What's something you wish you could tell your younger self?

Replies

• gexking
    gexking Posts: 125 Member
    You don't have to be fast, just run. And yeah, don't smoke.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    To my college self:

If you really want to be something specific like a certain type of researcher, technician, psychologist, etc, it's totally possible for you. It might take a long time and you might go into a lot of debt, but you're smart enough and there are WAYS to achieve your goals besides relying on your parents or your own $7/hr job to pay for it. Don't be so afraid of failure and always take the safest path...it won't get you any special points later in life that you're supporting yourself now. Don't bother with the boys you date. Wait for someone of higher quality who you can really relate to.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2019
    I mean... younger me wouldn't listen anyway. Or current me, for that matter.

Okay, here's one: don't shotgun rum out of the bottle.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Stay away from goldschlager and the bushes.
  • Finafrock18
    Finafrock18 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm only 18 but I feel like years are already passing me by. So I'd tell my younger self to still be kind but don't put others happyness before your own happiness.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    I mean... younger me wouldn't listen anyway. Or current me, for that matter.

Okay, here's one: don't shotgun rum out of the bottle.

There is truth in this.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Listen to yourself...your inner intuition (so far) is always right...even if its not what you want to hear
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Join the Cross country and track teams. Biggest regret. Didn’t start running until 2008. Year after HS graduation :(
  • MahShield21
    MahShield21 Posts: 544 Member
    Read books read people and don't stop living life....you will find right path and you will be the different person for every new situation
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Your body type will be 'in' finally you just have to wait 10 or so years. Everyone wants to be thicc now.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Look man, Strawberry Quik tastes nasty as an adult. Dont try it out of nostalgia.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Look man, Strawberry Quik tastes nasty as an adult. Dont try it out of nostalgia.

That sounds like something you should have told yourself this morning?
  • Pandemonium_

Technically, I was younger this morning.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member

😂😂😂😂
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Fair. Also, I could have told you that. :)
  • Pandemonium_

Wait...are you the older me? Is this some type of time loop thingie??
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    Your body type will be 'in' finally you just have to wait 10 or so years. Everyone wants to be thicc now.

YES!

I feel this way about my hair, too. It's a lot longer and wavier than my profile pic which is from last year. But when I was a teen, I HATED it being really thick with just a slight natural wave. In the 90s everyone wanted sleek baby fine Alicia Silverstone hair or tight spiral curls. I love it when people ask me what type of styler I use to get big waves and it's my natural texture. Finally ok with it!
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Wait...are you the older me? Is this some type of time loop thingie??

Nope, we just have a similar sense of nostalgia. And the same bad taste in the mouth for it.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    You just can't spell everything phonetically