Doing it different this time!!

Options
13»

Replies

• MarceJourneys
    MarceJourneys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this ! I need to follow this myself !!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice, I'll find another group

Add friends too that helps
  • kacahill320
    kacahill320 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to find MFP friends with whom I could talk to
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Lost another lb that's 10lbs since I started yippee
  • jrh_this_better_work
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I really need it; how come MFP recommends 1840 calories a day but if I have 1340 I lose weight? If I have 1400 I gain? Am I trying to lose too fast or shall I just relax and give it a chance to work in a rythem?

No. 1840 calories is what MFP thinks you need based on your input to maintain your current weight. You must have indicated that you want to lose a pound a week. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat, which averages to 500 calories a day over a 7 day period. That takes your recommended calories to 1340 per day before you add back exercise. If you eat 1400 in a day, that just means you will lose more slowly as you won't have reached 3500 calories deficit at the end of 7 days.
  • saggynaggy65
    saggynaggy65 Posts: 68 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I didn't listen to my own advice! :D I was up very early this morning and started reading older discussions of mine. This particular one struck me because I forgot that I even wrote it and my mindset seemed a lot better at that time when it came to weight loss. Unfortunately, shortly after posting this I went back to my old ways and began an obsession with carbs. After watching some amazing results on a doctor's YouTube channel, I started a very low carb (20 grams total) Keto diet back in July of 2021. I quickly shed 30 pounds and felt amazing!

In the last year, I have been struggling with maintaining that amount of carbs. I have gained back 10 pounds because eating carbs as low as the 20g total (which I was taught in the video and the book) I think has triggered some kind of binge eating disorder. I completely fell off the rails this summer when my Dad passed away from terminal cancer and now I can't seem to get back on track.

This old post was a great reminder to start living my life and stop obsessing about carbs and weight loss. I am in this for the long haul and need to eat in a way that I can sustain for the rest of my life.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I didn't listen to my own advice! :D I was up very early this morning and started reading older discussions of mine. This particular one struck me because I forgot that I even wrote it and my mindset seemed a lot better at that time when it came to weight loss. Unfortunately, shortly after posting this I went back to my old ways and began an obsession with carbs. After watching some amazing results on a doctor's YouTube channel, I started a very low carb (20 grams total) Keto diet back in July of 2021. I quickly shed 30 pounds and felt amazing!

In the last year, I have been struggling with maintaining that amount of carbs. I have gained back 10 pounds because eating carbs as low as the 20g total (which I was taught in the video and the book) I think has triggered some kind of binge eating disorder. I completely fell off the rails this summer when my Dad passed away from terminal cancer and now I can't seem to get back on track.

This old post was a great reminder to start living my life and stop obsessing about carbs and weight loss. I am in this for the long haul and need to eat in a way that I can sustain for the rest of my life.

Good show: It was a good plan (IMO) then, and a good plan now. All that remains is to follow it.

I'm cheering for you!