Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Losing weight WITHOUT exercise

lucky2702lucky2702 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
Any success stories on losing weight without exercise?
All i've done is cut out all drinks besides water, green tea and coffee, no take out, no fatty foods, no sweets. And i'm already starting to feel better, I'm on day 7.

Was just wondering if anyone managed too lose weight and get to their goal weight just by eating better and less?

Current weight: 74KGS.
Goal weight: 50KGS
Height: 160cm.

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 168Member Member Posts: 168Member Member
    Of course! Weight loss is almost all down to what you eat ...
  • leobrahleobrah Posts: 112Member Member Posts: 112Member Member
    Yes it is possible. It will be slower but effective none the less. Only minus is that exercising gives benefits too, like improved mood, more energy etc. so that's the only thing you'd be missing out on.
  • tjthegreatestjthegreates Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I have used MyFitnessPal as a tool. I put in my information and weight goals and began recording my meals and making changes based on the feedback. I also just finished a nutrition class. I sit at a desk ten hours a day and am not very active. I am trying to be more active, especially as I progress toward my goals. I lost 6.8kg in two months and have 63kg to reach my first goal.
  • meeharrietmeeharriet Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Yes it’s less about exercise and more about what you put in your mouth if you’re talking about weight loss per se ... I lost three stone and kept it off for 11 years now one stone of it crept back so I’m back on it - I walk my dog but that’s it weight comes off anyway
  • hfergiehfergie Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    So I’ve been trying so hard to exercise off the baby weight this year but I think it was stressing my body out too much so I’ve decided to do a low carb calorie deficit diet (not Keto) without much exercise, just when I feel like it. I feel like it might finally be working and to be honest, it’s nice to kind of take a break from all the exercise!!
  • ShayCarver89ShayCarver89 Posts: 232Member Member Posts: 232Member Member
    I lost my first 35ish pounds without exercise.
  • mtsproutmtsprout Posts: 10Member Member Posts: 10Member Member
    I lost my first 30 lbs with pretty much no exercise, just diet. It's possible, but I regret doing it now because when I did start working with a personal trainer and lifting weights I found that I had lost muscle, too. Muscle is metabolically active tissue, so building more of it burns more calories at a resting state. You don't need to run miles every day or lift weights, but remaining active doing something you enjoy like bike riding, swimming, or playing a sport will complement your diet and keep you losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way for your body.

As an aside, when I started lifting weights I stopped losing weight for a few weeks despite sticking to my calorie deficit. Then, suddenly, 7 lbs fell off. This is normal!
  • mwoltermannmwoltermann Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    I Lost 10 lbs w/ just dieting (goal is 15lbs w/ a stretch goal of 20lbs). In fact I purposely left out exercising because I found it made me crazy hungry. I wanted to deal with my eating habits since in the past I would start to exercise then eat 10x more/worst.

First no take out which is a nice budget saver as well, better quality grains instead of pasta/white rice I will use farro or quiona, less snacking/better quality snacking, and smaller portion sizes (.25lb of meat instead of .5-.75 lb a meal). I started exercising but its been much easier to control the hunger now that I have a better handle on my diet.

Good luck!
  • MomjoggerMomjogger Posts: 745Member Member Posts: 745Member Member
    I agree that you can exercise without dieting and not lose weight. I can’t diet without exercise and lose weight though. I think maybe because exercise allows for wiggle room calorie wise. I know some people can and do lose weight without exercise. I think if you’re really active you probably don’t need to exercise, but I’m not super active or energetic normally, so I need to exercise to burn more.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 36,548Member Member Posts: 36,548Member Member
    Of course...weight management comes down to calorie (energy) management. If you're in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

That said, I would highly recommend getting in some regular exercise, even if it's walking. Regular exercise is just about the best thing you can do for your overall health and well being. Exercise doesn't have to be a sufferfest.
  • cheryldumaischeryldumais Posts: 1,606Member Member Posts: 1,606Member Member
    I lost most of my weight with walking only however, I regret not doing some strength training. I wish I had worked harder to maintain the muscle I had because it's harder to build now than maintaining would have been. Why do I want more muscle? Because muscle requires more calories to maintain than fat. Also because I'm getting old and I don't want to lose strength. Just my two cents worth. As others have said as long as your calories in are less than what you burn you will lose weight.