Options
123457»

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    @trbp72 I may perhaps be the only person/female on here that kinda agrees with you.

I don't like it if people yell "hey I wanna *kitten* you" or something crass like that at me, but I don't mind it if someone just pays a compliment, or even just a wolf whistle.

You are entitled to have whichever reaction you feel like when that happens to you, and nobody should try to make you react any differently than how you choose. I don't think you are the only woman who reacts that way. My wife is generally the same. She tends to find it flattering when she gets whistled or cat called by the construction workers. But just like that is both of your rights to react that way, it is other woman's right to react to catcalling in a negative way, and nobody should make them feel like they need to react any differently.

That is why catcalling is still always wrong. The cat caller does not know if he is catcalling someone like you who would be okay with it, or someone who it would terrify. He is doing it anyway without any regards to the person he is doing it for, because it is not about their flattering but his own amusement/satisfaction

This post deserves a gold star.

• Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher OMG!!! Best post ever.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Roza42 wrote: »
    @Tacklewasher OMG!!! Best post ever.

Should I mention is was a Playboy thing? (That I read about in the Globe and Mail)