What's your 'Can't have in the house' food?

Options

Replies

• hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    That gift from the Roman gods which is today known as Nutella. This includes the Ferrero Rocher candies which I often get from people as holiday gifts.

Yup. And Nutella's equally evil cousins: almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, and really any kind of nut butter out there. There is no moderation for me with any of it, and while I pretend the kids love it (other than peanut butter, which my son eats on everything), I end up eating it alone. While I'm alone. And in easy reach of a spoon...
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Spicy Nacho Doritos! Ugh.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Pizza. 100% pizza.

And don't give me that "cauliflower pizza" crap. It isn't pizza. It's a lie covered in low fat cheese and sauce.
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    biscuits and gravy
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Potato chips - especially, but not limited to Cape Cod kettle chips or Ruffles. They seem to have a 'crack-like' effect that I can't explain. I can eat one small cup of a multipack of ice cream cups and leave the rest in the freezer from day to day. If I eat a single serving of chips, I will want to get in the car and go get more... triggers cravings like nothing else :( So for now, I just avoid them. Anything else - if I want it and it fits in my calories, I will eat it.
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhs3dy4dB51rx8lgjo1_400.gif

:love: That's totally me! Nutella has been forbidden from the house for years! Ice cream as well, my husband and I will polish off a quart in one sitting. And any kind of chips, somehow my hand always finds the bottom of the bag :blushing:
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's not food, but... beer.

I uff-king love beer.

Not to get drunk, I just love how it tastes. I would be very tempted to have a nice, tall, icy cold pint of ale, cider, bitter, stout or lager with each meal.

A nice crisp, dry IPA with a juicy medium steak. Phwoar.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    chips. any flavour. any brand.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    That gift from the Roman gods which is today known as Nutella. This includes the Ferrero Rocher candies which I often get from people as holiday gifts.

Yup. And Nutella's equally evil cousins: almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, and really any kind of nut butter out there. There is no moderation for me with any of it, and while I pretend the kids love it (other than peanut butter, which my son eats on everything), I end up eating it alone. While I'm alone. And in easy reach of a spoon...

All this, but especially peanut butter. One spoon.. then another... then another.

I used to be really bad with having bread around but now I can have it around without any problem. I have learned moderation over the months that I have been changing my diet and exercise habits. I might have to try keeping some peanut butter around again without going crazy because it is good stuff.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I no longer have a forbidden food. Before I put anything in my mouth I look it up and ask myself. It is worth working out for XX minutes to burn off these calories. Usually the answer is no but if I do indulge I pay for it during workout time so my food transgression is forgiven. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies usually cause me an extra 30 minutes of cardio so they are not around too often.
  • Krobelus
    Krobelus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd! " can't have foods ' in my house is all around..I just say no to them..
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Potato chips.

Unless they're salt and vinegar and then I won't touch them.
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Nutella for sure!
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For the most part store bought baked goods, particularly Krispy Kreme Donuts. Honestly they aren't even that good and every time I have them, I think "not as good as I thought they'd be", but if they are in front of me I lose all self control and devour them. Truly addictive for me.
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This post is making me hungry. My item is ice cream but now I am thinking of an assortment of forbidden items thats to the rest of you. :(
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. Delectable concoctions of dried fruits, chocolate chips, nuts, granola. I've never been able to limit myself to a pathetic 1/4 cup serving of that stuff.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Chocolate... especially chocolate cake. Wait--- any kind of cake. ;)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it was Nutella, but it's been sitting on the shelf for two weeks with a couple of bites taken out of it by my brother and I haven't touched it yet. So nothing, I guess. Only thing kept out of the house is the stuff no one in the house likes.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Dorito's are the DEVIL! :devil:

Agreed. Zesty Cheese Doritos. I know they are most people's least favourite flavour but I LOVE THEM. My dad bought a big bag once because he knows I love them, hid them and would only give me a little bowl every few days. That was his plan, anyway. I ended up tearing the kitchen apart and eating the entire big bag in about 5 minutes.

I know he was just trying to be sweet but I told him never, ever, ever to bring them back! I swear, my willpower is usually better. Icecream, chocolate, cookies, other chips, fast food, I can avoid them all. But for some reason, those salty cheese corn chips are my thing.
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    First of all: there's this chocolate with caramel-pieces (Moser Roth by Aldi) - if I buy it, it won't even last the rest of the day
    And then: any kind of chips - I don't miss them when I don't have any, but if I buy them, I can eat several packages