Labor Day Mini Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Vgound54
    Vgound54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have COPD and it is very difficult to do any cardio, I get winded quite easily. I will try in short intervals throughout the day, instead of 1 long workout
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! My results for week 1.

7/26 - 187.2
    8/2 - 187
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

Challenge loss: .2 lbs

I will be focusing on 4 specific things during the challenge:

1. Water intake (my nemesis) 👍 I spent a lot of time in the bathroom, so this went well.
    2. Consistently monitoring my sugar (my other nemesis) 👎 I went over my sugar macros 3 out of 7 days.
    3. Staying at 1,700 calories or below. My calories are set at 1,300, but I exercise/move a lot and earn anywhere from 800 to 1,200 in exercise calories daily. 👎I went over 1,700 calories 4 out of 7 days.
    . Adding consistent weights and floor exercises (abs, etc) to my walking and HIIT routines. 👎Epic fail.

Being this vulnerable about my weight and weight loss is a challenge in itself for me, so thank you for joining this challenge with me and supporting my growth.

Ready for a new week of increased focus and positive change!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 7-8 pounds by then. I weigh weekly on Fridays. I'm 5'2" and want to be 190 by 8/30 (my bday)

SW (March 2019) 227.8
    7/19 - 197.4
    7/26 - 196.4
    8/2 - 201.0... This is what happens when you eat out a lot. I know its water weight. I can tell I'm so puffy
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

Total lost in Challenge - +4.60

I agree, eating out makes it so to manage in regard to weight loss. Here's to a new week of positive change!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Weekly Goal Check-In:
    1. Plan backups for bedtime/midday snack cravings and weekends and fit snacks into calorie targets -
    NOT ACCOMPLISHED :( I had a giant snickers bar and some chips on a mini road trip with my sister last Friday, those gas station stops are hard to resist - I even had a bag of beautiful cherries in the car! Problem identified - tempting treats at gas stations. Next time plan: either track treats into my targets & plan for them or pick up a banana instead (or a smaller snickers instead of a giant one :D). Also ate a bunch of sweet cereal on Tuesday night, babysitting for my nephew at their house. Problem identified - I went out to eat for breakfast and it got my tracking all out of whack that day, then I lost the motivation to care about what I ate for the rest of the day since I didn't have numbers to go from. Next time plan: try to track an out to eat meal even if it's not exact - just get a good ball park in there to work from

2. Go to at least two exercise classes per week OR two long walks outside OR combo of the two -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Trying new gyms & classes with a couple Groupons I scored - went to an aerial yoga class and a Barre Fit class, AND also made it out for a long walk that's extra!!

3. 2 minute ab/core routine every other day -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

4. Weigh in and post on Thursday -
    ACCOMPLISHED - Here!

5. Go the entire month of August without stopping for high calorie expensive coffee drinks -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

I'm 36 and 5'4"
    SW 7/25: 151.9
    CW 8/1: 148.8
    8/8:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/5:
    It's nice to see a drop, but I was at this weight in March and June, and both times bounced back up to 153ish, so I'll believe it if I see it at least 2 more weeks.

Next week I'll work harder on the snacking goal, although I'm going on a cabin retreat weekend with some girlfriends... There will be healthy food around but it will be tempting to snack all day because I'm "relaxing and I earned it." I will think about this post when reaching for food and do my best to track everything I eat. I'm not going to be hardcore about staying within my limits but I'll make it a goal to at least track it all for awareness.

Mini GW (Labor Day): 149 (Finally get and stay under 150!)
    GW by End of Year: 139 (top of healthy BMI range)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127 (Mid Range Healthy BMI) and keep it there!

What an awesome week of positive results
    !
  • SuzOh
    Options
    AKTipsyCat wrote: »
    Sooooo - I seem to be in the 182s one day and the 183s on another and it's been like this for 2 weeks, I'm super frustrated about it - however I have a NSV to report. A skirt I put on two weeks ago and was hard to zip, I tried to wear this morning and I sucked in the gut for the zippy part... and realized... it wasn't needed. In fact, now that it zips without me having to almost pass out from sucking my gut in, it's too big on the hips and I decided against wearing it because it looked too boxy. So all the Hot Yoga and all the walking is helping, it really is. It's just not ready to directly translate to a scale victory yet... so when you hit those plateaus - there is hope -

Love this!!!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    pdo27789 wrote: »
    So far so good. These mini challenges always seem to get me moving :)

Original starting weight 276
    Challenge starting weight 259
    Challenge goal 249 (by Aug 24th)
    Today's weigh in 256
    Mini challenge loss so far 3

Wow, so great!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    First Friday weigh in for me on this challenge:
    Starting Weight 6/1 - 200
    7/26 - 189
    8/2 - 187.6
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/25 -
    9/1 -
    Labor Day Goal - 177
    Goal weight for end of year and 50th birthday - 150

That's a nice week!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    swonn wrote: »
    Scale victory finally! Last week the scale read 201.6 on my weigh in day, today it read 196.6.
    My snacking is getting a little better but is not completely where I want it to be. For instance: I made Chex Mix the other day and grazed quite a bit yesterday. However, yesterday I also ate more vegetables.

