Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Do you track fruits and veggies?

shira77shira77 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
Hi, I’m on day 4 and I was wondering if you guys track the fruit and vegetables you eat? When I used to be on Weight Watchers most fruit and veggies were considered 0 points. I don’t eat more than 2-3 servings per day and I’m not sure if I need to track them.

Replies

• sgt1372sgt1372 Posts: 3,336Member Member Posts: 3,336Member Member
    Yes, I do.
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 2,167Member Member Posts: 2,167Member Member
    An apple can easily be over 70 calories. Do you think those 70 calories don't count?
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 10,469Member Member Posts: 10,469Member Member
    when you count calories, you count all your calories. fruit, veg, cake, milk, etc
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Posts: 7,508Member Member Posts: 7,508Member Member
    Yes, but I have to say I'm less worried about accuracy for calorie sparse items like lettuce...the calorie difference between 1 3/4 cups vs 2 cups is just not significant...unlike something like peanut butter where being off 1/4 cup is a huge amount of calories.
  • beckys19beckys19 Posts: 119Member Member Posts: 119Member Member
    I log almost all fruits and veggies. The only exceptions are when I add a little lettuce, onion, peppers, etc as a topping to a burger, hot dog, or taco, (or lemon/lime juice) since I know that the amounts I add would be under 10 calories and not make or break my day either way. Maybe if I munch a small strawberry or a couple blueberries when preparing the boy's lunches too, lol...
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 343Member Member Posts: 343Member Member
    Yep.... fruit calories add up quicker than you think. Lots of sugar. Veggies can be tricky too.... like I love steamed brussel sprouts, when I started logging them I surprised to see how many calories and carbs they have.... glad I looked it up. I'm not super strict with veggies like celery and lettuce since they are mostly water... Just depends on what it is I guess!
  • babyluthibabyluthi Posts: 242Member Member Posts: 242Member Member
    If it passes my lips. it is tracked.
  • wahelgawahelga Posts: 314Member, Premium Member Posts: 314Member, Premium Member
    I track everything. More than half my daily calories come from fruit and vegetables
  • missysippy930missysippy930 Posts: 1,648Member Member Posts: 1,648Member Member
    Yes I track everything.
    No matter what program that you follow, someone determined the calories, and advises you what you can, and cannot eat how much, and sometimes even when you eat.
    On MFP, we do this ourselves, and all foods and beverages, except water, have calories.
  • SarahAnne3958SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78Member Member Posts: 78Member Member
    Back when I tracked calories I did weigh out, count and track vegetables and fruit. If your plan is calorie tracking based then you should be including everything you eat/drink.

WW does factor them in, they just do the numbers differently.
    edited September 2019
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,423Member Member Posts: 1,423Member Member
    I count every single calorie from one grape to one carrot. If I skipped counting fruits and veggies, that would end up being 1/2 my daily calories. If you want to be accurate and succeed, the answer is MOST DEFINITELY YES!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,724Member Member Posts: 7,724Member Member
    Anything you eat has calories. Track everything.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 395Member Member Posts: 395Member Member
    I did track them when I was losing but I guessed their weight rather than using a good scale. Maybe that’s silly, but it didn’t stop my progress. I dislike weighing food. I know weighing food makes sense for other people and they don’t have a problem with it. I’ve just decided to start losing a few vanity pounds. Im not weighing fruit and veg at the moment but I may have to if my weight loss stalls.