Dr told me [after losing 20kg] that I'm too fat and I should try injections for weight loss

Like... actually?

I got halfway by myself and lost 20kg why do I need injections to lose the rest 😤

#ScaredofNeedles

Replies

• vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Seems he just looking for extra cash 💸

My first thought too.

Ask for the reasons and then go and see another doctor for a second opinion ... If the injections are seconded there it is a good hint that they are actually necessary.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    In your pic, you look healthy. How do you feel, perform, hunger levels? Actually height weight, bf?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    ...injections of what, exactly...?

This 100%!

I’d be really interested in what he’s suggesting. Sounds crazy to me!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Not sure where you are but if in the U.S., was this from your primary care doctor or a doctor at one of those weight loss "clinics"? If the latter those clinics often push B-12 injections as some kind of miracle serum...
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oops wrong thread
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Seems he just looking for extra cash 💸

My first thought too.

Ask for the reasons and then go and see another doctor for a second opinion ... If the injections are seconded there it is a good hint that they are actually necessary.

Or the second doctor is equally incompetent. It could go either way. Depends on what these proposed injections are and the reasoning behind them.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    +1 find another doctor...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    What everyone has said plus being scared of needles is like the least reason not to do whatever this jerk says.
  • IwillLOSE40kg
    IwillLOSE40kg Posts: 317 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    In your pic, you look healthy. How do you feel, perform, hunger levels? Actually height weight, bf?

I need to loose 20kg to be a healthy BMI
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    What are the injections that your dr spoke of?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

I need to loose 20kg to be a healthy BMI

That's only 44 pounds. You don't need injections.

Injections of what, anyway?