Is your backfat really migrated breast tissue?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    @Cait_Sidhe read page two and quit the fail trolling, kthx.
    And I repeat... lolwut? Nice try.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    @Cait_Sidhe read page two and quit the fail trolling, kthx.
    And I repeat... lolwut? Nice try.

lolreality.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Backfat is migrated breast tissue?

images-1_zpsacf961e8.jpg

Could be - if one is obese enough, the person can lay on their back and the boobs go back, and if the person is really obese, gravity makes that stuff travel towards the back.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i dont know about it being migrated breast tissue as the ACTUAL breat tissue HAS some fat but is not solely fat?

but i will say finding the right size bra is a WIN WIN and recommend the reddit a bra that fits. 28D here, always thought i was a 34 A.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    What I really want to know is if I sit on my gluteus maximus long enough will the hair on it migrate back to my scalp????
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What :indifferent:

Is this real life?
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've heard this theory before. I don't think that back fat is migrated breast tissue, but I do think that the tissue that many women have under their arms is spillage from a bra that fits incorrectly.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I did the "shake" getting into my bra this morning and it did make a difference. Felt better, too. Thanks!
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Look, your breast tissue will extend into your arm pits, it can and will extend to cover all of the associated glands if you get fat enough - men, that is you too! Ladies, wear the right bra and it will all get gathered in and pointed vaguely forward.

But it won't holiday itself round to your back. That jelly roll is fat, fat and nothing but fat.
  • freeborn81
    Options
    Actually when I switched to the correct bra my breasts increased 2 cup sizes over a 6 month period and any ribcage and arm pit fat moved forward and filled them out. My bodyfat did not decrease either or increase since I have 17.5 -18.5% body fat. If you smoosh something daily for years then tissue stays there, just like gravity on our faces and breasts. A constant force can relocate tissue.
  • ilmafirin
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this sounds like a myth. If wearing certain kinds of clothing could make your tissue "migrate" then there would be a whole industry devoted to it instead of a whole industry devoted to shapewear. This sounds like something to make people feel better about their back fat ... which is just that, fat. Yes, wearing an improperly fitting bra will certainly make fat stick out more, just like wearing jeans that are too small will give you a muffin top. Notice that the pictures show just that. A woman wearing the right bra is able to make her boobs stick out more and her fat stick out less. I can also make my fat stick out less by wearing spanx. Doesn't make me any skinnier in the long run.

Not that I'm disagreeing about the bra thing, but it is possible for clothing to make tissue "migrate." Waist training with corsets can change the shape of a person's waist when used for a long period. There are also plenty of more morbid examples, like foot binding. The key is, these require a whole lot more pressure (and pain!) than just the elastic in a bra (which is also why your shapewear doesn't keep working after it's off).
  • VanessaRecker
    Options
    My breast tissue migrated to my back causing those ugly back boob rolls.

Then I lost 70 pounds and my boobs migrated back to their appropriate place on my chest.

I think a more logical assumption would be that you lost 70pounds of fat, therefore you lost fat on your back.