What are the first things you threw out when you started your WLJ?

Mine: snack cakes and chips/dips. It was hard but I gave them a proper funeral.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I wouldn't say I threw anything out, but I usually try to use up most of my high calorie foods/snacks before I start cutting (nuts, full fat dairy, dried fruit, cookies, donuts, croissants, juice, cakes, ice cream). Otherwise I try to freeze them if I can.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Gumdrops
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,372 Member
    Cookies and sweet potato pie.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    I started a moderate carb, low sodium diet. I was eating over 4,000 mg of sodium a day and had high blood pressure. So I gave away all my frozen, processed foods with high sodium content. It was a bit of dollars down the drain, but my folks were happy to have the free food!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I didn't throw anything out, because my husband was not on a diet, and he still wanted to eat the junk food. I was more likely to buy different, possible healthier, items for myself, rather than actually throwing anything away. I did stop eating a lot of the breads, pastas, chips, and desserts. I started eating more salad and fruit and protein yogurt for snacks.
  • mcsega
    mcsega Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2019
    Nothing except sugar drinks. I have been hammering down sparkling drinks (ie bubly) like there is no tomorrow though as a canned soft drink replacement.

I try and keep my junk food intake to around 500 of my 2200 calories per day. I have been eating a lot less candy as I prefer chips over the former.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I didn't throw out anything but as time went on the list of foods I was no longer buying much of was growing as was the list of different foods I was buying. Any change I made was gradual and I still had other members of the household that wanted their treats.