What's your 'Can't have in the house' food?

Options
I actually do not believe in 'forbidden food', because as soon as I start thinking that way those are the foods I will binge on. Everything in moderation is okay. That being said, there are a few foods I can not have in the house because I am unable to exercise moderation: I can not have any good quality cheese in the house, it's my drug of choice. I also had to stop buying hummus. Candy and fast food does not phase me, but I am powerless over cheese and hummus.
What are your 'can't have them around' foods?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To be frank with a 19 year old son and husband there are "can't have foods" in my house.

I can test my will power in one of two ways...saying no to myself or listening to them whine....I choose myself...:drinker:
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Donuts..I stared at part of one my daughter had left for about 20 minutes...I finally threw it out...NSV!!!
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tater Tots :) I can't seem to resist them.
  • ellebrosseau
    ellebrosseau Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Definitely ice cream. :|
  • leahcarrie
    leahcarrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered almonds.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The only food I can't have in the house is chocolate cake. I'm absolutely powerless and a bite here and there adds up quickly throughout the day! :sad:
  • StayinCrunchy
    StayinCrunchy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cereal. Wonderful crunchy, milky cereal. Not even the healthy kind, I'll eat the entire box in a couple of days.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Frozen white castle burgers
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nutella and Trader Joe's cookie butter. Although with 3 kids and hubby, they sneak in from time to time but I pretend they are not there. They are spreadable crack.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    To be frank with a 19 year old son and husband there are "can't have foods" in my house.

I can test my will power in one of two ways...saying no to myself or listening to them whine....I choose myself...:drinker:

Wow all that will power and a hot bod. Your smoking hotstuff!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    donuts, cookie dough, chocolate. yummmmmmmmmm
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Dorito's are the DEVIL! :devil:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just found a new one. Cake Batter Batter Batter pre packed ice cream from coldstone. It is not a "creation" from the wall it is in the fridge ready to grab and go. It's cake batter ice cream with cookie dough and brownie chunks. No crunch, no chewy, nothing but smooth with highlights of gooey chocolate and moments of buttery and sugar sprecked cookie dough...

1331744791642_7622224.png
  • fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nutella and Condensed Milk
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    M&M's, peanuts, single serving chocolates...
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream...it's amazing how quickly that 2 quart container disappears (and I live alone so I can't blame it on anyone else!!)
  • CSYounce
    CSYounce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Potato chips!!!! If they are there I will eat them all. In one day.

I still have them - just in small bags with lunch every now and then. But no big bags in front of the TV..

:smile:
  • FitCurlysue
    FitCurlysue Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't keep it in the house I usually---usually----don't think about it and don't want it. Now there are days I want some ice cream and then I will go and get a SCOOP from somewhere and that's it. Otherwise if I had it in the house I'd turn it into many scoops. :o But I'd say soda, ice cream, chips (Doritos), premade desserts and candy are what I can't have in the house. So basically sugar! I do keep Lay's Baked Scoops to eat with guac, hummus or salsa sometimes but I don't eat them by themselves. My hang up is sugar sugar sugar so I just don't keep it there.

However, I do have a husband and his hang up is cheese and snacky crackers or anything like that so I try to keep the crackers out of the house and I just keep the option of cheese to mozzarella and sometimes cheddar but that's it. No string cheese or he'll inhale them and he knows it's bad and can't help himself. I don't care for snacky crackers and won't look twice at a box in the cabinet so I keep them away to help him.

Also, the husband loves a good Jack 'n Coke on Fridays so sometimes there's Coke in the house but since I've been working out and know how much it takes me to burn away all those liquid calories (and don't want to have to do that) I just don't even touch it! Run away!!!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have it but not for long Ice cream is the number one the number two is pretty much cookies of any kind. Oreo golden are the best. oh yea so are lofthouse oh yea so are chocolate chip cant forget about peanut butter or peanut butter no bake I like cookies.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Apple pie