to Labor Day Weekend. I’ve been totally stressed out with selling my house. It did sell in a week and now we are under contract. We’ve been busy but eating out a lot due to not being in the house when it was being showed. I got up earlier today and went for a 45 minute walk. I plan on buying some fresh fruits later in the day.you ladies seem so nice. I like your upbeat attitude. How do you show your progress? Current weight: 196 goal is to lose 7lbs. By Labor Day.
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm in ! Would love to sashay back into school ten pounds lighter!!!! I've already gotten three of those pounds off, but I want to stay focused!!!!!!

Starting Weight - 147.4 pounds
    Mini Challenge Goal - 140 pounds
    Ultimate Goal - 130 pounds

I've just turned 48 and I have gained 20 pounds in my 40s. This is BS. It's official. I gotta get off my duff and do something!

Kim :)
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Okay I'm in ! Would love to sashay back into school ten pounds lighter!!!! I've already gotten three of those pounds off, but I want to stay focused!!!!!!

Starting Weight - 147.4 pounds
    Mini Challenge Goal - 140 pounds
    Ultimate Goal - 130 pounds

I've just turned 48 and I have gained 20 pounds in my 40s. This is BS. It's official. I gotta get off my duff and do something!

Kim :)

Sashay, sashay! Welcome to the challenge!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Jozie526 wrote: »
    I’d like to join you in your mini goal to Labor Day Weekend. I’ve been totally stressed out with selling my house. It did sell in a week and now we are under contract. We’ve been busy but eating out a lot due to not being in the house when it was being showed. I got up earlier today and went for a 45 minute walk. I plan on buying some fresh fruits later in the day.you ladies seem so nice. I like your upbeat attitude. How do you show your progress? Current weight: 196 goal is to lose 7lbs. By Labor Day.

Congrats of selling the house! I know that can be so stressful!

We're pretty informal about the weigh-in, just choose a day of the week that works for you and share your progress on this thread. The challenge officially ends on 8/31, but you can do your final weigh-in any time around Labor Day. Also, feel free to share any tips, challenges, humor or anything else that would be helpful or interesting.

Welcome!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well, I’m disappointed with today’s weigh in 201 lbs. I couldn’t get accurate measurements this morning. At least we haven’t eaten out this week.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I sent you a FR! I am in for this challenge!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I started at 166 now weigh in at 167. My weekend eating is destroying my results. Must buckle down and try harder!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Oh no! I started at 166 now weigh in at 167. My weekend eating is destroying my results. Must buckle down and try harder!

Unless you consumed a whole 3,500 in excess of what you burned I think that scale is a liar! I weighed 1.2 lbs more 2 days later and I know, without a doubt, that was a BIG FAT lie. Scales are fickle like that

As far as the weekend eating, it's just a goal to work towards like my sugar intake issue. Little changes will make a difference!