What's your 'Can't have in the house' food?

Options

Replies

• fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    Options
    Pringles - used to eat a whole tube to myself but haven't had any in 2 years!!
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I only buy what I want to eat.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fig Newtons
  • healthyhappyshannon
    Options
    Nutella and chocolate-covered raisins
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears. Seriously, I always buy the large Great Value brand because it's cheap, but whenever I bring them into the house, I make them part of almost every meal. It has gotten to the point where I'd have a big handful of those bad boys for breakfast. So with that said, I've vowed to not even buy another bag after I destroyed the last bag.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Pound Plus Milk Chocolate Bars, honestly, I can eat the entire thing in one sitting. I'll feel sick as a dog, but it's so wonderful while eating it.

That and a bag of marshmallows. I'll just start popping them and the whole bag will be gone in a sitting.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Cookies. None of that "I'll just have two and put the rest away" mentality here.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Donuts..I stared at part of one my daughter had left for about 20 minutes...I finally threw it out...NSV!!!

Woohoo.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    none, I can resist anything until I eat something bad and it makes me feel that I can eat about anything since I'm off track already. I guess I have the mentally of eat healthy or eat unhealthy.. no in the middle. Before it was bread, I love making viet sandwich and eat it all the time.

yep me too. If i know I'll be over cals by end of day i just eat the whole dozen donuts.
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about cheese, hard flavoursome cheese in particular.

I just don't buy it now. I don't ask for it on food any more. I refuse it at Subway and sit-down meals.

I limit myself to soft low-fat cheeses in the fridge ... light cottage cheese, lowest fat ricotta, etc.

If we are having guests over, I make a big garden salad and lash out with some crumbled low-fat fetta.

- - -

I also have a weakness for ice cream products so I just don't buy any to store in the freezer. Once a week I get two scoops of vanilla when I'm out at my group trivia night. That's a limit I've lived with for nearly seven months.

I also try not to buy multiple chocolate bars. I particularly like Cherry Ripes and Fry's Turkish Delights. I try to keep it to 1-3 per fortnight. It's worked for most of seven months. (I have lapsed twice and bought four at once. Bad move both times as their presence in the fridge was too great a temptation.

- - -

The David Gillespie book, "Sweet Poison" has been a revelation. I want to wind sugar (added sugar and introduced sugar) back to as near to zero as I can. It works when I am able to be hard on myself.

Hard to believe that Australians and Americans have gone from eating 3-5 pounds of sugar per year (1850) to eating about two pounds a week in 2012. IT'S AN ADDITIVE IN SO MANY PROCESSED FOODS. And we are guilty for adding it to what we cook and buy.

Gillespie aimed to cut his own sugar and shed 40kg in a year and a half with no other changes.

Insidious stuff!
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Like the OP, I don't have any "forbidden foods". But the one thing I will eat all of (minus the piece or two my daughter may grab) are red licorice. If I decide to indulge, I'll get one of the small bags as I know I'd eat the bulk of a large one on my own.

Same here! I <3 Twizzlers!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Ice Cream- the whole pint.....
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Doritos. Those damn things get me every time!
  • christiec2015
    Options
    White chocolate :love: heavenly
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs
    frosted sugar cookies
    a big bag of chips
    pizza
    Ice cream
    cupcakes

I still eat them i just can't buy them in bulk
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ice cream...Except the "diet' kind...I absolutely crave ice cream(especially in the summer), so I satisfy this craving by eating WW brand or something similar...I learned awhile ago that if I don't buy Blue Bell Ice Cream(which I LOVE), I won't eat it!!!

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I few weeks ago I bought some laughing cow single serve low fat cheeses for those days when I am below my calorie count. What a treat! Hard to have just one though! OMG they are so good! Can't buy those any more. No way. Chips and dips and ice cream either.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just plain Lay's potato chips. If I have some in the house, I can end up eating the entire bag. I have to stop myself from buying them!!

This!!!!!! Obsessed with them. I have to stay away from Doritos as well. Now, I only eat them if they are at other people's houses when I am visiting. Watching eyes and manners keep me from swallowing the whole bag in one sitting when visiting. At home, all bets are off!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Crunchy cheetos (or puffs for that matter). I can't keep them in the house and ration them to so many a day.... I start with the best of intentions (just ONE serving each day).... and the next thing I know I'm covered in cheetos dust, the bag is empty, and I am riddled with guilt and nausea!
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everything is safe in my home. However, the first 3 or so weeks I opted not to have any cookies, ice cream or other "junk" just so I could get in a habit of eating healthier foods. Then I started adding them back in the house. I'm happy to say I eat them in proper moderation within my calorie count.