Whoa, that's a super loss for 1 week! Snacking is another issue for me lately.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    AquaFan wrote: »
    SuzOh, can you fix my starting weight. I cut and pasted last week and obviously was trying to do too many things at once because my weight wasn't right. Here is the correct information:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

So today was my one week weigh-in. I went up by a half a pound and I'm ok with that. Midweek I was up two pounds to I'm now headed back the right way. This week has been a learning experience for me. I learned that I can eat less food than usual and not be hungry. I learned that pre-logging my day is VERY helpful in getting me to stick to the plan. I also finally really get the fact that "all or the nothing" mentality does not work. I'm not always going to be perfect and that's ok.

Gotcha!

I relate to the learning experience. I continue to learn every day, the important part is applying the lesson.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join in. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day. I struggle with emotional eating, but I see a Dietician every 2 weeks to work on things. I have regained most of the weight I lost years ago. I'm 45 years old, 5'4. I weigh in on Sunday mornings, so I'll add my weight at each check-in.

HW: 210
    SW: 195
    CW: 195
    Labor Day GW: 185
    Ultimate GW: 150

ETA: I'm going to do a 30 day plank challenge. I have to start off small, since my body is used to being sedentary.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join in. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day. I struggle with emotional eating, but I see a Dietician every 2 weeks to work on things. I have regained most of the weight I lost years ago. I'm 45 years old, 5'4. I weigh in on Sunday mornings, so I'll add my weight at each check-in.

HW: 210
    SW: 195
    CW: 195
    Labor Day GW: 185
    Ultimate GW: 150

ETA: I'm going to do a 30 day plank challenge. I have to start off small, since my body is used to being sedentary.

Welcome!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Vgound54 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3", 65 years young, and weighed in this morning at a shocking 184.8 lbs. I will be happy with any weight loss at this point!! I'll set my goal at 5 lbs by Labor Day.

Welcome to the challenge!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Vgound54 wrote: »
    I have COPD and it is very difficult to do any cardio, I get winded quite easily. I will try in short intervals throughout the day, instead of 1 long workout

That sounds like a good plan!
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    SW - 215 (April 2019)
    CW - 206.8
    Labor Day GW - 195
    GW - 150

July 30 - 205.6
    July 31 - 205.4 - Carb withdrawls head is killing me
    Aug 1 - 205.4 - See above
    Aug 2 - 205.6 - Headaches are gone! I've been good and haven't had anything I wasnt supposed too. I even drank my coffee with only half and half in it, no equal! Swapped out my 2nd 32oz of water for 32oz of powerade zero. I was drinking 96oz of water daily and I think that combined with not enough calories, not enough sodium and lack of sugar were what was giving me such a bad headache. So I'm still drinking 64oz of water plus 32oz of powerade. I'm gonna make an effort to get better about sodium and potassium though. I'm hoping for a drop in weight soon though.
  • Making_Impossible_Possible
    Options
    SW - 215 (April 2019)
    CW - 206.8
    Labor Day GW - 195
    GW - 150

• July 30 - 205.6
    • July 31 - 205.4 - Carb withdrawls head is killing me
    • Aug 1 - 205.4 - See above
    • Aug 2 - 205.6 - Headaches are gone! I've been good and haven't had anything I wasnt supposed too. I even drank my coffee with only half and half in it, no equal! Swapped out my 2nd 32oz of water for 32oz of powerade zero. I was drinking 96oz of water daily and I think that combined with not enough calories, not enough sodium and lack of sugar were what was giving me such a bad headache. So I'm still drinking 64oz of water plus 32oz of powerade. I'm gonna make an effort to get better about sodium and potassium though. I'm hoping for a drop in weight soon though.
    • Aug 3 - 204.8 - We had take out for dinner last night. I had a lettuce wrapped burger. That plus all the other stuff I ate during the day got me almost to my daily calorie goal. Then I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Still came in just under 20net carbs. I've lost a total of 10.2lbs since I started in late may, early June, with 7lb being within the last 2 months. It's nice to be in the double digits lost category. Can't wait till I get to 15lbs lost!
  • TipsooLady
    TipsooLady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in...better late than never, right? My short term goal will be to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day. It's challenging for me to exercise due to some back and hip issues but I plan to increase my water exercises and watch my calories. Time to get back on the right path again!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Hi. CW is 164, and last week was 164. But I will take it. Last week was a single point, looked like a fluke. This time I have three points at 164. So I think that is progress. Sw from beginning of July was closer to 167. Plus I am seeing the wisdom of weigh in on Friday LoL! Saturday is generally a high calorie day. I'm learning more about how this all works. GW is 159 by Sept 1.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    TipsooLady wrote: »
    I would like to join in...better late than never, right? My short term goal will be to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day. It's challenging for me to exercise due to some back and hip issues but I plan to increase my water exercises and watch my calories. Time to get back on the right path again!

Welcome to the challenge!
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Argh.
    SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 -
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

I’m going in the wrong direction!!!
  • WoodAndCastIron
    WoodAndCastIron Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Stay the course! Unexpected Variations pop up on a weekly ( and longer variations) - trust me I’ve been there