Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Apple shaped disaster

2»

Replies

• kimothyschmakimothyschma Posts: 207Member Member Posts: 207Member Member
    Mythrain1 wrote: »
    I am grateful for my health and that I have legs to carry me, but the bottom line is that as a woman, I feel I don’t look like a woman. I don’t have low self esteem, I try to eat very healthy. To me- a woman can be big or small- but the apple shape isn’t feminine to me. It’s the most unattractive shape. When I say it’s a disaster- it’s because it’s true. We all learn to accept what we can’t change- but that doesn’t mean the truth changes. Being shaped like a circle or a tortilla chip is unattractive.

Damn, well. I hope you can come to terms with yourself because genetics isn't something you can change. Maybe you need to learn to expand your personal definitions of beauty and femininity. Best of luck to you.
  • bunnyaabunnyaa Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    Get down to goal weight, then focus on gaining a lot of leg muscle to get the proportions you want
  • rheddmobilerheddmobile Posts: 4,537Member Member Posts: 4,537Member Member
    While you can’t spot reduce, you can strengthen the muscles of your core in a way that may reduce your waist circumference by helping you have better posture and hold your belly in. I’m not an apple, but I do have a big belly which I tend to stick out in front of me, and core exercises helped my appearance a lot. Heavy compound lifts work your core, and I also really like my ab roller for core strength - they are very inexpensive, and if you don’t want to buy one you can also do ab rollouts using a dumbbell. Take some photos from the side and look at your posture, if you tend to stand with your pelvis tilted forward, work on that.

As far as disasters go, broad shoulders look great in halters! Every shape has advantages as well as disadvantages. It’s natural to hate your own disadvantages because you are more aware of them. Just remember to look for the good as well.
  • Mythrain1Mythrain1 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    I too am an inverted triangle and apple shaped. I have a B belly too.

By the time I hit my mid 50’s I was in the worst shape, and looked the worst, of my life.

Bordering on overweight but carrying most of that weight front and forward, especially the upper ‘belly’ region, I decided to do something about it.

Counting my cals and starting to exercise for the first time in my life took me back to the weight I had been earlier but with a better body composition.

It took a year, to get my weight down and progressively increase my fitness level. That year gave me a healthy body, and a sculpted body.

10 years later and I still, through diet and exercise, have a healthy, sculpted body- not one like a fitness model, one that I find easy to maintain, admire, and dress.

If you don’t like where you are now, start losing some weight and incorporate some cardio and strength training into your daily life.

Being an inverted triangle, apple shaped, B bellied, small breasted, flat bottomed, slim legged person is who I am on the outside, it suits me, and says nothing about who I am on the inside.

I’ve always had this figure, I don’t know how I would dress any other kind of figure.

(For those who recognize me, no need to click the spoiler B))
    The first pic is me at 54. All the rest were taken in my 60’s.

Not the body of a young woman but with work that ‘apple’ has improved

vpj7yu0tmvcx.jpeg

Just to show that the apple shape isn’t the end of the world as far as dressing to please yourself goes.

ko1kneruelko.jpeg

Be the best you can be. It takes work and dedication, but well worth it.

Cheers, h.

Thank you! It’s great hearing your story! That bikini pic is fabulous. One day perhaps...